• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should a book like this be allowed in school?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I understand that the U.S. is struggling with a very important issue. That issue is of course, books.

I understand that in schools today there are some very dangerous books, books that hurt kids.

What do you think about this book?

1684604504044.png

How are you going to deal with this serious problem? By which of course I mean the problem of books.

Last edited:

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Often enough, the blame is not on the perp but on the messenger who points out what the perp has done. Don't know whether the phrase exists in English but in German we say it's the messenger who "put his finger into the wound" is when a messenger points at the heart of the issue. So, in the book you mention, I think the notion that the finger is put into the wound could be used figuratively as well as quite literally.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Often enough, the blame is not on the perp but on the messenger who points out what the perp has done. Don't know whether the phrase exists in English but in German we say it's the messenger who "put his finger into the wound" is when a messenger points at the heart of the issue. So, in the book you mention, I think the notion that the finger is put into the wound could be used figuratively as well as quite literally.
That's an interesting expression. It sounds biblical: the disciple Thomas (sometimes called Doubting Thomas) was sceptical that Christ has risen from the dead and said he would not believe it unless he could put his finger into Christ's wounds - which he then was invited to do, next time Jesus appeared when he was present.

In British English we tend to say someone has "hit the nail on the head", when they get exactly to the key point at the heart of an issue.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I understand that the U.S. is struggling with a very important issue. That issue is of course, books.

I understand that in schools today there are some very dangerous books, books that hurt kids.

View attachment 77298

How are you going to deal with this serious problem? By which of course I mean the problem of books.
Wow! What else can I say. Will it do any good? I hate to say it but the problem may need to get even worse.

tytlyf

Not Religious
More guns = more gun violence.
Criminals don't follow the law. Which is why it's important to have proper storage of firearms in vehicle/home. Many ignore these common sense ideas.
Republicans are usually supporting the Corporate weapons manufacturers and their profits (MIC). The 2A stuff is to trick the base into thinking it's about the 2A

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

View attachment 77298

It's sad that those books even exist in the first place.

Whatever happened with Curious George and Clifford the Big Red Dog, or Richard Scarry?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Givin the graphics on the cover of the book from the op, I kind of wondered which age group applied here.
And you have to think, kids stories even frequently have some sort of coupling, such as mom and dad or a prince and princess. Nobody cared until RW bigots got all butt hurt over homosexuals being portrayed and books saying its ok to be gay. Then, despite everything, then all of sudden it's all just wrong and bad we need to just go back to the three Rs.