• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

lostwanderingsoul

We understand how life evolves. It is not that big of a problem. You are using an argument from ignorant, a logical fallacy. Instead of doing that you should be trying to learn how biologists know what they know.
You did not answer the question. Can you name anything that exists that was not designed and built?

lostwanderingsoul

You don't understand evolution, do you?
I understand that everything exists because someone with the knowledge and power to build it used that knowledge and power to do so. If I see a painting of a flower I know there was an artist who painted it. Someone did not just put a canvas and some paint in a room and close the door and then come back later to see if there was a painting. But the actual flower which is much more complex than a painting, oh, that just happened all by itself.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I understand that everything exists because someone with the knowledge and power to build it used that knowledge and power to do so. If I see a painting of a flower I know there was an artist who painted it. Someone did not just put a canvas and some paint in a room and close the door and then come back later to see if there was a painting. But the actual flower which is much more complex than a painting, oh, that just happened all by itself.
Sorry, you do not know that you only believe that. Your terribly failed arguments demonstrate that all you have is mere belief.

Do you think that we can have a discussion without endless logical fallacies on your part?

lostwanderingsoul

Sorry, you do not know that you only believe that. Your terribly failed arguments demonstrate that all you have is mere belief.

Do you think that we can have a discussion without endless logical fallacies on your part?
I would like very much to have a discussion. Would you tell me what part I do not know? I do not know that the painting was made by an artist? Or I do not know the flower just came into being all by itself? Which part should we discuss?

lostwanderingsoul

Perhaps you should. You were given examples for an answer to a rather ignorant question. Don't complain.
I do not believe there are ignorant questions. I asked if anything exists that was not designed and made. You said rocks. Perhaps the answer is more ignorant than the question. So maybe you can try again. Can you name anything that exists that was not designed and made? And more important, what proof is there?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I would like very much to have a discussion. Would you tell me what part I do not know? I do not know that the painting was made by an artist? Or I do not know the flower just came into being all by itself? Which part should we discuss?
You clearly do not know that you are trying to use circular reasoning. Yes, a painting was made by a painter. So what?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I do not believe there are ignorant questions. I asked if anything exists that was not designed and made. You said rocks. Perhaps the answer is more ignorant than the question. So maybe you can try again. Can you name anything that exists that was not designed and made? And more important, what proof is there?
And life too. Don't forget that. Don't complain when your you errors are revealed.

Can you reason rationally? Please stop stealing the idiotic arguments of Ray Comfort.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Perhaps you could rationalize better with people if you stop calling their ideas idiotic.
I am sorry, but Ray's arguments are idiotic. The man is a fool when it comes to debating. He uses a circular argument. That makes it too easy to refute. We could have a serious discussion if you reason rationally. But of course if we use an evidence based discussion you will not find any scientific evidence for your beliefs. That doesn't s why it is more of a discussion than a debate. You cannot win in the sense of supporting your beliefs but you may win by learning.

GardenLady

So, the Theory of Evolution has failed to relate to Popper's falsifiability criterion.
If a theory has lost the potential to be falsified, it is no longer a scientific theory,
neither scientific fact.

You are being willfully obtuse. The ToE has NOT lost the POTENTIAL to be falsified. However, myriad attempts over a long period of time have failed to falsify it. Scientists can try over and over again, but thousands of attempts to falsify the ToE have failed and all the evidence supports that evolution is a fundamental process of life. REAL scientific attempts to falsify that evolution occurs could be done validly by the scientific method every day of the week. But still, evolution is not falsified.

The specifics of detailed mechanisms and exact line of descent are still the subject of research and some of the theories (e.g.,. punctuated equilibrium) are controversial and have or may be falsified. Not the theory that evolution occurs, just specific mechanisms. It is in this realm that YECs falsely quote Gould as either questioning or admitting the defeat of evolution.

It is literally belief in Genesis and a very young earth that does not have the potential to be falsified--it is based on belief and a priori assumptions that are not amenable to any kinds of testing by the scientific method.