• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shogun

Viker

Häxan
I've enjoyed it. I agree. It's best not dubbed. I have a large enough screen I can catch what I would need to understand. Good stuff.

PureX

Veteran Member
Shogun, Tai Pan, and King Rat were a trilogy of books written years ago by an Aussie named James Clavell. They are excellent novels, and I think there have been several films made based on them. Clavell also wrote the story The Fly that became two different films over the years.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If you are looking for something to see, I would highly recommend the Shogun series, it is a masterpiece. (Obviously suggest watching it with Japanese language rather than dubbed.) :)

I watched it when I was in high school.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I enjoyed it, but the ending was merely one
character's disclosure of what the ending
would be....without showing it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If you are looking for something to see, I would highly recommend the Shogun series, it is a masterpiece. (Obviously suggest watching it with Japanese language rather than dubbed.) :)

I loved the original series of about 30 or so years ago.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I loved the original series of about 30 or so years ago.
That's interesting. I watch the 1980 Toshiro Mufuni series and, as much as I loved Seven Samurai and Yojimbo, I was really disappointed. This was probably because I had previously read the Clavell book (twice).

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I was thinking about the old TV series (featuring Richard Chamberlain) fairly recently, and as to why it hasn't been shown on TV - or not on anything other than pay-per-view perhaps. Quite liked it.