• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shoe is on the other foot: Prove there is not God.

Smoke

Done here.
This is a cop out.

You believe in god yet know absolutely nothing about the god you supposedly believe in?

Seems you have been busted in a lie.
If he doesn't know anything about his god, he can hardly be said to believe in a god at all, can he? He just believes in some vague, indefinable "something" about which he knows nothing.

Bible is there for all to see

Now you've really lost me. You claim you cannot define your god yet you then claim the Bible defines him and you believe in the Bible, so that stands to reason you would be able to define him yet for some reason you cannot. Something isn't right here.

What is quite funny though is that you claim people cannot disprove god. From looking at your arguments, you cant prove it is there and the only source of evidence that illustrates something about a being called god (the Bible), cannot help you in your ability to define god either. Somehow though you manage to argue around this issue through some rather interesting and "creative" ways. You haven't managed to give an argument supporting god's existence that isn't refuted already or that makes some sense. But of course you may just side-track this all as you already have done... .

I'm curious though, can you answer me this question? Does x = 3, 5, 9 or none of the three presented numbers?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
If he doesn't know anything about his god, he can hardly be said to believe in a god at all, can he?
That is simply untrue on the face of it, and its rather sad that this fact fact somehow eludes you. There is nothing illogical, irrational, or trivial about apophatic theology. One can believe (rightly or wrongly) in preternatural agency while also believing that such agency is inherently unknowable.

Smoke

Done here.
That is simply untrue on the face of it, and its rather sad that this fact fact somehow eludes you. There is nothing illogical, irrational, or trivial about apophatic theology. One can believe (rightly or wrongly) in preternatural agency while also believing that such agency is inherently unknowable.
We have not reached the level of apophatic theology in this thread, and it's rather sad that this simple fact eludes you.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
He had no insurance! Yes, if things had not been so some in the family would have had financial problems.
Sounds unfortunate, and I do sympathize.

It's just that in my experience, the word "blessing" is more often applied to fortunate events than unfortunate ones.

Bible is there for all to see
And for all to interpret in a wide variety of ways. Which way do you interpret it?

If a person believes that God is inherently unknowable, then he believes in at least one characteristic of God.

If a person believes in a thing but has absolutely no conception of what that thing is, can this validly be called a belief?

Humanistheart

:confused: I'm hoping I'm not the only one who has no clue what is so funny about the word "aforementioned" in Humanisheart's response.

It would seem no one has a clue what Jay is saying. Perhaps this is because he hasn't really said anything at all. So far in this thread he has just made insults and used various smiley's.

Last edited:

Archer

Wow.
Now you are unable to form complete sentences...

No not really, my God has been accused of not being? Many have made unfounded accusations. Present the case.
I dont need to do anything because it is an exercise in futility either way.