• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shoe is on the other foot: Prove there is not God.

Archer

My own words can not even come close to summing up God:)

How about this: To me God is the fabric that hold the universe together, the dark matter and energy is the unseen bond that he has formed to keep things rolling along.

God is that felling you get when you do something you know you dont need to be doing though you know you will never get caught.

God is the element that allowed things to be as they are. Not as we see them now but what it took to get us here.

God is what allows me to reach the peace that defies understanding when I confide in him.

There is more but I think that is enough for now.

Draka

Wonder Woman
What proves the bible though? One says the bible is proof of this or that, but what substantiates the bible as something that is accurate in the first place?

Archer

What proves the bible though? One says the bible is proof of this or that, but what substantiates the bible as something that is accurate in the first place?

Because it is, even if there is not a single fact in it, it is all true, from a philosophical view, my (and millions of others) philosophical world view.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Because it is, even if there is not a single fact in it, it is all true, from a philosophical view, my (and millions of others) philosophical world view.
*yawns*
BORING!

You merely resort to your appeal to numbers.
Now since appeal to numbers has already been explained to you as being nothing more than self delusion....

Archer

*yawns*
BORING!

You merely resort to your appeal to numbers.
Now since appeal to numbers has already been explained to you as being nothing more than self delusion....

How about this: To me God is the fabric that hold the universe together, the dark matter and energy is the unseen bond that he has formed to keep things rolling along.

God is that felling you get when you do something you know you dont need to be doing though you know you will never get caught.

God is the element that allowed things to be as they are. Not as we see them now but what it took to get us here.

God is what allows me to reach the peace that defies understanding when I confide in him.

Yawn. It was an answer to Draka. Yours answer is above:angel2:

Draka

Wonder Woman

So you claim it is true to you, and others, from a purely philosophical view and that it is possible that there is not one single fact in it. That being the case are you admitting that it is entirely possible that none of what you believe to be true is based in any kind of reality and it is possible it is just mass group mentality? Are you fine with that? Do you feel a need for what you believe to be true or are you content with the thought that you could be wrong but what you believe gives you peace and solace and that's enough for you?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Okay... in that case, I'd say that if we could demonstrate that each of those things comes from something other than God, then this would disprove God as you've defined him.

Of course, actually doing this might be very difficult. However, that's a big step from before, when it might have been impossible.

Archer

So you claim it is true to you, and others, from a purely philosophical view and that it is possible that there is not one single fact in it. That being the case are you admitting that it is entirely possible that none of what you believe to be true is based in any kind of reality and it is possible it is just mass group mentality? Are you fine with that? Do you feel a need for what you believe to be true or are you content with the thought that you could be wrong but what you believe gives you peace and solace and that's enough for you?

A fact:

1 : a thing done: as a obsolete : feat b : crime <accessory after the fact> c archaic : action
2 archaic : performance, doing
3 : the quality of being actual : actuality <a question of fact hinges on evidence>
4 a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
5 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality

I did not say it was not factual, there is a difference between truth and fact.

There is enough to lead me to believe that a majority is true and factual. As to what may be meant as a lesson, well IDK, science will figure it out. Archeologists have new findings every day.

Humanistheart

I dont need to do anything because it is an exercise in futility either way.

You decided that before you even posted the thread. You already made up your mind that it couldn't be done and it seems like that assumption is preventing you from seeing any of the arguments against it.

Archer

You decided that before you even posted the thread. You already made up your mind that it couldn't be done and it seems like that assumption is preventing you from seeing any of the arguments against it.

I havent seen ary real arguments:) People have been playing this for thousands of years. It is an impossible question either way.

See above.

Last edited:

The Neo Nerd

Or answer a question.

It's truly pathetic.

I disagree the bible is not an atheists best friend, Christians are.

Archer

Here, disprove Him.

Humanistheart

Here, disprove Him.

I don't really care about that definition; no offense intended, but I was not the one that requested it. In your OP you state: Prove there is no god (well you said not but I'm going to go with no). You claim to believe in the bible. I disproved jesus, center of the christian god, using it. I'd say I've met the criteria you set forth in the OP.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
There is no need to disprove of "God" in general. There are too many God's to even begin to disprove them all (even though some have made the attempt.). Sadly, I'm not out to "prove" anything, so it's hard for me to prove or disprove any theory related to this subject. Does God need to be proven or disproven? It seems kind of a pointless exercise either way.

Archer

I don't really care about that definition; no offense intended, but I was not the one that requested it. In your OP you state: Prove there is no god (well you said not but I'm going to go with no). You claim to believe in the bible. I disproved jesus, center of the christian god, using it. I'd say I've met the criteria you set forth in the OP.

As I said you proved that to yourself:)