• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shia Islam and Evolution

arbe waeishrun

Abrahamic religions agree that Adam and Eve were the first creations on Earth, but Science today has proven with highest precision that Evolution is truth and a fact, so it is very easy for scientific atheists to disprove the theory, that Adam was the first man on Earth. So we have the very important question which is did religious scholars misinterpret the religious scriptures? Evolution disproves the belief of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim Scholars and their followers that man suddenly appears.

(Muhammad ibn Ali al-Baqir pbuh said: Since the creation of the earth, God Almighty has created seven peoples who are not descendants of Adam. He created them from the soil of the earth and caused them to inhabit it, one after the other, each with his own people. Then, God Almighty created the father of this mankind, and He created his offspring from him." Al Sadooq 1982, 359. Arabic source, translated. Also Al-Ayashi 1991, vol. 2, 238.)

(The Prince of the Believers, Ali pbuh said: "God Almighty wanted to create a creation with His own hands after 7,000 years of Jinn and Nisnas existing on earth. He wanted to create Adam... I want to create a creature with My hands, and I want to make from his offspring prophets, messengers, righteous servants, and guided Imams, and make them vicegerents among My creation on My earth, who command them against disobeying Me, warn them of My torment, guide them to My obedience, and guide them to the path toward Me. I shall make them Proofs of Mine upon the others, and I will exterminate the Nisnas on My earth and cleanse it of them." Al-Qumi 1983, vol 1, 36. Arabic source, translated.)

We understand from the narrations of the household of The Prophet pbuhap about these beings called Nisnas, meaning human like in Arabic. Nowadays we know from Science about Neanderthals and Homo Erectus, and other human like beigns which have been confirmed by the fossil records, which preceded Homo Sapines. Imam Muhammad al-Baqir pbuh and Imam Ali pbuh knew and talked about it over 1000 years ago.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Many people have suspected slow change in creatures, but what everyone has been missing before Origin of the Species is the mechanism of evolution. No one figured out how it worked before then. That fetuses looked like tadpoles or that monkeys looked somewhat like people was understood. What they were missing was survival of the fittest, the natural breeding program.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I think the root of the issue is a question of maturity. When humanity was ignorant, teachings had to be given in a form that would be in accord with the ignorance of the times but would also inspire people. This ignorance is dissipating today.

If we call "Adam and Eve" the first human beings with full consciousness as we know of ourselves today, the scriptures can be interpreted in a way consistent with theistic evolution (God is who, evolution is how).

There's a lot more to make this a fully fleshed out philosophical stance, but that's the basic idea.

Akivah

Imam Muhammad al-Baqir pbuh and Imam Ali pbuh knew and talked about it over 1000 years ago.

They had good source material. Such things were talked about by Jewish sages over 2000 years ago. Adam & Eve are regarded as the first humans with souls. The Neanderthal that existed earlier didn't have souls.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
They had good source material. Such things were talked about by Jewish sages over 2000 years ago. Adam & Eve are regarded as the first humans with souls. The Neanderthal that existed earlier didn't have souls.

Why do you (or the Jewish sages) think the Neanderthals didn't have souls?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
2000 years ago? Do you think Jesus told them?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
While evolution is indeed "true", the attempt to find it somehow hidden in the very scriptures that so many pious attempt to brandish in order to prove it "wrong" is revealing.

IMO, what it reveals above all else is the epistemological shallowness (lack of ability or desire to deal seriosly with its certainties) of much of what is considered mainstream religious practice.

A serious practicioner would know better than to fit a square peg in a circle.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I believe in God and evolution, but I believe in survival of the “most suitable”, not necessarily the “fittest”

David T

Premium Member
Abrahamic religions agree that Adam and Eve were the first creations on Earth, but Science today has proven with highest precision that Evolution is truth and a fact, so it is very easy for scientific atheists to disprove the theory, that Adam was the first man on Earth. So we have the very important question which is did religious scholars misinterpret the religious scriptures? Evolution disproves the belief of the Jewish, Christian and Muslim Scholars and their followers that man suddenly appears.

(Muhammad ibn Ali al-Baqir pbuh said: Since the creation of the earth, God Almighty has created seven peoples who are not descendants of Adam. He created them from the soil of the earth and caused them to inhabit it, one after the other, each with his own people. Then, God Almighty created the father of this mankind, and He created his offspring from him." Al Sadooq 1982, 359. Arabic source, translated. Also Al-Ayashi 1991, vol. 2, 238.)

(The Prince of the Believers, Ali pbuh said: "God Almighty wanted to create a creation with His own hands after 7,000 years of Jinn and Nisnas existing on earth. He wanted to create Adam... I want to create a creature with My hands, and I want to make from his offspring prophets, messengers, righteous servants, and guided Imams, and make them vicegerents among My creation on My earth, who command them against disobeying Me, warn them of My torment, guide them to My obedience, and guide them to the path toward Me. I shall make them Proofs of Mine upon the others, and I will exterminate the Nisnas on My earth and cleanse it of them." Al-Qumi 1983, vol 1, 36. Arabic source, translated.)

We understand from the narrations of the household of The Prophet pbuhap about these beings called Nisnas, meaning human like in Arabic. Nowadays we know from Science about Neanderthals and Homo Erectus, and other human like beigns which have been confirmed by the fossil records, which preceded Homo Sapines. Imam Muhammad al-Baqir pbuh and Imam Ali pbuh knew and talked about it over 1000 years ago.
The exact same idiots a long time ago interpreted everything is object void object, suddenly later discovered not object void object. They forgot they were the big dummies that came up with that in the first place. Now a dog is an evolutionist so big deal. Hell the whole entire world before civilization10 15 thousand years ago defaulted to it. All cultures said all alive all family all one one. Simple and difficult. It's like a monty python skit. They say one thing here and later say something else here as they walk down a trail. Stupid. But who really is dumb them or the one who doesn't realize it and just goes oh yea makes sense? Am I smart? Hardly, just aware.