• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Share random interesting facts.

Smoke

Done here.
This thread is for sharing random interesting facts.

I'll start: The human body contains about ten times as many bacteria cells as human cells.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
If you took a piece of the center of the sun the size of a grain of sand, it would incinerate and kill everything within a 100 mile radius.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Coconut water taken from young coconuts is similar to the plasma in human blood and it has actually been substituted for plasma during blood transfusions.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
There are 3 divider lines in a barcode that have no number beneath them.

The dividers are double thin lines.

A double thin line stands for "6"

So, the "missing numbers" are "666"

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Oh, and one more.

People who won a Nobel Prize between 1901 and 1950 lived on average 2 years longer than the nominees who didn't win one.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Music Trivia factoid:

During the final chord of "A day in the life" by the Beatles (which was recorded on four track recorders) one can hear the air conditioning fans creaking in the backgound at Abbey Road Studio. This was true on the vinyl recording, but may well have been eliminated in the CD remastering of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Nanda

Polyanna
I have a fun fact about how drag queens create a "smooth silohuette," but I'm afraid it might offend some people.

blackout

Violet.
it is an interesting fact that I cannot think of a single interesting fact.

no. that was not interesting either.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
A factoid is actually defined as "something which becomes accepted as fact, although it may not be true." :D

Cynic

Female brains are more integrated than male brains, given the fact that they have a bigger corpus collusum. As a consequence, women are more aware of their surroundings and better at multi-tasking, while men have more of a focused, tunnel vision. So if you're wondering why men "don't listen," well now you know...

Cynic

The amount of mucus you swallow each year is equivalent to the volume of a bathtub full of water.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Female brains are more integrated than male brains, given the fact that they have a bigger corpus collusum. As a consequence, women are more aware of their surroundings and better at multi-tasking, while men have more of a focused, tunnel vision. So if you're wondering why men "don't listen," well now you know...
*quickly copies and pastes Cynic's fact to email to husband*