• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex before marriage?????

ecco

Veteran Member
I don't care if you agree with the LDS Church or think we are all whack-jobs.

Just please learn of Christ. Come to know Him. Come to love Him.

He gave up everything for you because he truly knows and loves you.

"He gave up everything"? Really? Depending on your beliefs, Jesus has existed eternally or was created as a result of a pregnancy of a young virgin. He spent 33 years on earth. He had a few moments of pain. He went back up to heaven to join up with his father and the holy ghost.

Now tell me, what did he give up? His earthly existence? Thirty-three years compared to eternity. Really not a big sacrifice. From the standpoint of an eternal tri-god, it's less than a human clipping a toenail.

Do you ever try to think about these things? Really think!

ecco

Veteran Member
Why you call it "weakness"? Feels bad to me (belittling and demeaning). Why not call it healthy sex appetite towards same-sex attraction?
Or you also call it "weakness" towards non-same-sex attraction? Then I understand why you use "weakness"
Please understand; I did not call it a weakness.

Prestor John said,
It would be more accurate to say, "At a minimum, 3% of humans are born with a weakness towards same-sex attraction."​

I corrected him by pointing out that that is not factual, it is what LDS teaches...
However, if you want to say "The LDS teaches that at a minimum, 3% of humans are born with a weakness towards same-sex attraction", that would probably be correct.​

ecco

Veteran Member
I never suggested enforcing abstinence. Moral fiber helps--the kind of fiber built through trusting Jesus Christ.
Considering the relatively high rate of unwanted pregnancy in the Bible Belt, one must, therefore, conclude that very many young people who call themselves Christians do not trust Jesus Christ.

ecco

Veteran Member
For example, there can be more important things to do, like spread the Gospel.
I gave you a "funny".

Then I realized that you were serious.

That is really excellent. All very religious people should avoid having children. No kids to indoctrinate would result in fewer kids growing up to be very religious adults.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Back2Love

Then why is it that the taxi drivers who are Muslim and drive me around are from the Middle east, and now and then bring their wives with them in the car and the wives from the Middle east and still dressed in the head covered and the whole outfit we see on tv quite often?
Let me pre-empt that I have no issue with women being fully covered if thats their choice. But I am pretty sure not every muslim in what country you are in, is covered from head to toe. If its a rare thing to see fully covered women everyday where I am from, it must be even more rare where you are.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Please understand; I did not call it a weakness.

Prestor John said,
It would be more accurate to say, "At a minimum, 3% of humans are born with a weakness towards same-sex attraction."​

I corrected him by pointing out that that is not factual, it is what LDS teaches...
However, if you want to say "The LDS teaches that at a minimum, 3% of humans are born with a weakness towards same-sex attraction", that would probably be correct.​
Thank you for clarifying. I admit that I missed your "creative":cool: way of saying that
But I must have sensed it, because I deliberately NOT put in red your word "weakness"
I added your line, because I liked your reply, even though I missed your creative hint

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What is good about abstinence in a consenting adult relationship? For all we know Jesus might have had an active sex life, gay or straight.

So you are for abstinence for all minors? How old is your age of consent above?

Jesus was demonstrably abstinent--since He's engaged to the church and didn't cheat on we in the church--but what does Jesus's sex life have to do with whether abstinence is effective? Is your claim that abstinence is less than effective against STDs and unplanned pregnancy?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So where does the idea of abstinence come from? It has to be learned somewhere, it is not a natural counter to hormones.

Successful in what? promoting sexual frustration, ruining lives, population decline?

Where does rape come from? Is it a natural urge, do you think? Is paedophilia a natural urge?

Would it simplify these things for you to label abstinence as willed good and rape and paedophilia as evil?

Abstinence is a health choice. Does sexual frustration affect health and "ruin lives" as you put it? Is it an excuse for a man to force sex on a woman or vice versa because he's/she's "frustrated"?

If you are concerned with population decline, does that mean you've moved from pro choice to pro life?

Thanks.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Considering the relatively high rate of unwanted pregnancy in the Bible Belt, one must, therefore, conclude that very many young people who call themselves Christians do not trust Jesus Christ.

I agree with you. I'm grateful that neither of us will invoke an NTS fallacy in doing so. :)

JJ50

Where does rape come from? Is it a natural urge, do you think? Is paedophilia a natural urge?

Would it simplify these things for you to label abstinence as willed good and rape and paedophilia as evil?

Abstinence is a health choice. Does sexual frustration affect health and "ruin lives" as you put it? Is it an excuse for a man to force sex on a woman or vice versa because he's/she's "frustrated"?

If you are concerned with population decline, does that mean you've moved from pro choice to pro life?

Thanks.

Rape and paedophilia are WRONG, homosexuality is as normal as being left handed, which some thought was wrong too.

ecco

Veteran Member
So do you think there will be sex in hell? There might be thinking about it but there won’t be any doing it.

So, in addition to everything else, you also have intimate knowledge of Hell. How do you do it?
I do a lot of reading, and I do not mean Baha'i Writings.

The Afterlife Revealed
Private Dowding
Heaven and Hell

Which of those categorically stated that there is no sex in Hell?
How do the authors know this?

I just took a quick look at The Afterlife Revealed. The author previously wrote a book showing why he believed that psychic mediums were really able to communicate with the dead.

Is that part of your belief system?
Is that how you know there is no sex in Hell?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Thanks.

As expected, straw man after straw man. Why do you associate rape and paedophilia with sex, never mind pre marital sex.

No abstinence is far from a health choice, do you want me to list the health benefits of sex? Which far outweigh personal choice.

Sexual frustration arises when one isn't satisfied with their level of sexual activity, it can lead to anxiety, emotional distress, insomnia and low self esteem.

Nope, not moved anywhere and once again, an irrelevant straw man

ecco

Veteran Member
Rape and paedophilia are WRONG, homosexuality is as normal as being left handed, which some thought was wrong too.
Past tense?

https://www.quora.com/According-to-...so-why-did-Allah-make-some-people-left-handed
Kassim Baba, I've been a Muslim all my life
Answered Jun 29, 2018 · Author has 211 answers and 69k answer views

According to a Hadith, we must eat not eat with our left hand because Satan eats his left hand:

Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

Now, please don’t take this to mean people who eat or drink with their left hand is evil. No, that’s not what it means at all. If you read that Hadith and come to the conclusion that left-handed people are evil, then you need a lesson in logic.

The reason the prophet forbids us to eat with our left hand is not because eating with our left hand makes us evil like Satan. Rather, the reason is simply to offend Satan.
Sick, sick, sick.

Even sicker and more current...

STOP being Left-handed!!! - The Landover Baptist Church Forum
God knows there are plenty of good reasons for ending up in hell, so why challenge fate just because you want to feel like something special?
Approximately 10 percent of the world population today is running around and telling others that they are left-handers - this is not a particularly clever move. The Bible contains several examples that God undoubtedly prefer right-handed people. In fact there is much evidence that left-handers will burn in hell for all eternity.
Maybe some of you think that it is a coincident if you're left- or right-handed - nothing is more wrong than such an assumption.
Let us look at a few examples of the type of people who have chosen to use Satan's hand (left hand) as their primary hand, instead of the right, which according to the Bible is God’s favorite hand:

obama+left+hand+salute.jpg

Barack Hussein Obama and his slutty wife Michelle, mocking the Stars & Stribes and GOD by using the devillish left hand instead of the right.​

JJ50

Past tense?

https://www.quora.com/According-to-...so-why-did-Allah-make-some-people-left-handed
Kassim Baba, I've been a Muslim all my life
Answered Jun 29, 2018 · Author has 211 answers and 69k answer views

According to a Hadith, we must eat not eat with our left hand because Satan eats his left hand:

Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

Now, please don’t take this to mean people who eat or drink with their left hand is evil. No, that’s not what it means at all. If you read that Hadith and come to the conclusion that left-handed people are evil, then you need a lesson in logic.

The reason the prophet forbids us to eat with our left hand is not because eating with our left hand makes us evil like Satan. Rather, the reason is simply to offend Satan.
Sick, sick, sick.

Even sicker and more current...

STOP being Left-handed!!! - The Landover Baptist Church Forum
God knows there are plenty of good reasons for ending up in hell, so why challenge fate just because you want to feel like something special?
Approximately 10 percent of the world population today is running around and telling others that they are left-handers - this is not a particularly clever move. The Bible contains several examples that God undoubtedly prefer right-handed people. In fact there is much evidence that left-handers will burn in hell for all eternity.
Maybe some of you think that it is a coincident if you're left- or right-handed - nothing is more wrong than such an assumption.
Let us look at a few examples of the type of people who have chosen to use Satan's hand (left hand) as their primary hand, instead of the right, which according to the Bible is God’s favorite hand:

obama+left+hand+salute.jpg

Barack Hussein Obama and his slutty wife Michelle, mocking the Stars & Stribes and GOD by using the devillish left hand instead of the right.​

Obama was the best president the US has ever had, far better than the dangerous clown who is now in charge.