• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex before marriage?????

Riders

So different churches and different religions do different things.

However , the Evangelical conservative Christian church many not all have a certain values before marriage rules. I am not picking on Christianity, there are probably other religions who have stricter rules.So if anyone from other religions have certain view points don't be afraid to share them.

It was popular to have Christian parents for while back to pick out the spouse for their child. Also many only date someone if they are going to marry them. Dating around is not accepted.

Many many Christians do not believe ins ex before marriage , and someone do not even believe in touching before marriage!

Christians say statistics prove the loner you wait on sex the better your sex life will be, this maybe true statistics I don't know.

I will say this for me, noway am I getting involved with a man who does not want to touch me before marriage nope!I think having sex before marriage is a good thing for me. I am not waiting and I want to be able to trust my spouse that we are right for each other in bed as well as out.

So whats you belief set on sex before marriage and also how you date? By dating I mean, is dating around ok? Do you select your child's spouse? Do you just date to marry only? If you don't have sex before marriage are you aloud to hold hands hug kiss that type of thing? What about oral sex or 3rd base?

Spartan

However , the Evangelical conservative Christian church many not all have a certain values before marriage rules. I am not picking on Christianity, there are probably other religions who have stricter rules.So if anyone from other religions have certain view points don't be afraid to share them.

It was popular to have Christian parents for while back to pick out the spouse for their child. Also many only date someone if they are going to marry them. Dating around is not accepted.

Many many Christians do not believe ins ex before marriage , and someone do not even believe in touching before marriage!

Christians say statistics prove the loner you wait on sex the better your sex life will be, this maybe true statistics I don't know.

I will say this for me, noway am I getting involved with a man who does not want to touch me before marriage nope!I think having sex before marriage is a good thing for me. I am not waiting and I want to be able to trust my spouse that we are right for each other in bed as well as out.

So whats you belief set on sex before marriage and also how you date? By dating I mean, is dating around ok? Do you select your child's spouse? Do you just date to marry only? If you don't have sex before marriage are you aloud to hold hands hug kiss that type of thing? What about oral sex or 3rd base?

No unrepentant fornicators will enter into heaven (1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Revelation 21:8, etc.).

Back2Love

In Islam any kind of sexual contact is not permitted before marriage. But there are degrees of 'sexual contact'. Actual sex is only considered at the point of penetration, and considered more of a serious sin if done before marriage, than other forms of sexual contact (as far as I am aware).

Its difficult but it is what it is. I know guys who stayed virgins (or claim to have remained virgins) well into their 30s and even 40s.

SA Huguenot

In the Biblical Law (Torah), sex is not permitted before marrage.

However, if a boyfriend and Girlfriend were to engage in sex before marrage, and caugt, the only sanction against them will be that they must get married.
In this case, a man will never be allowed to divorce the women, and he will have to support her for the rest of his life. Unlike a man who waited untill marrage to engage in sex. he will have the right to divorce later in life with obvious reason such as her cheating etc.

There are laws on Adultery which is totally different from the above.
These two people must be engaged to each other. If one was engaged to someone else, that person will be guilty of Adultery.
If the girl claimed the person raped the her, and she cried out, He will be guilty of adultery, and she is inocent.
If she did not cry out for help, she is also guilty.

If any married or betrothed person has sex with someone else, and both consent, both are guilty.

The sanction for adultery is death.

The above law is logical, and fair considering the day and age.

In Islam, If a girl only dates a non Muslim, she will be killed to protect the honnor of her family.
If she gets raped, and gets pregnant, she will be killed because she was out of sight of her Father, Brother, or uncle.
No further comment on Sharia Law.

So, what you say is you want to test the man in sex to find out if he is a good man.
Wow!
You do set very low standards to obtain a husband dont you.
You are collecting sex lust low life **** makers, and want to choose the best out of the worst.
I dont say you should not have sex before marrage, but I chose my wife not because of sex, but because she was a very conservative, kind, lovely, softhearted, hard working woman, and she gave me the best children and grand children anyone can hope for.
This is why I never bothered to cheat on her, and we are married for 35 years already.
Now I wanted to divorce her about 3 times, and I am sure she wanted to put poison in my coffy many times :):):D;) (Not realy)
But, I chose my wife with her clothing on, and she is still the most beautifull women I know.
I feel sick everytime a **** tries to get my attention.

However, it is your choice to live the way you want too.
Just remember, all the tears and pain one day will be because of the Choice you made now.
Greetings in the Name of Jesus Christ.
The one who loves us the most.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm going to end up at the wrong of God on a lot of things when I die. One of those things is that I'll be having sex before marriage.

Back2Love

In Islam, If a girl only dates a non Muslim, she will be killed to protect the honor of her family.
If she gets raped, and gets pregnant, she will be killed because she was out of sight of her Father, Brother, or uncle.

Where did you get this ruling from? Because this is absolute nonsense. No where in Sharia does it say any of this.

JJ50

You are silly if you don't have sex before you tie the knot or live with your partner for a while beforehand. Sex is an important part of a relationship and you need to see if you are suited.

Wasp

laimed the person raped the her, and she cried out, He will be guilty of adultery, and she is inocent.
If she did not cry out for help, she is also guilty
It's a strange rule if taken literally because most rapes happen in such a way that there is no "crying out for help". Does that mean there's actually very few rapes happening in the world?

Wasp

Sex before marriage in Islam is definitely not allowed.

In some countries there's a lot of arranged marriages where the husband and wife don't even speak before marriage except for maybe about 30 seconds in private. If the woman wears a niqab she doesn't take it off in front of him before they're married etc. So there's absolutely nothing. Touching is prohibited.

But this way the marriage would have to be arranged. Not all Muslims have an arranged marriage so they look for a spouse the same way westerners do, but if they follow the Islamic law as best they can they refrain from all sexual and intimate relations; when meeting a possible future spouse they meet in public, and discuss in a civilised manner to see if they are fit for each other.

JJ50

Sex before marriage in Islam is definitely not allowed.

In some countries there's a lot of arranged marriages where the husband and wife don't even speak before marriage except for maybe about 30 seconds in private. If the woman wears a niqab she doesn't take it off in front of him before they're married etc. So there's absolutely nothing. Touching is prohibited.

But this way the marriage would have to be arranged. Not all Muslims have an arranged marriage so they look for a spouse the same way westerners do, but if they follow the Islamic law as best they can they refrain from all sexual and intimate relations; when meeting a possible future spouse they meet in public, and discuss in a civilised manner to see if they are fit for each other.

How ghastly and unnatural!:mad:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We have as problem with sex before marriage. It was OK at the time when people were married at an early age (my grandfather was 14 and grandmother 7 at the time of their marriage. Of course, the consummation, Gauna - the girl going to the husbands place, happened many years later). But now Now people complete their education and take time to get settled in their jobs before they get married. I do not know how this problem can be solved. My grand daughter is 23 now, completing her professional course. :)

JJ50

We have as problem with sex before marriage. It was OK at the time when people were married at an early age (my grandfather was 14 and grandmother 7 at the time of their marriage. Of course, the consummation, Gauna - the girl going to the husbands place, happened many years later). But now Now people complete their education and take time to get settled in their jobs before they get married. I do not know how this problem can be solved. My grand daughter is 23 now, completing her professional course. :)

That is terrible!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SA Huguenot

In Islam, If a girl only dates a non Muslim, she will be killed to protect the honor of her family.

Where did you get this ruling from? Because this is absolute nonsense. No where in Sharia does it say any of this.
Realy?
So what is the punnishment for a Girl who has sex with another man if not married?
Then what does shariah law say if a women walks around without her father, uncle or brother?
What does shariah say if a women is not veiled?
is she a whore or not?
This is Shariah, and if you dont know, dont try to deceive me.
Look at how the fruits of Islam is killing off women for silly stuff such as even talking to a man the family dont like.
Open your eyes!
Honor killing - Wikipedia

SA Huguenot

You are silly if you don't have sex before you tie the knot or live with your partner for a while beforehand. Sex is an important part of a relationship and you need to see if you are suited.
In my case not.
It turned out to be wise

SA Huguenot

It's a strange rule if taken literally because most rapes happen in such a way that there is no "crying out for help". Does that mean there's actually very few rapes happening in the world?
Remember that the law also provide that if the woman was raped where no one could hear her calling for help, she was also innocent.

Neutral Name

I can see that in two ways. I have knew of a woman who told her daughter don't marry a man unless you have slept with him first so that you know how he is in bed. On the other hand, if a man respects a woman, he will marry her and even wait for sex until he has married her. So, I am very ambiguous on this. None of this is my spiritual beliefs. It is more philosophical.