• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex before marriage?????

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I believe the law is open to change and believe it or not physicians know where babies come from.

Yes the law is open to change, but we are not clairvoyant, we can only go by the law as it stands

Oh that is a profound statement, are you saying the days of the stork are gone?
c7cd22c51660c1af52b090a5edfa058c.jpg

Muffled

Jesus in me
You believe God killed so many children because people messed up morally. Interesting.

Let's see about the morals of your God.

• He is omniscient.
  • He is impotent.
  • He created Adam & Eve. Full-grown. With the capability of speech. With a God-given set of morals.
  • God tempted them, knowing that they would succumb to the temptation because of the moral standards He instilled into them.
  • He then, deceitfully, blamed them for succumbing to temptation.
  • Years later he continued to find fault with them and horrifically drowned almost all men and women.
  • He also drowned all children and all pregnant women thereby snuffing out the potential lives of all their fetuses.
  • Just to put a little icing on the cake He also horrifically drowned all but two of all animal kinds.

Your God is the epitome of immorality.

I believe that is supposed to be omnipotent.

I believe that is a confused statement but it was the serpent that tempted Eve. The morals were not instilled. They simply did not have the knowledge of evil.

I believe that is false, He did not deceive in blaming them.

I believe that is justifiably so in order to remove evil.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I believe that is a confused statement but it was the serpent that tempted Eve. The morals were not instilled. They simply did not have the knowledge of evil.

Who created the serpent, are you saying omniscience has limitations?

Didn't work, another failure of omniscience

ecco

Veteran Member
I cannot lose because Baha’u’llah was a Manifestation of God.
None of those other so-called religions had one so they lose.
David Koresh was another Manifestation of God. Do you have evidence to the contrary?.

Sun Myung Moon, a messiah claimant, founded the Unification Church. Do you have evidence he was not a Messiah?

ecco

Veteran Member
I do not know why you are still complaining. I posted two links to my forum yesterday:
#351Trailblazer, Yesterday at 2:26 PM

Here they are again:
The Spiritual Horizon
Delphi Forums Login

Don’t believe me. Go there and ask them yourself what they believe in.
Let's remember the context of the conversation. You were going to show that some of your atheist friends would like to believe in god. You were going to show that one of your atheist friends probably believes in god. Do you expect me to search your forum for the evidence you are supposed to be able to present?

ecco

Veteran Member
So you affirm that sexual practice is healthier than abstinence? Where do you draw the line, do you f$%^ on the first date, the second? Wait for love? You practice NO abstinence personally speaking?
My personal experiences are none of your business.

But in a nutshell...
We have your version: Born - abstain from sex - die.
Rational version: Born - have sex - die.

The only people I can think of who would follow your version are castrated males. Perhaps that may explain why you oppose sex.

ecco

Veteran Member

Indeed "impotent" was a typo. Perhaps a Freudian slip referring to a god who certainly seems to be more impotent than omnipotent.

ecco previously:
  • God tempted them, knowing that they would succumb to the temptation because of the moral standards He instilled into them.

Whence cometh the serpent? Whence cometh the Tree? Are they not the result of the edesires of an omnipotent God? Without the Tree, the serpent had nothing to tempt them with. So, clearly the whole Tree incident was part of a setup. You said the morals were not instilled. That is exactly my point. God, the father, instilled a poor sense of morals into His children. That was intentional. He did it so that they would fail. He knew they would fail because he is omniscient.

ecco previously:
  • He then, deceitfully, blamed them for succumbing to temptation.

Sure He did. He blamed them when it was all prt of His plan.

16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.​

ecco previously:
  • Years later he continued to find fault with them and horrifically drowned almost all men and women.
  • He also drowned all children and all pregnant women thereby snuffing out the potential lives of all their fetuses.
  • Just to put a little icing on the cake He also horrifically drowned all but two of all animal kinds.

All those deaths and, once again, He failed. Evil is not removed.

Omnipotent or impotent?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
David Koresh was another Manifestation of God. Do you have evidence to the contrary?.

Sun Myung Moon, a messiah claimant, founded the Unification Church. Do you have evidence he was not a Messiah?
I do not have to have evidence to disprove who they were. They need to provide evidence to prove who they were.

There is no evidence that shows that they were anything but false messengers and con-men.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Let's remember the context of the conversation. You were going to show that some of your atheist friends would like to believe in god. You were going to show that one of your atheist friends probably believes in god. Do you expect me to search your forum for the evidence you are supposed to be able to present?
I am not obligated to present anything. If you want to know what my former atheist now believer friends believe, go and ask them.

ecco

Veteran Member
I do not have to have evidence to disprove who they were. They need to provide evidence to prove who they were.

The evidence that Bahais have trotted out to prove that Ballulah is a Messenger of God is not at all convincing. I've gone over this in the past. The only ones who are swayed by it are other Bahais and a few people desperately looking for something, anything, to believe in. Of course, those kinds of people also accept the proofs of Scientology.
There is no evidence that shows that they were anything but false messengers and con-men.

RE: Ballulah: There is no evidence that shows that he was anything but a false messenger and con-man.

ecco

Veteran Member
I am not obligated to present anything.
Of course, you are not obligated to present anything.

Of course, it is acceptable for you to make outlandish assertations and then walk away.

It is a forum, not a court proceeding.

You have made many assertations that you cannot support. It's OK.

But, rest assured, that when you make outlandish claims and assertation, I will be there to call you out. I'll also point to other times you took that same tactic, as you did in this conversation.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The evidence that Bahais have trotted out to prove that Ballulah is a Messenger of God is not at all convincing. I've gone over this in the past. The only ones who are swayed by it are other Bahais and a few people desperately looking for something, anything, to believe in. Of course, those kinds of people also accept the proofs of Scientology.
It is the fallacy of jumping to conclusions to say that Baha'is were a few people desperately looking for something, anything, to believe in. I know for a fact that many Baha'is were not looking for anything because they were already believers before they became Baha'is and I was not looking for anything at all. I could not have cared less if God existed or sent a Messenger back when I became a Baha'i,
RE: Ballulah: There is no evidence that shows that he was anything but a false messenger and con-man.
Prove it. Then I will stop believing. What did He get from His con, 40 years in prison and exile with various attempts on His life?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Of course, you are not obligated to present anything.

Of course, it is acceptable for you to make outlandish assertations and then walk away.

It is a forum, not a court proceeding.

You have made many assertations that you cannot support. It's OK.

But, rest assured, that when you make outlandish claims and assertation, I will be there to call you out. I'll also point to other times you took that same tactic, as you did in this conversation.
All I said is that a few of my atheist friends now believe that there is probably a God.
Big deal. there is nothing outlandish about that.
It is not an assertion, it is an observation.

I am not going to speak about their experience in their absence. If you want to know what their experience was you will have to go to my forum and talk to them. I could even be remembering it wrong, but the only way you can know is to ask them, if it matters that much to you.

You cannot hook me because I have no need to be right about anything, let alone everything. Only God is right about everything. If someone proves me wrong I am more than happy to admit I was wrong.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
My personal experiences are none of your business.

But in a nutshell...
We have your version: Born - abstain from sex - die.
Rational version: Born - have sex - die.

The only people I can think of who would follow your version are castrated males. Perhaps that may explain why you oppose sex.

You're not following, your personal experiences including sex and abstinence. Which one was dangerous to you?