• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senator Rand Paul Sues Obama Administration

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a start. :yes:
Now add Bush and his cabinet to the list of defendants for illegal wire tapping and I'll be happy.
It isn't about punishment for crimes.
Tis about stopping illegal curbing of civil liberties.
So prior presidents & minions are off the hook.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
If the country cannot get behind something as basic as this, we are all doomed as citizens. If Hillary filed this suit, everyone here on this forum would falling all over each other to agree.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If the country cannot get behind something as basic as this, we are all doomed as citizens. If Hillary filed this suit, everyone here on this forum would falling all over each other to agree.
Hmm....that poses a conundrum.
Would Hillary be a racist for suing Obama, or would Obama be sexist to oppose Hillary?
The answer: It's Bush's fault.

Just having fun here!

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
"This is a constitutional challenge primarily," Cuccinelli told The Associated Press. "We're not debating national security policy."

I'm for it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Hmm....that poses a conundrum.
Would Hillary be a racist for suing Obama, or would Obama be sexist to oppose Hillary?
The answer: It's Bush's fault.

Just having fun here!

Nah, the basic intent is fine.

I just won't trust Rand Paul to be honest while dealing with it. Fool me once...

And of course, I never, ever, trust any kind of law or suit to actually make society better.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Nah, the basic intent is fine.

I just won't trust Rand Paul to be honest while dealing with it. Fool me once...

And of course, I never, ever, trust any kind of law or suit to actually make society better.

So you would not urinate on Senator Paul if he was on fire? You might as well warm up to him Luis, he is going to be our next President.

Before you cry the sky is falling, think about it, Senator Paul would reduce military spending as well as alot of budget busting items. He would castrate the NSA and get the economy going once again.

Dr. Paul would be good for this country and might just surprise you how many things he stands for you agree with.

Where are all the people who balked when the government got shut down? The Republicans just raised the debt ceiling this time around.

No praise for doing anything you like because that would go against the demonization campaign right?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
No one is trying to punish Obama, we just want him to stop. Which side are you all on? Please tell me you are not fine with what the NSA does.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Who here is defending Obama or the NSA? Also, I find your statement rather ironic considering that you supported Bush while he was wiping his *** with the constitution.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Who here is defending Obama or the NSA? Also, I find your statement rather ironic considering that you supported Bush while he was wiping his *** with the constitution.
I used to be against same sex marriage as was Obama, we both evolved. I am retired and growing old FH. Heaven forbid I might move to the center in my advanced age.

7 years ago, Sunstone called me a neo-con. :yes:

Alceste

Vagabond
If you think about this, it should not be a partisian issue.

It is a non-partisan issue. Progressives have been screaming about warentless government intrusion since well before Obama even took on the project and expanded it, and it is one of the most significant factors that made them aware they'd just voted for more of the same Big Brother crap they had under Bush.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think Bush has stopped doing it though.

The point is that it reveals those who condemned it when Obama did it, yet condoned it when Bush did it, to be hypocrites who place partisanship before principles.

For the record, I've always denounced the government when it has trampled our rights and freedoms, regardless of which party was/is in power.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
It is a non-partisan issue. Progressives have been screaming about warentless government intrusion since well before Obama even took on the project and expanded it, and it is one of the most significant factors that made them aware they'd just voted for more of the same Big Brother crap they had under Bush.
And Hillary will be different how?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The point is that it reveals those who condemned it when Obama did it, yet condoned it when Bush did it, to be hypocrites who place partisanship before principles.
For the record, I've always denounced the government when it tramples our rights and freedoms, regardless of which party is in power.
Sounds fine to me!
I wasn't here when Dubya was prez, so I'm focused solely on stopping the guy who is trampling them now.
(But on my old forum & IRL, I trashed Bush as a tax & spend big gov leftie. That raised some eyebrows!)

Last edited: