• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Searching for truth

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The bible is the only hope this world has. The problem is many oraganized religious groups, just want your money and they have to teach things that arent contrary to what the bible teaches. I'm not sure if any place exist , just very curious.
I have a very good friend from JW. We had many chats.

I can only offer that it is the 'Word of God' that I see you are searching for.

It maybe that that 'Word' as shown in A Book called the Bible, may very well expand beyond what is recorded in those compilation of scrolls.

Regards Tony

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
I just dissasociated as a Jehovahs witness. The organization has a problem with CSA and the watchtower has many false teachings. So I left.

Wow, OK. Thank you for letting me know. I had not heard that before.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'm looking for a religion that teaches only from the bible. If anyone knows of anything, it would be much appreciated.
My recommendation is to go church hopping as there's so many denominations to choose from.

By chance, do you have any Mennonite congregations in your area? Society of Friends? Are you more looking for "peace churches" or not? When it comes to scripture, are you a "literalist"?

I am a "reborn" and a very theologically liberal Catholic, which is not what you're probably looking for.

Last edited:

Orbit

I'm a planet
I'm looking for a religion that teaches only from the bible. If anyone knows of anything, it would be much appreciated.

Are you looking for a church for community, or are you more looking for truth as in knowledge? I ask because different people want different things in religion. I understand why you left the JWs, as their interpretation of scripture can be rather idiosyncratic, and their emphasis on proselytizing is a turn-off to some.

There are many fundamentalist churches out there that declare themselves to be Bible-based. Is that what you are looking for? But there are also mainstream denominations that are of course also based on the Bible, though not perhaps taking every word literally -- my background is from one of those (Presbyterian), though I am a former member. I'd be happy to try to help if you can give a little more info on your perspective on religion, the Bible, and churches.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The bible is the only hope this world has. The problem is many oraganized religious groups, just want your money and they have to teach things that arent contrary to what the bible teaches. I'm not sure if any place exist , just very curious.
I don't need the Bible. Not at all.

But if you feel you need it for hope or whatever , I wish you the best.

Welcome BTW. :0)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe all fundamentalist churches believe that is what they are doing. Which of course is why they are all calling each other heretics and deceived and lost and teachers of false doctrines, apostate churches, and the like, because they all interpret the Bible differently from each other, yet they are all claiming to be teaching only the Bible. It's very confusing to them how others can read it differently than they do.

I'm not exactly sure your going to find the "pure" Bible anywhere, as all humans have to read it and interpret it. I think maybe what you're looking for is something that fits better with how you believe, with how you interpret the Bible. So I'd start there. What is it you believe the Bible is about? Loving others, or criticizing them for believing wrong? And so forth? What values do you hold to? Which churches align better with your outlooks?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Well a lot of Protestant denominations are sola scriptura, but it’s quite hard to avoid drawing conclusions from what one reads, which involves interpretation and thence doctrine. I find it hard to see how that can be helped.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Hello, and welcome to RF. My suggestion to you is to join the Abrahamic Religion DIR (located here), which gives you access to the Christianity DIR. I think you could find the answer to your question if you posted it there. Access to the DIR forum can be found in your account details (see here).

Again, welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Peace.
Sgt. Pepper

iu

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I was looking for the same, over 40 years ago. I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses now.

At Luke 10:21, Jesus said it was His Father who provided understanding of Scripture. (His Father is Yahweh in Hebrew, Jehovah in English.) We follow Jesus….He payed to, and worshipped his Father (John 4:23,24; John 171-3).

Have a good day!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
They'll find what they are looking for.
What's CSA?
I know only “Confederate States of America.” (They’re defunct, now) lol.

I found “Climate-Smart Agriculture.”

Idk.

I just now read some of
courageousignition’s previous posts

“Disassociated”, eh?
He knows where to go.
Hope he comes back.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member

Although I am not an expert on this, I would say just be a disciple of Jesus. He is the one who a gospel says has the words of life. You’ll find your religion in his teachings, not in some denomination founded apart from him.

They'll find what they are looking for.
What's CSA?

I think CSA stands for something where the third word is abuse.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think CSA stands for something where the third word is abuse.
Ah, thanks. That makes sense. Child sexual abuse. CSA. Yes, the JWs have had some troubles with that and cover ups, from what I recall. There was a documentary on that I watched not too long ago:

The Witnesses "After receiving leaked documents Reporter Trey Bundy sets out to expose a cover up of child sexual abuse among the Jehovah’s Witnesses."

Last edited: