• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripturally, Do believers go to heaven?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
wmam said:
By what you are saying here is something that the Scripture plainly states isn't possible........

Joh 10:35 “If He called them elohim, to whom the word of Elohim came – and it is impossible for the Scripture to be broken –

For what you say to be true the Scripture would have to be broken and I for one will not believe that.
I think I am agreeing with Jeffrey....are you on this forum just for flaming?

The part above I included in the quote....I am not understanding your meaning. Could you explain further?

wmam

jeffrey said:
Actually, I'm thinking back at some of... well most of your posts.... But I guess when you have very limited arguement for anything, the best you can do is mock others. Most of the people in this forum can see this about your posts. funny, no. Sad, yes.
And most of what I see from your limited abilities with those you choose not to either like or those you disagree with is your attacking them for no apparent reason other than your small attempt to look big or bigger some how than those you attack. Just goes to show to me you total immaturity and childish behavior. And hey.......... its funny to me and that is all that matters for what you think is of no concern to me at all. But hey......... to each there own right? :biglaugh:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
why are you so certain you will be in Heaven? Why are you so certain that accepting christ is the one criterium to get into heaven? ONce again, I find myself wondering what scripture you back this up with.
Here's one:
"He has done this through the death on the cross of His own human body, and now as a result Christ has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are standing before Him with nothing left against you--nothing left that He could even chide you for" (Col 1:22

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
This is what my Catholic bible says about 2nd Corinthians 12:1-4 ...The 3rd heaven...Paradise: ancient cosmologies depicted a multitiered universe. Jewish intertestamental literature contains much speculation about the number of heavens. Seven is the number usually mentioned, but the testament of Levi speaks of 3; God himself dwelt in the 3rd of these.. continued...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Without giving us any clear picture of the cosmos, Paul indicates a mental journey to a nonearthly space, set apart from God, in which secrets were revealed to him.

wmam

Buttercup said:
I think I am agreeing with Jeffrey....are you on this forum just for flaming?
Funny you should ask........ If one deserves it then yes, if not then I can be a gentleman with the best of them other wise I can play the part and if need be walk the walk. Little jeffery needs to learn that.

Buttercup said:
The part above I included in the quote....I am not understanding your meaning. Could you explain further?
It isn't my meaning. It is YAH's meaning. His word cannot be broken and what you are implying is that it is. I refuse to agree with you on this.

Aqualung

Tasty
Mister_T said:
Here's one:
"He has done this through the death on the cross of His own human body, and now as a result Christ has brought you into the very presence of God, and you are standing before Him with nothing left against you--nothing left that He could even chide you for" (Col 1:22
Hmmm, yes. Good job. Now, could you find one that actually answers the questions? Or perhaps provide an explanation of how this does this, since I find not mention of belief being the one criterium.

Jeffrey said:
This is what my Catholic bible says about 2nd Corinthians 12:1-4 ...The 3rd heaven...Paradise: ancient cosmologies depicted a multitiered universe. Jewish intertestamental literature contains much speculation about the number of heavens. Seven is the number usually mentioned, but the testament of Levi speaks of 3; God himself dwelt in the 3rd of these.. continued...
That seems pretty clear that there are 3 heavens, then. Levi and Paul both speak of these, and God dwells in the third. After time, though, it seems these were corrupted to where people thought there was only heaven and hell.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
wmam said:
And most of what I see from your limited abilities with those you choose not to either like or those you disagree with is your attacking them for no apparent reason other than your small attempt to look big or bigger some how than those you attack. Just goes to show to me you total immaturity and childish behavior. And its funny to me and that is all that matters for what you think is of no concern to me at all.
You just described yourself to a tee.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
wmam said:
Funny you should ask........ If one deserves it then yes, if not then I can be a gentleman with the best of them other wise I can play the part and if need be walk the walk. Little jeffery needs to learn that.

It isn't my meaning. It is YAH's meaning. His word cannot be broken and what you are implying is that it is. I refuse to agree with you on this.
Little advise for you. When your IQ hits 50.... sell. :biglaugh:

wmam

jeffrey said:
You just described yourself to a tee.
LOLOLOL.............. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Lack of any good comeback is reverse reflection as you have just shown. LOL......... What a goof ball.

Aqualung

Tasty
Seriously, Jeffrey, and to an extent wmam. Could we get back on topic? If you're going to be attacking each other, at least put something relevant at the end of the attack.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
wmam said:
But I am not understanding what you mean by broken and such....I gave scripture as to why I think there is one heaven. So how does this relate to Yah's meaning and implying that I am breaking something? I'm confused.

wmam

Aqualung said:
Seriously, Jeffrey, and to an extent wmam. Could we get back on topic? If you're going to be attacking each other, at least put something relevant at the end of the attack.
Sorry Aqua... just taking out the trash. :D

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
wboy said:
LOLOLOL.............. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Lack of any good comeback is reverse reflection as you have just shown. LOL......... What a goof ball.
I do feel sorry for you.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Aqualung said:
Hmmm, yes. Good job. Now, could you find one that actually answers the questions? Or perhaps provide an explanation of how this does this, since I find not mention of belief being the one criterium

This was the question: why are you so certain you will be in Heaven? Why are you so certain that accepting christ is the one criterium to get into heaven? ONce again, I find myself wondering what scripture you back this up with. Perhaps you would be so kind as to share that with me?

Um, I did answer your question. Maybe you just didn't like the answer or maybe we're not clear on what you're trying to get at. That passage seems pretty self explanatory to me. Jesus' crucifixion bridged the gap (which is sin) between us and God: "He has done this through the death on the cross of His own human body, and now as a result Christ has brought you into the very presence of God" Because of this we are now "right" with him. We are held guiltless: "And you are standing before Him with nothing left against you--nothing left that He could even chide you for" (Col 1:22

If you are in dissagreement with my interpretation of this passage, perhaps you would be so kind as to give me yours? I would like to know what you think this means.

wmam

You said.................

Buttercup said:
The talk of one heaven is in the Bible a multitude more times than the one reference in 1 Corinthians to the third heaven. I say you go with the preponderence of evidence. Heaven in the singular is mentioned much, much more often in the bible.
I can only assume by such a statement that you are expressing that since, as you say, the word "heaven" happens more in the Scripture than 2Co 12:2 you are in turn implying that 2Co 12:2 is in error or broken. If so then I have said and say again that I will not and cannot agree with this. Just because something is only mentioned once in the Scripture doesn't take away from, or add to, the correctness or meaning. It is as it is. And you still have shown proof other than numbers of other verses that have a word in it. Which in no way disputes the validity of the one.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Ok, so let's say there are three heavens for arguments sake. Where in scripture does it say you go to heaven one for this reason, heaven two for that reason, and heaven three for another reason?

If there are three heavens, where do you get the information about who goes where?