• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientology

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!
The Scientology religion is about the individual man or woman. Its goal is to bring an individual to a sufficient understanding of himself and his life and free him to make improvements where he finds them necessary and in the ways he sees fit.
Scientology is a workable system. Evidence may be seen in the lives of millions of Scientologists and the positive effect they create. People improve their lives through Scientology principles. As Scientologists in all walks of life will attest, they have enjoyed greatest success in their relationships, family life, jobs and professions. This web site contains some of these successes.

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!
What does the Church have to say about the many celebrities who are Scientologists?
An individual’s religion is a private matter and it is not the Church’s duty or desire to publicly discuss the religious choices of any individual Scientologist. Obviously many Scientology celebrities have been outspoken in their support of the Church. But that is exclusively their own choice.
The fact is, people from all walks of life receive Scientology services and many artists and professionals are attracted by what Scientology has to offer. Artists are respected because they have an important role in society. As public figures and role models, they help set social and moral standards. Good or bad, what an artist does in life is often widely reported by media. Celebrities who are Scientologists live happy, successful and moral lives, which set a positive example for the rest of the world. In addition, their support for social betterment activities, which seek to improve society, is of great value.

kadzbiz

Very interesting post here adthelad and I thank you for providing the opportunity for people to ask questions of you. I must say though (because I am a true seeker of what is the true reality) that one shouldn't get on one's back foot when questions become too confronting. And didn't I read somewhere that Scientology followers were not allowed to talk about Scientology because the purity of its teachings is lost? I'm glad you're posting this, I just wondered if you're okay to do it.

......the aims of Scientology - to rid insanity, crime etc from the planet and agreed with them........

Insanity isn't a choice surely, so how do you rid the planet of it?

adthelad

kadzbiz,

You can bet that anything strange you've heard about Scientology is either a distortion of the truth (or a downright lie). The techniques to mental wellbeing and spiritual advancement exist in Scientology. In Scientology it is frowned upon telling people exactly how these techniques work because that way you have filtered what L Ron Hubbard wrote through your understanding, which may not be a 100% understanding, and you almost certainly won't explain something as well as the person who discovered the technique. So when someone has a question about a procedure the correct thing to do is to point them to the book or Policy Letter where L Ron Hubbard wrote about it. That way everyone gets their information directly from the source. It's wise to get your information from the source in any body of knowledge.

Insanity isn't a choice surely, so how do you rid the planet of it?

Right. Insanity is not a choice. You rid the planet of insanity primarily by helping individuals get rid of their reactive minds. Other things like helping people study help. People who have misunderstood what everyday words mean can have a hard time making sense of what other people are saying. And nearly everyone has some misunderstood words because we tend to get our definitions of words from making a guess about what they mean from their use. Usually this guess is close to the right definition, but not always, and if you have misunderstood words already then it makes it harder to guess the right definition of new words, so the situation gets compounded! It can be a surprise to learn that nearly everyone has misunderstood words and that often a person disagrees with what you are saying just because they don't have the same definition of words that you do. As a highly intelligent and academically successful guy I was certainly surprised to learn that there were several common words where I didn't have the right definition!

Helping people get off drugs is another thing that contributes to sanity and L Ron Hubbard discovered techniques to do that too.

kadzbiz

.....Insanity is not a choice. You rid the planet of insanity primarily by helping individuals get rid of their reactive minds......nearly everyone has some misunderstood words....

Inciteful thanks adthelad. Just let me clarify something though. I may be misunderstanding the Scientology definition of insanity. Are you talking about people in the general public walking around without the "right" Scientology thinking, or are you referring to those found insane and spending time in a insane assylums and psychiatric centres?

kadzbiz

Insanity would be doing things that counteract survival.

You sound as though you are assuming that insanity is a choice people can make. It's a very poor definition you provide. "Counteract survival"? Survival of who, oneself? Or anyone? Is it insane to run into a burning building to save your child?

adthelad

Given that I said "Insanity is not a choice" (which you quoted), I think it's strange you think I am assuming that insanity is a choice.

kadzbiz

You sound as though you are assuming that insanity is a choice people can make. It's a very poor definition you provide. "Counteract survival"? Survival of who, oneself? Or anyone? Is it insane to run into a burning building to save your child?

Given that I said "Insanity is not a choice" (which you quoted), I think it's strange you think I am assuming that insanity is a choice.

Sorry, I do retract that first bit in red. It's been a long day, but how about answering the bit in blue though?

kadzbiz

So after reading about those dynamics, am I right to assume that you mean that it is insanity to go against either all or any of those dynamics?

In the first dynamic, what is the highest level of survival, for an individual?

I have no urge for the third dynamic at all. Does that make me insane?

I don't see how I as an individual have the urge to survive for the fifth, six, seventh & eighth dynamic?

Lastly, why can't you answer the questions that are put to you for yourself? Why do you have to direct us to other links? You offered to answer questions, so please do.

adthelad

1. Yes.

2. A very high level of survival would be total serenity.

3. If you have no urge for group survival that's quite insane - it means you have no urge for survival as a group of friends, and no urge for those at your place of work to survive.

4. I got you. I'm not going to explain that though. If you're interested read LRH.

5. If you think I have to direct you to other links to answer questions (given that mostly I haven't) then I think we're so out of communication with each other that it's probably not worth continuing!

kadzbiz

1. Yes.

2. A very high level of survival would be total serenity.

3. If you have no urge for group survival that's quite insane - it means you have no urge for survival as a group of friends, and no urge for those at your place of work to survive.

4. I got you. I'm not going to explain that though. If you're interested read LRH.

5. If you think I have to direct you to other links to answer questions (given that mostly I haven't) then I think we're so out of communication with each other that it's probably not worth continuing!

You got me. Congratulations. More power to you.

I have a serious and sincere question concerning Scientology. I've searched online about Scientology and can't seem to find out much about them apart from their website, I'm not that interested in reading the book Dianetics, but hearing Tom Cruise (my only frame of reference and I apologise) on tv saying Brookes Shields or someone shouldn't take anti depressants as her condition, like anyone with mental illness, is a pychological condition. Correct me if I'm wrong here at all, I'm just trying to understand (sincerely) Scientology.

I have schizophrenia, and if I stopped taking my medication I would experience flatness of feeling, medically termed 'blunting', which is a sudden feeling of losing touch with a train of thought or feeling, also experience hallucinations and voices, and also altered states of mind including delusions - I would just like to ask what is the Scientology point of view on mental illness such as mine? After the experience of mental illness, it was honestly a very difficult experience and I find it hard to accept that it was a deep routed pychological problem which was causing external behavioural symptoms. But I am interested in knowing more about the Scientology explanation, and if they see mental health as a psudo-science, and if so, why? I would be interesed in hearing the evidence, and explanation.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thank you.

Caroline Cross

Greetings, All;

I have only been up here in the Upper New York State area for a year. Before my husband and I came up here we lived in Clearwater, Florida. So, we definitely have been around Scientology as it has grown leaps and bounds-buying up 99% of the downtown Clearwater area and building.

Caroline Cross

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I have never encountered Xenu and body thetans in Scientology, though to my detriment I've read all about them on sites attacking Scientology.

Trust this will help to learn about these concepts.

From Wikipedia,..

Body thetan

A Body Thetan is an alien thetan who is 'stuck' in, on or near a human body, and all human bodies are said to be covered in these misplaced thetans, or clusters of them. This information is not divulged until a Scientologist reaches the third Operating Thetan level (or OT III). Most Body Thetans were said by Hubbard to be a result of a prehistoric "Incident" involving Xenu, as well as other similar alien occurrences on the whole track.

Further still by the time the subject reaches the level of OT VII, it is revealed to him that his physical body is not just covered with Body Thetans, but is literally composed of them.

Thetan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Caroline Cross

Hmmmmm....... money seems to enter the subject. I have noticed that alot of religions, causes, etc are always in the need of money.
(And it is no wonder that the banks run the world) ;)

Caroline Cross

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Hmmmmm....... money seems to enter the subject. I have noticed that alot of religions, causes, etc are always in the need of money.
(And it is no wonder that the banks run the world) ;)

Caroline Cross

Hi Caroline,
Some synchronicity occurred there, at the same time as I edited my post and removed a reference to costs, you posted and so the context has been lost.

To restore this, my unedited post made this point,...
The reason that some non-OT scientologists are unaware of exotic scientology concepts such as Xenu, is because they are only taught at the advanced OT levels and the cost to attain to these levels is quite significant.

Yes, in the larger picture, money plus greed does corrupt human institutions, both religious so called, and the secular.

One should always be aware of the 'money changers' anywhere, but particularly in the 'Temple'.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend ben d,
Yes, in the larger picture, money plus greed does corrupt human institutions, both religious so called, and the secular.
One should always be aware of the 'money changers' anywhere, but particularly in the 'Temple'
Agree and also am aware but what can be done? Throw out the money changers like Jesus?
Better throw out my own MINd and craete a church / temple there itself?
Love & rgds

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Friend ben d,

Agree and also am aware but what can be done? Throw out the money changers like Jesus?
Better throw out my own MINd and craete a church / temple there itself?
Love & rgds

That also is my understanding of the allegory concerning jesus throwing out the money changers from the temple.

Somewhere else it is said, "know ye not that you are temples of the living God".

This implies that the body is fact is the residence of the Most High.

Hence if one is overly concerned about material things and money matters, the temple is being defiled.

On the other hand, "to drive out the money changers from the temple" is a metaphor that offers the alternative of "seeking God with all one's heart, with all one's soul, with all one's mind, and with all one's strength", which contemplation if fulfilled will result in something that money can't buy,..."a peace that passeth understanding",...Oneness.