• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

science vs. religion debate, please

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
what is there to debate? God is the greastest scientist of all TIME!!!!
Do you then assert that God, as a scientist, used natural methods over billions of years to guide the formation of the universe, the genesis of biological life, and the evolution of that life to its current state?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

If he exists, sure. But what is very unscientific are the things that ancient man has projected upon and attributed to god. Don't mistake the self-appointed interpreters and middlemen (your religions and holy texts) as the word and will of any actual god. Any fool can put words in god's mouth.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Hello c big river. normally when someone starts a thread, we expect it to contain substance. not one liners which are non useful. if you have an argument about the process of biological evolution, make your case and bring your information, sources, evidence.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

So what you're saying is that God doesn't know about the world, but is really good at learning about it, using the scientific method?

As for religion vs. science, if you wanted to know what the weather will be Sunday, would you pray for guidance, or read the weather report?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Would it not be more accurate to label Him an engineer more so than a scientist?
As an engineer myself, I find the idea of calling God an engineer mildly offensive.

Engineers have a duty of care to the people who use their designs. There's no responsibility or duty of care evident in God's "design".

Mr Cheese

As an engineer myself, I find the idea of calling God an engineer mildly offensive.

Engineers have a duty of care to the people who use their designs. There's no responsibility or duty of care evident in God's "design".

:sarcastic are you being anti free mason?

c big river

I'm wondering where I can read his published, peer-reviewed papers?

Ahhh, the limits of mortal men's papers. Do you really think the Creator cares about your so-called colleges? The Christ did not publish any papers. Nor did he go to any of your colleges, yet he sits at the right hand of God, or as I prefer to call him, Creator.

c big river

Gravity. I'm sure glad the Creator designed it. It is when we abuse it do we have problems.

c big river

I don't think so. As an engineer, I'm allowed to look down my nose at architects. :D

And here is the problem with engineers, they think they are much smarter than everyone else. Example, it was an engineer that thought of putting the toilet paper dispensers in public restrooms two feet off the floor. They say it is so hadicapped people will have less diffuculty when reaching for the paper. Hello! I think they sit on the same john I do. If I have trouple getting the paper out, I think it would be more difficult for the hadicapped person! It's not your fault engineers, you just spend more time in books than you do in the real world.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Ahhh, the limits of mortal men's papers. Do you really think the Creator cares about your so-called colleges? The Christ did not publish any papers. Nor did he go to any of your colleges, yet he sits at the right hand of God, or as I prefer to call him, Creator.

You're so right. All true Christians should remain as ignorant as possible. Education is the enemy of Christianity.

Adso

'Engineer' is still more apt than 'scientist'. You don't say a engineer who messes up a lot isn't an engineer, you just say he's a bad engineer.