• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

science vs. religion debate, please

MSizer

MSizer
OK, so then god has known the cures to diseases that cause countless people to agonize, including children, but he can't be bother to share his notes with us who would be perfectly willing to get off our ***** and cook the meds up if we just had the recipe. If god existed, either could be no scientist, or "maybe, just maybe doesn't give a *****. Which would explain a lot of things going on around here..."

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
For a third example of the same thing: You need to get from San Francisco to New York. Do you pray, or buy a plane ticket?

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
By what authority????? God, of course. God will not just give you all the knowledge. It must be earned. He is nice enough to confirm a few things. Besides, doesn't evolution describe part of this unfolding. Hmm??? Your Adam and Eve is no more than a story. Real answers are more complex.

And your proof is where?

My job isn't to give you all the answers. Like God, I place the truth out there. It is up to you to discover it for yourself. Burden of proof is on the one who seeks the knowledge. I merely point so you might think!! I need no believers nor followers to keep me warm. Like everything in life. The choices are all yours.

Truth is a measurable quality that stands up to the entire scientific method. Truth can be tested, and return predictable results.

You do not offer truth of any kind, only unsupported and unsubstantiated opinion.

MSizer

MSizer
My job isn't to give you all the answers. Like God, I place the truth out there. It is up to you to discover it for yourself. Burden of proof is on the one who seeks the knowledge. I merely point so you might think!! I need no believers nor followers to keep me warm. Like everything in life. The choices are all yours.

How about you be nice and offer at least one nugget of truth? Then we could engage in a meaningful discussion.

footprints

How about you be nice and offer at least one nugget of truth? Then we could engage in a meaningful discussion.

LOL, impossible, you are people of opposing beliefs. You will offer your evidence based on your perceptual beliefs, others will post their evidence based on their perceptual beliefs, the end resultant being, you will not accept their evidence and they will not accept your evidence and the status quo will remain.

More intelligent to jump to the end and just say, we will agree to disagree. Sigh, humans are not that intelligent as a general rule. Many like to fight and battle and prove their own intelligence, to live to fight and battle about exactly the same thing tomorrow or another day.

A very apt definition of inanity goes like this; repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Have you ever been to a forum where people respect others beliefs? I doubt most posters in this forum could handle it, it basically goes like this; G'day everybody, I hope you have a beautiful day. Thank you, I hope yours is just as beautiful.

Beyondo

More intelligent to jump to the end and just say, we will agree to disagree. Sigh, humans are not that intelligent as a general rule. Many like to fight and battle and prove their own intelligence, to live to fight and battle about exactly the same thing tomorrow or another day.

You miss the point of play that evolution has placed on just about every mamal on the planet. Play allows for the non-destructive challenge and excersie of behaviors, strategies and genetics. Less intelligent animals do not play, they agree to disagree...

Last edited:

footprints

You miss the point of play that evolution has placed on just about every mamal on the planet. Play allows for the non-destructive challenge and excersie of behaviors, strategies and genetics. Less intelligent animals do not play, they agree to disagree...

LOL, great bit of justification to suit your own belief patterns.

I would put it like this. There is no such thing as play in evolution. Everything has a point or a purpose. What you call play, others call sharpening or honing the sensory skills to aid survival, or trigger the fight or flight scenario.

Those who have to prove their ego or their intelligence in what you call non-destructive challenge, are those who, down evolution lines, have fallen closer to the tree than others around them. In other words, closer to apes, than the human species preparing for the next evolution.

Beyondo

I would put it like this. There is no such thing as play in evolution. Everything has a point or a purpose. What you call play, others call sharpening or honing the sensory skills to aid survival, or trigger the fight or flight scenario.

Let's see, I call out to my pups and say "Let's go outside", Leo grabs the sqweeky critter that's lying across the room and then parades with it in his mouth around Sal. They both grab at the toy, both prancing as if they are dancing, as they walk out the door.

Doesn't sound like honing sensory skills or the fight or flight survival instinct...It looks like their playing, because when they do fight or are threatening its very intimidating...

Those who have to prove their ego or their intelligence in what you call non-destructive challenge, are those who, down evolution lines, have fallen closer to the tree than others around them. In other words, closer to apes, than the human species preparing for the next evolution.

Let's see; the debate between Enstien and Niels Bohr regarding Quantum Mechanics, a right down bungle in the jungle fight...Sound like individuals that haven't fallen too far from the tree. :rolleyes:

footprints

Let's see, I call out to my pups and say "Let's go outside", Leo grabs the sqweeky critter that's lying across the room and then parades with it in his mouth around Sal. They both grab at the toy, both prancing as if they are dancing, as they walk out the door.

Doesn't sound like honing sensory skills or the fight or flight survival instinct...It looks like their playing, because when they do fight or are threatening its very intimidating...

LOL, you really don't know, do you?

Let's see; the debate between Enstien and Niels Bohr regarding Quantum Mechanics, a right down bungle in the jungle fight...Sound like individuals that haven't fallen too far from the tree. :rolleyes:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Nuh uh... he's advanced...
He's the only one that can see that your opinions are solely based on your perception of what you perceive as knowledge.

Footprints is the only one here who's perception perceives truthiness truthfully.

wa:do

challupa

He's the only one that can see that your opinions are solely based on your perception of what you perceive as knowledge.

Footprints is the only one here who's perception perceives truthiness truthfully.

Yup makes one feel honored just to have him grace us with his presence on this board, doesn't it!!:yes:

footprints

You know footprints the way you write you sound like "Dewey" the baby in "Family Guy"! LOL

But seriously footprints you're clueless. :jiggy:

LOL of course it is me who is clueless. You don't even know why one of your dogs grabs a toy, and the other tries to get it. LOL of course it is a game.;)

footprints

LOL, you poor little diddums. Did you buy that garbage about the dogs playing.

What about the debate of intelligence? LOL.

footprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted wolf

Another subscriber to the fortune telling lightning theories? :jiggy:

LOL this is the perception you are supporting.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

LOL of course it is me who is clueless. You don't even know why one of your dogs grabs a toy, and the other tries to get it. LOL of course it is a game.;)

LOL, you poor little diddums. Did you buy that garbage about the dogs playing.

What about the debate of intelligence? LOL.

LOL, and you should be honoured by my presence, now bow and kiss my feet.

LOL this is the perception you are supporting.

LOL...ad nauseam.....