• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I keep on writing as this surge continues ...

"It's pretty simple really. If you treat people kindly you will have good karma. If you mistreat people you will suffer one way or another - it's a great way to sabotage your own happiness."

For more thoughts about karma, try this search:

pinterest karma quotes

Yet to fully explore many of those results!

Living life fully also has a few quotes -

http://livinglifefully.com/

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From Freke book! -

"However much you try to know it through logical reasoning or to name or call it, you are doomed to failure. And even though all of you becomes one mass of questioning as you turn inward and intently search the very core of your being, you will find nothing that can be termed Mind or Essence. Yet should someone call your name, something from within will hear and respond. Find out this instant who it is!"

~ Bassui

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Really should paste in several sections from guide.htm - such as -

A brief history of my current life so far:

I have been living with paranoid schizophrenia since 1983. It has been an interesting experience to say the least. It has involved some extraordinary highs and quite a few low periods. Or just plain angry - at God or the state of the human race or my own personality flaws - you name it! :)

Many times the experience has been absolutely frightening!

However, I now consider myself one of the lucky ones.

I have recently experienced a rather amazing and unexpected personal transformation. To be perfectly honest, I am still pinching myself to make sure I am not dreaming!

It is already FAR better than I would have dared dream possible.

The past week alone has been absolutely phenomenal - I am in an effortless good mood which shows no sign of ending any time soon. I have felt little need for sleep or food or "entertainment" ...

What exactly is schizophrenia? You could look it up in Google I suppose but I have a few snippets I have collected over the years since I was first diagnosed.

Here is an excerpt from a book I found at the library, called "The Troubled Mind" by Solomon Snyder :

Since the beginnings of recorded history, man has been fascinated with the insane, with their deranged feeling, thinking, and behaviour. Insane people with fanciful delusions have at times attracted large numbers of adherents, who looked upon their psychotic leaders as prophets or as saviours of some sort. The alluring properties of the "prophet's" message may be more than just a beckoning of a way to escape from the boredom of everyday life. I suspect that many followers are riveted by a peculiarly intoxicating quality of psychotic ecstasy conveyed by the "mad" leader.

The psychiatric disease that converts man into an other-worldly creature - at once wiser than the wisest of the sane and yet so deeply troubled that he suffers more than a terminal cancer patient - is surely schizophrenia. Because of his bizarre loss of contact with everyday reality, the schizophrenic can appeal to us as a messiah bearing the message of the infinite. For our conception of the universe is bounded by the straitjacket of conventional thinking processes. A schizophrenic's self-perception is so fragmented that he seems to function at a different plane of consciousness from the rest of humanity. Some psychiatrists who have dealt extensively with schizophrenics even wonder whether the schizophrenic's "psychotic" perception of the world might not conform more to ultimate reality than does our sane vision.

You can find a few books on the subject of schizophrenia by trying the following search in Google:

Amazon schizophrenia

One interesting website is called "Successful schizophrenia". I have quite a few more I may mention.

You may also search Google for Toxic psychiatry

Or go to youtube and search for Peter Breggin.

More to follow ...

Peter Breggin - YouTube

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Email for the magazine!

To do – all these –

The schizo story - and Troubled etc ... then -

Should include memory.htm - some of the advice in them is spot on! :)

"If we simply followed the Golden Rule, it would utterly transform life on this planet!"

"People would treat each other FAR better if they felt genuinely happy within themselves."

Quotes thread - can google a few authors! Good Reads etc ...

PLUS kind2 - is it still in gmail inbox? - I DID paste them somewhere into guide - think! Some real gems!

"There is NOTHING special about me - we are all born with exactly the SAME potential."

I would have absolutely laughed in your face!

Sharona stuff - piano plus experiment - plus Marci?

Google some meditation quotes! Plus authors.

Obviously if we were living in an ideal world there would be no books on happiness because every moment for every person would be wonderful and a sheer delight!

Google EACH tip in optimism

Happify happiness

Gratitude thread!

We do TEND to focus on our differences - belief - personality - behaviour ... rather than the ways in which we are identical such as the universal desire to experience love & happiness ...

Greater good happiness?

Marci on YouTube

SMILE _ FULLY & mirror!

World's happiest man

Tolle - salvation? - suffering ego? ... true happiness ... ?

Ultimate happiness

Pathway - paste in a little from enlightenment page!

Ricard on youtube

Albers!

Secrets of spiritual happiness

happy.htm ??

Happiness secrets

Tiny Buddha Hannah Braime

Tiny love self

Plus evelyn?

Zukav - youtube - see EARLY Alfred!

WAVES - not the signs of a happy species!

Remind me to type up some of the "mystical experiences" in the Evolving Universe book!

Christmas books - could google dozens!

Meant to be happy character traits? - yes -

Include a couple of fully quotes about each virtue - think!

Leunig quote!

Negativity search? :)

Fully - adversity - plus Tiny?

Very long and very dark on a regular basis - google!

A LOT of people never survive 35 years of being schizophrenic - it can be a VERY scary illness for the person and anyone else who is trying to relate to them ...

I was a borderline psychopath for many years. I truly despised normality. Here is an example of the MANY things I wrote about normal people -

"Most peoplee somehow manage to make their children as pathetic as they are. Those who don't become pathetic usually become violent. Norma people deserve to live in a world FULL of violence. It's poetic justice. It is what they deserve for being so spineless & dishonest."

I really did WISH that I had the power to kill all of the normal people.

Looking back, it is an absolute miracle that I never killed anyone or completley lost my marbles!

Human condition love? - yes!

Human soul evolve love?

Happiness pledge

Christine Carter happiness?

Amazon Lorna Byrne

Surya - 168 and 169!

Mindful stress?

"Once upon a time, a man started to go insane because of ALL the thouhgts in his crazy, little brain."

More "mantras" in Alfred last few pages ... flow :)

Oh I may as well ...

"Yooner-my-yoo!"

"Biddly-bip-bip-bip!"

"Moom - pattern - effortless flow ..."

"When a man ENJOYS the dollar of his money, his life is ALWAYS normal."

"I'm not insane - I am the LOGICAL replacement!"

"When will a man enjoy his 25 dollars?"

"I'm not insane - I am the Christ in the Bible of the almighty!"

"Tell me ALL your lives of normal."

"I'm NOT mad - I'm the psychological man!"

"What on EARTH is your medical way?"

"Oh, Geoff. That's beautiful. You REALLY are a psychological type of man!"

"When a man GOES insane, he can't CONTROL hiss brain!"

""

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Total re-vamp of the beginning of my book -

"The Beginner's Guide to Reality"

I have been living with paranoid schizophrenia since 1983. It has been an interesting experience to say the least. It has involved some extraordinary highs and quite a few low periods. Or just plain angry - at God or the state of the human race or my own personality flaws - you name it! :)

I have recently experienced a rather amazing and unexpected personal transformation. To be perfectly honest, I am still pinching myself to make sure I am not dreaming!

The past week alone has been absolutely phenomenal - I am in an effortless good mood which shows no sign of ending any time soon. I have felt little need for sleep or food or "entertainment" ...

What exactly is schizophrenia? You could look it up in Google I suppose but I have a few snippets I have collected over the years since I was first diagnosed.

Here is an excerpt from a book I found at the library, called "The Troubled Mind" by Solomon Snyder :

Since the beginnings of recorded history, man has been fascinated with the insane, with their deranged feeling, thinking, and behaviour. Insane people with fanciful delusions have at times attracted large numbers of adherents, who looked upon their psychotic leaders as prophets or as saviours of some sort. The alluring properties of the "prophet's" message may be more than just a beckoning of a way to escape from the boredom of everyday life. I suspect that many followers are riveted by a peculiarly intoxicating quality of psychotic ecstasy conveyed by the "mad" leader.

The psychiatric disease that converts man into an other-worldly creature - at once wiser than the wisest of the sane and yet so deeply troubled that he suffers more than a terminal cancer patient - is surely schizophrenia. Because of his bizarre loss of contact with everyday reality, the schizophrenic can appeal to us as a messiah bearing the message of the infinite. For our conception of the universe is bounded by the straitjacket of conventional thinking processes. A schizophrenic's self-perception is so fragmented that he seems to function at a different plane of consciousness from the rest of humanity. Some psychiatrists who have dealt extensively with schizophrenics even wonder whether the schizophrenic's "psychotic" perception of the world might not conform more to ultimate reality than does our sane vision.

One interesting website is called "Successful schizophrenia". I have quite a few more I may mention.

Anyway ... back to my story - I have just emerged from the long, dark night of the soul. If you are unfamiliar with this mysterious phenomenon, try plugging it into your favourite search-engine.

I did just that and found a couple:

And that's what the Dark Night of the Soul is. It is the opening up of the subconscious, and the emptying out of all that is there. And that is no small thing. Our minds are like icebergs. (See picture in upper right hand corner of page.) The conscious mind is only the small part sticking up above the surface. Most of it is below, unknown to us. Imagine suddenly becoming aware of 20 times more thoughts, feelings and programming than you knew of before - much of it from infantile periods of life and thus quite illogical, crazy, even 'insane.'

When the boundary between the conscious mind and the subconscious vanishes and all that has been suppressed in the subconscious starts flooding our minds within a relatively short timeframe, even the spiritual and emotional super heroes among us will find it utterly challenging to maintain their sanity. In the case of the Druids, even with years of preparation and training, only a few succeeded.

You could search for: Unconditional self acceptance dark night soul

In my case, the long dark night manifested itself as paranoid schizophrenia, which is a severe psychiatric condition.

I still am pinching myself to make sure this is not a dream. I am totally "cured". Obviously I may not be able to prove it is permanent - I am sure my shrink will have a diffferent view!

Just HOW did this mysterious metamorphosis take place?

Life is full of mysteries. You may well ask how does a single fertilised cell "know" how to grow and develop and eventually becoe a walking, talking human being.

I did read a LOT of books and I did do a LOT of meditating in the vague hope that "some day" I would experience a better life.

There are MANY books I could recommend. Perhaps the best one is "The Untethered Soul" by Michael Singer.

Here is a taste:

"There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind - you are the one who hears it."

"If you truly love someone, your love sees past their humanness."

"Only you can take inner freedom away from yourself, or give it to yourself. Nobody else can."

One entire chapter is called "Unconditional Happiness".

The book takes you step-by-step along the path of transformation. I highly recommend it.

Some people have described "The Untethered Soul" as a handbook for life that should be required reading for everyone on this planet.

You may find Michael Singer on Youtube too!

""

Then --->

Meditation is one proven way to cultivate the personal qualities that lead to serenity and contentment.

Sharona stuff from Sept journal - piano & experiment ...

FULLY - just the ones that appeal - could be dozens of quotes! ...

Gratitude -

Most happiness experts that it is well near impossible to be truly grateful and miserable at the same time.

There are MANY gratitude sites ... try the following searches:

Greater good gratitude multimedia

Thankful heart gratitude challenge

Tiny Buddha gratitude quotes

30 days of gratitude

Daring to live fully gratitude

Plus her amazing offer of ebooks!

More in the forum thread ... e.g. -

“Gratitude is one of the few things that can measurably heal, energize and change people’s lives. It is a turning of the mind, not what I don’t have, but what I have already.”

~ Dr. Robert Emmons

Tiny Buddha compassion

Tonglen meditation (Pema)?

Suffering is a VERY mixed-bag if you are asking me. Some people are utterly transformed by their suffering while many others just become bitter & twisted or even violent.

I guess that is one of life's deeper mysteries :)

Mowing poem??

"I have FAR bigger things to worry about than whether somebody else disagrees with some of my opinions. Count yourself lucky!"

"This is a VERY troubled world. It is totally unrealistic to expect that your family will somehow be magically protected from the worst of it."

""

Bad karma to continue to collect a pension when I am no longer "disabled" ... a real challenge!

""

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Paste some of these into guide - think! -

For my new guide - think!!

Added these -

Happiness books -

Do you have any idea how many books there are about happiness - try googling Amazon happiness books to get some idea.

Obviously if we were living in some kind of ideal world, there would be no books about happiness because every moment for every person would be wonderful and a sheer delight.

Meditation is just like playing the piano or any other pursuit - you can't expect to be brilliant at it after one or two lessons. Practice makes perfect ...

Osho meditation - a couple?

"If you want to be TRULY happy, you need to learn how to laugh at all the antics of your ego."

More in sept journal - think - esp blissful kids mindfulness etc ...

From fully - forgiveness - compassion - tiny quotes too?

Kindness

Another key to enjoying a better life is to watch your thoughts & words & actions and making sure that they are motivated by kindness.

Lori Deschene ways to give without expectations

bits of positivity kindness

Love

How many words have been written & spoken about love throughout human history? How many of them are even vaguely accurate?

One simple definition of love is that you sincerely wish the other person is happy regardless of what they may do or don't do for you.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that."

~ Michael Leunig

"Your soul yearns for the ultimate experience. The experience of pure, unconditional love. Love for yourself and for everyone else. Nothing else really matters to your soul."

~ Anon

"Health does not always come from medicine. Most of the time it comes from peace of mind, peace in the heart, peace in the soul. It comes from laughter and love."

~ Anon

"If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care."

~ Marvin Ashton

"You can never know how many lives you’ve touched, so just know it’s far more than you think. Even the tiniest acts of love, kindness, and compassion can have a massive ripple effect. You have made the world a better place, even if it doesn’t seem like."

~ Lori Deschene

"I'm in favor of love as long as it doesn't happen when Dinosaurs is on television."

- Jill, age 6

"My mother says to look for a man who is kind. That's what I'll do. I'll find somebody who's kinda tall and handsome."

- Carolyn, age 8

For more kids thoughts - try searching Rinkworks kids love

One wonderful book that describes unconditional love is "Emissary of Light" by James Twyman.

Remind me to type out a few phrases from his book. It was the most effortless reading experience of my life (so far) - I would read 40 or 50 pages in what seemed to be only a matter of a few minutes. I am not a "speed reader".

You can try this search:

Spirit of Maat Twyman emissary light

You also get an interesting site or two if you plug human condition love into Google!

Beliefs -

"Your beliefs play a major role in creating your experience. So be sure that they are healthy beliefs. A healthy belief system is one which helps you to become a kinder & more compassionate human being."

~ Anon

Tiny - beliefs quotes!

Spontaneity

I highly recommend it - here are some spontaneous mantras for you to play with:

Like anything it gets easier the more you practice.

"Once upon a time, a man made 3 startling decisions!"

"Yes. But you have been conditioned to think that way."

"What IS your best reality of the types?"

"Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! Where is my tiny little doctor?"

From mantra66 - loads!

Here's a random little poem that popped into my head recently -

Microscopic Aliens

Some people tell me that I am insane
Because of all the chemicals inside my brain
There is some real method to my madness
I have just overcome every sadness

MORE from random thoughts? or Twyman! or ...

If anyone tells you that they understand schizophrenia, you can be sure of one thing - they are kidding themeslves.

Schizophrenia may JUST be the most misunderstood phenomenon in the entire universe.

Every instinct that I have is telling me to have confidence that my transformation is permanent and that anger has totalls dissolved.

My meditations are becoming quite effortless and my mood is generally buoyany even when doing "nothing in particular", which is the acid-test!

Just received this timely email from "Glimpse of the day" -

Enlightenment is real; and each of us, whoever we are, can in the right circumstances and with the right training realize the nature of mind and so know in us what is deathless and eternally pure. This is the promise of all the great mystical traditions of the world, and it has been fulfilled and is being fulfilled in countless thousands of human lives.

The wonder of this promise is that it is something not exotic, not fantastic, not for an elite, but for all of humanity; and when we realize it, the masters tell us, it is unexpectedly ordinary.

Spiritual truth is not something elaborate and esoteric, it is in fact profound common sense. When you realize the nature of mind, layers of confusion peel away. You don’t actually “become” a buddha, you simply cease, slowly, to be deluded. And being a buddha is not being some omnipotent spiritual superman, but becoming at last a true human being.

Imaginary conversations -

"There is a lot of pressure to watch what you say because most people's egos are very fragile.

There may be more so stay tuned to this station!

If you want to read more of my stuff, simply email me:

[email protected]

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Combining most of recent library work ...

New guide to reality
<P>
Paste in both ... and LEAVE originals - JUST in case!! --->
<P>
Email for the magazine!

OR!!!??? ----> Submit to Chicken Soup site!?

[email protected] - test it?

To do – all these – plus update threads with latest - then!!

THENNNN ----> Do a guide thread!

The schizo story - and Troubled etc ... then -

"The Beginner's Guide to Reality"

Anyway ... back to my story - I have just emerged from the long, dark night of the soul. If you are unfamiliar with this mysterious phenomenon, try plugging it into your favourite search-engine.

I did just that and found a couple:

And that's what the Dark Night of the Soul is. It is the opening up of the subconscious, and the emptying out of all that is there. And that is no small thing. Our minds are like icebergs. (See picture in upper right hand corner of page.) The conscious mind is only the small part sticking up above the surface. Most of it is below, unknown to us. Imagine suddenly becoming aware of 20 times more thoughts, feelings and programming than you knew of before - much of it from infantile periods of life and thus quite illogical, crazy, even 'insane.'

When the boundary between the conscious mind and the subconscious vanishes and all that has been suppressed in the subconscious starts flooding our minds within a relatively short timeframe, even the spiritual and emotional super heroes among us will find it utterly challenging to maintain their sanity. In the case of the Druids, even with years of preparation and training, only a few succeeded.

You could search for: Unconditional self acceptance dark night soul

In my case, the long dark night manifested itself as paranoid schizophrenia, which is a severe psychiatric condition.

I still am pinching myself to make sure this is not a dream. I am totally "cured". Obviously I may not be able to prove it is permanent - I am sure my shrink will have a diffferent view!

Just HOW did this mysterious metamorphosis take place?

Life is full of mysteries. You may well ask how does a single fertilised cell "know" how to grow and develop and eventually becoe a walking, talking human being.

I did read a LOT of books and I did do a LOT of meditating in the vague hope that "some day" I would experience a better life.

There are MANY books I could recommend. Perhaps the best one is "The Untethered Soul" by Michael Singer.

Here is a taste:

"There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind - you are the one who hears it."

"If you truly love someone, your love sees past their humanness."

"Only you can take inner freedom away from yourself, or give it to yourself. Nobody else can."

One entire chapter is called "Unconditional Happiness".

The book takes you step-by-step along the path of transformation. I highly recommend it.

Some people have described "The Untethered Soul" as a handbook for life that should be required reading for everyone on this planet.

You may find Michael Singer on Youtube too!

Then --->

Meditation is one proven way to cultivate the personal qualities that lead to serenity and contentment.

Sharona stuff from Sept journal - piano & experiment ...

FULLY - just the ones that appeal - could be dozens of quotes! ...

Gratitude -

Most happiness experts that it is well near impossible to be truly grateful and miserable at the same time.

There are MANY gratitude sites ... try the following searches:

Greater good gratitude multimedia

Thankful heart gratitude challenge

Tiny Buddha gratitude quotes

30 days of gratitude

Daring to live fully gratitude

Plus her amazing offer of ebooks!

More in the forum thread ... e.g. -

“Gratitude is one of the few things that can measurably heal, energize and change people’s lives. It is a turning of the mind, not what I don’t have, but what I have already.”

~ Dr. Robert Emmons

Tiny Buddha compassion

Tonglen meditation (Pema)?

Suffering is a VERY mixed-bag if you are asking me. Some people are utterly transformed by their suffering while many others just become bitter & twisted or even violent.

I guess that is one of life's deeper mysteries :)

Mowing poem??

"I have FAR bigger things to worry about than whether somebody else disagrees with some of my opinions. Count yourself lucky!"

"This is a VERY troubled world. It is totally unrealistic to expect that your family will somehow be magically protected from the worst of it."

""

Bad karma to continue to collect a pension when I am no longer "disabled" ... a real challenge!

""

Should include memory.htm - some of the advice in them is spot on! :)

"If we simply followed the Golden Rule, it would utterly transform life on this planet!"

"People would treat each other FAR better if they felt genuinely happy within themselves."

Quotes thread - can google a few authors! Good Reads etc ...

PLUS kind2 - is it still in gmail inbox? - I DID paste them somewhere into guide - think! Some real gems!

"There is NOTHING special about me - we are all born with exactly the SAME potential."

I would have absolutely laughed in your face!

Sharona stuff - piano plus experiment - plus Marci?

Google some meditation quotes! Plus authors.

Obviously if we were living in an ideal world there would be no books on happiness because every moment for every person would be wonderful and a sheer delight!

Google EACH tip in optimism

Happify happiness

Gratitude thread!

We do TEND to focus on our differences - belief - personality - behaviour ... rather than the ways in which we are identical such as the universal desire to experience love & happiness ...

Greater good happiness?

Marci on YouTube

SMILE _ FULLY & mirror!

World's happiest man

Tolle - salvation? - suffering ego? ... true happiness ... ?

Ultimate happiness

Pathway - paste in a little from enlightenment page!

Ricard on youtube

Albers!

Secrets of spiritual happiness

happy.htm ??

Happiness secrets

Tiny Buddha Hannah Braime

Tiny love self

Plus evelyn?

Zukav - youtube - see EARLY Alfred!

WAVES - not the signs of a happy species!

Remind me to type up some of the "mystical experiences" in the Evolving Universe book!

Christmas books - could google dozens!

Meant to be happy character traits? - yes -

Include a couple of fully quotes about each virtue - think!

Leunig quote!

Negativity search? :)

Fully - adversity - plus Tiny?

Very long and very dark on a regular basis - google!

A LOT of people never survive 35 years of being schizophrenic - it can be a VERY scary illness for the person and anyone else who is trying to relate to them ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Part 2 of the guide -

I was a borderline psychopath for many years. I truly despised normality. Here is an example of the MANY things I wrote about normal people -

"Most peoplee somehow manage to make their children as pathetic as they are. Those who don't become pathetic usually become violent. Norma people deserve to live in a world FULL of violence. It's poetic justice. It is what they deserve for being so spineless & dishonest."

I really did WISH that I had the power to kill all of the normal people.

Looking back, it is an absolute miracle that I never killed anyone or completley lost my marbles!

Human condition love? - yes!

Human soul evolve love?

Happiness pledge

Christine Carter happiness?

Amazon Lorna Byrne

Surya - 168 and 169!

Mindful stress?

"Once upon a time, a man started to go insane because of ALL the thouhgts in his crazy, little brain."

More "mantras" in Alfred last few pages ... flow :)

Oh I may as well ...

"Yooner-my-yoo!"

"Biddly-bip-bip-bip!"

"Moom - pattern - effortless flow ..."

"When a man ENJOYS the dollar of his money, his life is ALWAYS normal."

"I'm not insane - I am the LOGICAL replacement!"

"When will a man enjoy his 25 dollars?"

"I'm not insane - I am the Christ in the Bible of the almighty!"

"Tell me ALL your lives of normal."

"I'm NOT mad - I'm the psychological man!"

"What on EARTH is your medical way?"

"Oh, Geoff. That's beautiful. You REALLY are a psychological type of man!"

"When a man GOES insane, he can't CONTROL hiss brain!"

""

<P>

Then from Alfred AFTER 60th birthday party flip-flops! -

For my new guide - think!!

Added these -

Happiness books -

Do you have any idea how many books there are about happiness - try googling Amazon happiness books to get some idea.

Obviously if we were living in some kind of ideal world, there would be no books about happiness because every moment for every person would be wonderful and a sheer delight.

Meditation is just like playing the piano or any other pursuit - you can't expect to be brilliant at it after one or two lessons. Practice makes perfect ...

Osho meditation - a couple?

"If you want to be TRULY happy, you need to learn how to laugh at all the antics of your ego."

More in sept journal - think - esp blissful kids mindfulness etc ...

From fully - forgiveness - compassion - tiny quotes too?

Kindness

Another key to enjoying a better life is to watch your thoughts & words & actions and making sure that they are motivated by kindness.

Lori Deschene ways to give without expectations

bits of positivity kindness

Love

How many words have been written & spoken about love throughout human history? How many of them are even vaguely accurate?

One simple definition of love is that you sincerely wish the other person is happy regardless of what they may do or don't do for you.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that."

~ Michael Leunig

"Your soul yearns for the ultimate experience. The experience of pure, unconditional love. Love for yourself and for everyone else. Nothing else really matters to your soul."

~ Anon

"Health does not always come from medicine. Most of the time it comes from peace of mind, peace in the heart, peace in the soul. It comes from laughter and love."

~ Anon

"If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care."

~ Marvin Ashton

"You can never know how many lives you’ve touched, so just know it’s far more than you think. Even the tiniest acts of love, kindness, and compassion can have a massive ripple effect. You have made the world a better place, even if it doesn’t seem like."

~ Lori Deschene

"I'm in favor of love as long as it doesn't happen when Dinosaurs is on television."

- Jill, age 6

"My mother says to look for a man who is kind. That's what I'll do. I'll find somebody who's kinda tall and handsome."

- Carolyn, age 8

For more kids thoughts - try searching Rinkworks kids love

One wonderful book that describes unconditional love is "Emissary of Light" by James Twyman.

Remind me to type out a few phrases from his book. It was the most effortless reading experience of my life (so far) - I would read 40 or 50 pages in what seemed to be only a matter of a few minutes. I am not a "speed reader".

You can try this search:

Spirit of Maat Twyman emissary light

You also get an interesting site or two if you plug human condition love into Google!

Beliefs -

"Your beliefs play a major role in creating your experience. So be sure that they are healthy beliefs. A healthy belief system is one which helps you to become a kinder & more compassionate human being."

~ Anon

Tiny - beliefs quotes!

Spontaneity

I highly recommend it - here are some spontaneous mantras for you to play with:

Like anything it gets easier the more you practice.

"Once upon a time, a man made 3 startling decisions!"

"Yes. But you have been conditioned to think that way."

"What IS your best reality of the types?"

"Doctor! Doctor! Doctor! Where is my tiny little doctor?"

From mantra66 - loads!

Here's a random little poem that popped into my head recently -

Microscopic Aliens

Some people tell me that I am insane
Because of all the chemicals inside my brain
There is some real method to my madness
I have just overcome every sadness

MORE from random thoughts? or Twyman! or ...

If anyone tells you that they understand schizophrenia, you can be sure of one thing - they are kidding themeslves.

Schizophrenia may JUST be the most misunderstood phenomenon in the entire universe.

Every instinct that I have is telling me to have confidence that my transformation is permanent and that anger has totalls dissolved.

My meditations are becoming quite effortless and my mood is generally buoyany even when doing "nothing in particular", which is the acid-test!

Just received this timely email from "Glimpse of the day" -

Enlightenment is real; and each of us, whoever we are, can in the right circumstances and with the right training realize the nature of mind and so know in us what is deathless and eternally pure. This is the promise of all the great mystical traditions of the world, and it has been fulfilled and is being fulfilled in countless thousands of human lives.

The wonder of this promise is that it is something not exotic, not fantastic, not for an elite, but for all of humanity; and when we realize it, the masters tell us, it is unexpectedly ordinary.

Spiritual truth is not something elaborate and esoteric, it is in fact profound common sense. When you realize the nature of mind, layers of confusion peel away. You don’t actually “become” a buddha, you simply cease, slowly, to be deluded. And being a buddha is not being some omnipotent spiritual superman, but becoming at last a true human being.

Tiny - everybody doing their best - in books2??

Imaginary conversations -

"There is a lot of pressure to watch what you say because most people's egos are very fragile.

Yes, But it is his prerogative to have a different opinion. Shaped by life-experiences?

"I wouldn't do it (confront people) because many people have fragile egos and they can respond angrily to any suggestion of a criticism.

"Some people seem to be addicted to the drama - it makes them feeel allive!"

Denise - Tiny Buddha figures!

"Yes. But there is a HUGE difference between genuine confidence and megalomaniacs like Hitler!"

More character traits in FULLY! - Think!

Rewire your brain (happiness)

Mum would love the self-exploration journal!! Plus Satan in the brain book??

Tiny - everyone doing their best?

SHOOMY - pattern & flow & flying again after MASSSSSIVE doubts about going off pension!

Google happiness authors

Number 743 in kind thread!

Celebrate your quirks - for email??

Twyman - youtbe

More from kind thread - into guide!

Unwatch a couple!

pinterest dated Friday 7th

Facebook - in inbox - plenty from Eamon! Fesitval??

"Anyone who is STUPID enough to try to pretend that they are satified with normality doesn't deserve anything better!"

Is "spineless" in the guide page already? -

Most people somehow manage to make their children as pathetic as they are. Those who don't become pathetic usually become violent. Normal people deserve 2 live in a world FULL of violence. It's poetic justice. It is what they deserve for being so spineless & dishonest!

Improve your spontaneity?

Sort out mantras from 66 versus "Imaginary Conversations" from memory.htm etc!

[email protected]
<P>

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Part 3 of new guide!

Imaginary conversations –

From Chinese book – loads JUST yesterday!!! –

"If they knew better, they would DO better."

Wow! Michael Bernard Beckwith creatively maladjusted!

"There is a lot of pressure to watch what you say because most people's egos are very fragile."

"Yes, But it is his prerogative to have a different opinion. Shaped by life-experiences?"

"I wouldn't do it (confront people) because many people have fragile egos and they can respond angrily to any suggestion of a criticism."

"Some people seem to be addicted to the drama - it makes them feeel allive!"

Denise - Tiny Buddha figures!

"Yes. But there is a HUGE difference between genuine confidence and megalomaniacs like Hitler!"

"Atheists MUST have some kind of "faith" especially if they decide to become parents. They are bringing their of-spring into a world FULL of negativity and violence yet they must believe that "somehow" their family will remain magically immune to the VERY worst of it."

BUT! Will I dare post ... :)

IN FACT!!! ----> had a change-of-heart ... reflecting on my own family some of who are atheists & parents ...

First? - laugh at your own ego ... because it REALLY is hilarious ... once you awaken!!! :)

Pray for yourself & all others who experience ...

Toxic thinking

Yes - the change ... reading Surya and it won't always be smooth sailing ...

Even the ego comments might NOT be received with enthusiasm ... even though it could POTENTIALLY liberate them and show them the-error-of-their-ways!?

But is IS a constant question - am I truly motivated by the compassion I invariably feel when I see so MANY people indulging in negativity blissfully unaware that they are actually sabotaging their own peace-of-mind & happiness?

The universe is SIMPLY far to amazing that to allow negativity to occupy your mind!

Then ... started to re-read "In Six Days" ... wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all agree and just enjoy this phenomenal universe!

Plus "365 Wisdom Pills" ... in my guide somewhere ... have NOT been explring it at the library - toooo busy with new stuff coming into my consciousness ...

Let ALONE the suggestion that most people are totally confused about love and are unwilling to even question their beliefs ... and your average human being would NOT survive without constantly lying to themselves ...

Even this flash-back -

"I'd rather be mad to be honest. Normality doesn't appeal to me AT ALL! I look at all the normal people and I am bewildered as to why ANYONE would settle for that!"

Yes - pity SO few read books like Rashana - realllllly SHOULD paste a few gems from that book into my "guide" ...

Goldilocks Enigma is a REAL mind-bender ... if you approach it with the right attitude - same applies to just-about any book you might care to read!

But! In one chapter called the "big questions" - the origin of the universe and life and consciousness ... leaves out the MOST vital question of all:

How do we make more people happy?

Because unhappy people are capable of some seriously TWISTED behaviour - as is evidenced on the nightky news!

Then more google searches - loads are in origiunal "guide" ...

Mindfulness - observe your thoughts and feelings with curiosity and no judgement ...

Mind map masters - from that mag on health! - in fact - try this:

Mind map masters happiness!!!

From Ipad -

To be aware of a single shortcoming within oneself!

Marc angel gratitude? - yes - several!

How to publish a book?

"Lar-lar-lar. Lar-lar-lar. Lar-lar-lar-lar-lar-lar-lar!"

"Gloiper-gloiper-gloiper. Gloiper-gloiper-gloiper. Gloiper-gloiper-gloiper-gloiper-gloiper-gloiper-gloiper."

"Boible-boible-boible. Boible-boible-boible. Boible-boible-boible. Boible-boible-boible!"

"Jibber-ji=obber-jabber. "

PLUS?? -> Religious forums gibberish!

"Yipper-yipper-yipper-yipper-yar-yar-yar!"

"Skwinner boingo. Skwinner boingo. Skwinner boingo. Skwinner boingo."

"Yizzer-yozzer. Yizzer-yozzer. Yizzer-yozzer. Yizzer-yozzer!"

More in Chinese book!

"I feel truly sorry for all the people who don't appreciate JUST how amazing this universe really is!"

Plus thoughts.htm - some real gems!

"Life is SIMPLY far too short to allow yourself to ghet all upset about trivial matters."

Plus Walsch 98% quote?

"Any book can be interesting as long as you approach it with an attitude of finding it interesting. It's the attitude you bring to the experience of reading that makes a world of difference."

"I can't understand anything! Life is totally bewildering"

"I feel compassion for them because that is definitely NOT a healthy attitude."

"Most people simply hate beinmg criticised because their egos are really fragile. I must be one of the very few who would NOT get upset by any crtiticism. If there is truth in it, then that is something for me to work on. If there is no truth in it then there would be nbo need to worry myself."

"You can't change the fact that life seems monstrously unfair."

Secret of life - in lewis??

"Write down some of soul searching quotes?"

optimism? - attached ...

"It is unfortunate fact of life that the world is in the state that it is in because most people are unable or unwilling to be honest with themselves. I am mystified as to how to change that reality ..."

""

More character traits in FULLY! - Think!

A few of my favourite Google searches -

Think ... I m getting JUST a little rattled at all the "stuff" to edit into the form I would like!

Good reads Tolle quotes

Roy Sullivan struck by lightning

Amazing facts human body

Tiny - everybody doing their best - in books2??

Rewire your brain (happiness)

Mum would love the self-exploration journal!! Plus Satan in the brain book??

Tiny - everyone doing their best?

SHOOMY - pattern & flow & flying again after MASSSSSIVE doubts about going off pension!

Google happiness authors

Number 743 in kind thread!

Celebrate your quirks - for email??

Twyman - youtbe

More from kind thread - into guide!

Unwatch a couple!

pinterest dated Friday 7th

Facebook - in inbox - plenty from Eamon! Fesitval??

Improve your spontaneity?

Sort out mantras from 66 versus "Imaginary Conversations" from memory.htm etc!

[email protected]

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More reading -

Einstein biography - from that Nat Geog mag ...

For the gang?

Book review Goldilocks Enigma

Green soup detox

Mind map mastery happiness - from that Health mag too!

Gauri how to fail

Ani Wilson stress coach

How to nurture genius

Toxic thinking - needs a vigilant mind at times!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Quote - emotional upheaval not spiritual faux pas

Then a few into guide part 3 ... they just keep popping into my consciousness at "odd" times -

From Chinese -

"Normal people are the perfect guide on how to live - you simply watch what they do and then you do the exact opposite!"

"Wooner-wooner-wooner." -> with mouth closed!

Same with this: "Oy-oy-oy."

"I used to think that I could learn how to understand all the famous realities of life."

"Yim-yim-yim-yim-yim." - fast and rerally flow ...

"Spizz-spizz-spizz-spizz-spizz."

"I have no idea why I am so sentimental in the name of all types!"

"Tell me all your stories and I will tell you always through the famous ways of life."

"Shugger-shugger-shugger. Shugger-shugger-shugger. Shugger-shugger-shugger-shugger-shugger-shugger-shugger."

"Oh, that's beautiful, man! You really are the name of all types!"

"Medical theories! Medical theories! Medical theories!"

"Yoiyo-yoiyo-yoiyo. Yoiyo-yoiyo-yoiyo. Yoiyo-yoiyo-yoiyo-yoiyo-yoiyo-yoiyo-yoiyo!"

"Ziggy-ziggy-ziggy. Ziggy-ziggy-ziggy. Ziggy-ziggy-ziggy-ziggy-ziggy-ziggy-ziggy!"

"Once upon a time, a man started 2 learn how 2 enjoy his own life!"

"There are many ways to sabotage your own happiness. Complaining is one of the most popular."

"Democracy is a really lousy system. Unfortunately most of the alternatives are even worse. It is a lousy system because your average citizen is pretty-much clueless."

Poem thread? - Routine maintenance -

You can have all the happiness you need
Listen to this - you have do not have to speed
There are many thoughts on which you can feed
Life may improve if you do a good deed

??

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A couple more interesting emails 2 the gang ...

Thanks again!

I am being lazy again and just sending one email to all those whose emails I have handy ...

Thanks for an entertaining evening. I enjoyed most of the canine antics too.

My email address is [email protected] - I think I have Molly's adddress or maybe not ... who knows?

I am just hoping that Mum behaves herself on our trip to Kyneton. Only kidding ... seriously though I was thinking about that little story about the confrontation with the young smoker.

Unfortunately, you can't just go around telling people the truth. Most people have very fragile egos and they do not generally respond kindly to being criticised.

So it IS a risky business if you feel like confronting people and pointing out the "error of their ways".

I am fortunate in being part of a caring, supportive family when you look at the kind of things other families are doing! We get along okay despite the odd diference of opinion and personality clash. Some of us are a little wiser than others but that is okay - it takes all sorts to make up a world and society wouldn't work if we were all the same temperament.

I think the world would be great if we all had Mum's compassion even if she does express it forcefully at times when someone is a little bit naughty. I just don't want Mum to get punched in the face while she is trying to save the world. I think I also have a Messiah complex at times - it is tough to watch so many people blissfully unaware that they are actually sabotaging their own happiness. I feel enormous compassion for those whose egos are out-of-control.

People's egos are often temperamental when they get criticised. They may even resort to colourfully language like the young smoker in Mum's story! All violence comes from people whose egos are out-of-control. That includes emotional violence as well as the physical stuff.

I would be one of the exceptions as far as being criticised is concerned. Criticism would not make me angry - if there is any truth in the criticism then I would say rthat is something for me 2 work on. If there was no truth in it, there would be no need for me to worry about it.

This world would not look the way that it does if people had truly open minds. An open mind is one that is willing & able to challenge absolutely everything - including your own beliefs and opinions.

That is what true meditation is all about. Meditation is NOT for the faint-hearted. It can be very confusing and even scary at times. But it is sure worth it when things do click-into-place. It is like learning to fly a jet or learn a new language - it takes time and constant practice to achieve mastery of any skill and taking your ego less seriously is a rare skill. It has taken me a long and interesting road to where I am ...

Most people believe that meditation is just about chilling out and reducing stress. True meditation is about transforming the ego. There are many gurus wh identify the human ego as the BIGGEST trouble-maker in this world. I do tend to agree - based on my experiences over the past 60 years and probably hundreds of previous lives I must have experienced.

There will be NO charge for today's sermon. I am just sitting here at the screen and typing whatever happens to pop into my cotton-picking mind!

Thanks for the Camomile tea - I think I may be addicted - I suppose there are far worse things I could be addicted to :)

Has anyone heard of the Paradoxical commandments? If not, try this site -

The Paradoxical Commandments - by Kent M. Keith

The first one is a real challenge in a world as troubled as this one -

"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway."

If you would like a little more inspiration, try this site -

Inspiration |

That's all folks! Stay tuned to this station for all the latest news & developments.

Love from Geoff

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More emails -

Hi again

I just realised I never put this in my recent email -

Thanks for all the food - hope none of it went to waste. Very tasty!

Thanks also for the encore birthday song - plus the 60 claps!

I have yet to read your replies so this may be un-necessary ...

I was a tad worried you might all think I was crazy - the ego is very slippery and wants to be in control so it usually rejects anything that contradicts your current beliefs!

That was the case for me - I had a MASSSSSIVE ego and at times thought I was the ONLY honest soul in the world. It has taken years to reach the point where I can now laugh at all the funny antics of my own ego - it is a real situation-comedy!

Anyway, I don't think most of you folks have much to worry about - some people suffer terribly with an out-of-control ego while others suffer just a little and probably count themselves lucky because it "could be worse".

Oh there was another idea in there but it slipped out of my mind while I was typing ... oh well ... that is life I suppose ...

I probably have enough writing material for a book if I can ever get organised enough to edit it all!

Nothing terribly "new" or "groundbreaking" in my stuff - I have found MANY books that say the same kind of things about human suffering - especially all the emotional "drama" that we have in this world - just watch the news and that is the down-side of having an out-of-control human ego.

If you have had enough of my ravings ... try these sites -

25 Deep Questions about Life You Need to Ask Yourself

Ego | WHY WE SUFFER

Living life fully is another great site -

quotes, quotations and passages on ego

I may have more to say when I read your individual replies. Looks like I needn't have worried about upsetting your egos so far ...

Enjoy the warmer days!

Hope you're all keeping well and see you next Friday - good luck in the footy - even though my shrink supports Richmond!

Love from Geoff

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A couple more emails ...

My computer has died!

Hope you're all well.

If you was wondering why I have not replied to your emails, it is quite simple - after a long and mainly healthy life, my computer has gone to God as they say!

I am obviously wondering if it can be miraculously brought back to life. Lucky the weather is okay because I had to walk to the library to use one of their many computers!

Anyway ... to update the rest of you ...

We had a pleasant day in Kyneton on Saturday with Eamon - some great pizzas and I had some "left-over" pizza for breakfast on Sunday - may NOT be a dieticians most healthy choice for brekky!

If anyone has a query about books, try Eamon's Mum at this address:

[email protected]

I sent an email saying how much we enjoyed Eamon's company. He has a very gentle nature and doesn't judge anyone adversely. Those are great qualities to possess. He also loves his family.

We gave him a bit of a pep talk - well if I am being honest, it was mainly Mum doing the talking - which won't surprise anyone.

Eamon is FAR more into meditation and chanting than I was at his age - he also started telling me about pranic healing. Here's a site i found from a quick search -

https://livingnow.com.au/pranic-healing/

But I am sure there's plenty of others out-there.

I got a couple of books too - it is a huge shop! If you are ever in Kyneton area it will please ANY book lover!

Thanks also to Mum & Dad for some belated birthday gifts - you may see them on Friday for our Grand Final eve meal? I told Steve that upsets happen in sport so all the Collngwood fans will be happy because they may not have been all that optimistic about beating Richmond.

The trouble is my shrink barracks for Richmond so he won't be in a good mood and might take out his frustrations on me when I see him!

I shall be sending Mum a separate email about meeting Rebecca, my case manager on Tuesday.

Then she goes on maternity leave - I mean Rebecca is having a child not Mum! :)

We had a nice drive to Kyneton and discussed many things. I seem to recall something about our family get-togethers and our "circle of sharing". We discussed various tactics to get people to shut their far king mouths when someone else is sharing their most intimmate & private thoughts & feelings.

The talking during our sharing can upset Mum and you don't want to do that - she can be a real ******! when she gets upset. Only kidding!

We also purchased some prayer flags like Mum's and I have laid them out on the floor of the lounge-room where I read & meditate on the deepest mysteries of human existence. It is good to have reminders like the flags!

We had a "win" on our lotto ticket but I couldn't collect it because it is registered in Mum's name - I think it was 24 bucks - not life-changing but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I suppose ...

I would also appeal to people in our family to be respectful and not interrupt when Nana is telling one of her stories. Yes, I know they are long and boring and pointless but she really just loves to talk.

Some of us are talkers and some are like me and quite quiet by nature. I was probably a Buddhist hermit in a previous life. I do try my best to listen to you people but it gets hard because most of you are vey dull and you really need to get a life as they say in the classics!

To end on a positive note, try these sites -

The Happiness Pledge

https://www.happify.com/hd/health-and-happiness-infographic/

See you Friday!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Yes - pranic healing sounds great ... quite a few sites and some here locally ...

Also Emma Pierce mental illness - an excellent book so far!

Al the best!