• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I looked at the linked page. Hmm its about dark night of the soul kind of stuff. I think they have a point, although spiritual transformation requires some kind of emotional base of love. You have to love yourself or have memory of it I think. A good childhood might be enough or perhaps a dear pet or something else that gives you a basis. Perhaps a kindness received. Maybe reading about kindness in a biography might work or something in History? I think if life starts falling apart but we can't even contemplate love then its pointless suffering. Otherwise, yes, we are transformed.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I looked at the linked page. Hmm its about dark night of the soul kind of stuff. I think they have a point, although spiritual transformation requires some kind of emotional base of love. You have to love yourself or have memory of it I think. A good childhood might be enough or perhaps a dear pet or something else that gives you a basis. Perhaps a kindness received. Maybe reading about kindness in a biography might work or something in History? I think if life starts falling apart but we can't even contemplate love then its pointless suffering. Otherwise, yes, we are transformed.

Thanks for the feed-back!

I have just been through the dark night - it was VERY dark indeed!

I agree that self-love is vital - if you can't love your own imperfections it will be awfully hard to love someone else's flaws.

Here's an interview on the subject - I like stories about overcoming adversity -

Tiny Buddha’s Guide to Loving Yourself Interview: Hannah Braime

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
7c9581236b75fafb7ba84247555ae163.jpg

More at the pinterest site -

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/351703052136059415/

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A few of my favourite Google searches - from early October 2018

Remind me to paste in from a later version of guide.htm ... I have found several over the years ...

Mindfulness difficult emotions

Treat yourself with kindness

Kindness start a revolution

Gregg Braden beliefs reality

Amazon Gregg Braden

Yes – just started to read “The Spontaneous Healing of Belief” on Oct 6, 2018! – remind me to paste in a few snippets

Speaking of remarkable books -

Rethinking madness towards a paradigm shift in our understanding and treatment of psychosis

The full book is available as a PDF download!

More of my recent Google searches -

Greater good kindness

Teaching kindness (pinterest)

Kindness challenge

Also several youtube links from the kindness thread!

Greater good happiness calendar

Mind maps personal growth

Think more creatively

Amazing facts DNA

Notes on bliss happiness

Trans4mind resources

Good reads Tolle quotes

Good reads Michael Singer quotes

Good reads Walsch quotes

Greater good happiness

Happify happiness

Happiness hacks - esp the Tiny Buddha site and well & good also - sometimes it DOES pay 2 look beyond the first couple of Google's results ...

Happiness Pledge - not just the first couple ...

Character traits happiness

Meant to be happy life

Best happiness quotes -of all time

Positivity blog happiness

101 Inspiring happiness quotes

Live Happy magazine

Doing good together kindness

Kindness projects

Continues ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
pinterest Leunig cartoons

pinterest Buddhist cartoons

Tiny Buddha positive thinking

Much more in marc.htm - remind me!

Spirit library love

Spirit library Ann Albers

Tolle smile at the voice in your head

Mindfulness importance of a breakdown

Laing madness need not be all breakdown

Find Happiness by Embracing All of Your Emotions

Quotes for a mindful day

Happy for no reason

Pema Chodron Foundation articles

Awakening the Buddha Within

Conversations with God – add more – interviews etc …

Seat of the soul study guide

Gary Zukav reverence

Steve Maraboli quotes good reads

Mindfulness curiosity

Open your mind

quotabulary Swami Vivekananda

Amazing facts Human body - the first I click on is fact retriever site - looks impressive ...

Thich mindfulness trainings

Good reads Thich quotes - about 1300 of them!

Mindfulness poetry

Gibberish therapy

Secrets of spiritual happiness is also a great resource!

The book is absolutely free and loads of free resources for you!

Worst Things to Say to Someone Who's Depressed

What I wish people knew about depression

Tips for overcoming depression

Tiny Buddha dealing with depression

webmd healthy living

Life program living well

Friendship skills!

Life skills pinterest - patience curiosity etc etc!

Meditation human potential?

Creative meditation

Cognitive distortions - would-you-believe 50 of them?

Toxic thinking

Universe evidence creation

pinterest curiosity

Life skills patience

Test your intelligence

Self limiting beliefs - includes tiny

Zen habits compassion

World’s happiest man

Tiny Buddha uncomfortable feelings

Transform pain into compassion

Daily positive happiness

Steven Wright – remind me to search for his quotes/jokes!

Good reads Steven Wright quotes

Parenting jokes

Buddha doodles (pinterest)

Greater good cherish our eccentricities

Religious forums daze

That is a few poems from years ago – paste in karma poem?

Nature true love

Sabotaging your own happiness

Beginning today treat everyone dead by midnight

Loving kindness for all life on earth

Friendship pinterest – yet 2 fully explore

Elbert Hubbard friendship

Kids for peace

Kindness evolution (leaders)

Better world quotes

Enlightened beings happiness

Stillnessspeaks.com resources – a HUGE site if I remember correctly!

Lorna Byrne angels

Heal your life gratitude

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sabotage happiness gratitude

VERY first -

Prolific living happiness

Then ...

Kindness collective

Kindness meals for homeless

Adventures in kindness? - some youtube ...

Thought there was more ... guide.htm has HUGE collection apart from the actual text! :)

Why on EARTH would it suggest "Kindness in chalk 2017" as a similar search??

Ah! It is bing ... also comes up with this -

Kindness for the earth - wow - try google too!!! ---->

Mindfulness exercises - for gang?

VERY first - living well mindfulness back to bing??

Prolific living positive affirmations

Truths to nourish your mind (pinterest)

In a very real sense this message is not new
Just one soul's tale of how it finally got through
A belief is an idea you hope is quite true
Allow it to become more real to you

There are many laws which govern our lives
From men in skyscrapers to bees in their hives
One law is karma, you are free to ignore it
If you want a picture, I will try to draw it

The law of karma is a complete mystery to most
They would rather believe in UFO's or a ghost
The law of gravity keeps our little planet spinning
While karma keeps track of losing and winning

If you hate something you only destroy yourself
So why not just leave those poisons on the shelf
Love your enemies - I wouldn't suggest it's easy
I promise it won't make you unbearably queasy

Send out kind thoughts to those who need it most
You can do this as easily as putting jam on your toast
Whatever you send out will return to you one day
Try to bear this in mind whether at work or at play

Karma flows smoothly from one lifetime to the next
This is why we humans are so often perplexed
By events and calamities that defy any explanation
You may find the answer in another incarnation

Like any other law, you are free to ignore it
Every action is the result of another before it
It closely resembles Einstein's theory of relativity
It pervades each and every human activity

I wish you all the best on your karmic travels
And as the mystery of your existence unravels
Think about me as I am thinking about you
You may find it quite an enjoyable thing to do

For gang?? - as a link to thread!

Here's an old poem of mine ...

Cheers!

Ria Strong mental illness

John Watkins mental health - wow! - esp this??? --->

Transpersonal psychology approach psychosis - me????

Transpersonal psychology schizo - for thread!

SO -----> Transpersonal psychologist Melbourne - ndis?? Why not - or AM I cured and NO longer qualify as a "disabled" pensioner!!!

Sandy Jeffs poetry - from New Paradigm - really deserves a spot on the web!!!

Lewis Carrol changed a few times

Also for schiz thread -

"As far as I am concerned, an emotionally healthy individual is one who makes sure that their thoughts & words & deeds are motivated by kindness & compassion as much as they can manage."

"Normal people are the perfect guide on how 2 live. You simply watch what they are doing and then you do the opposite!"

Adversity quotes - such as -

Scott Peck our finest moments

There was more but that is heaps :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Found the awakening in old pile of printouts - you forget ...

Paste in? =

The Awakening
I used to imagine what it would be like to die. One moment alive and the next - you cease to exist. Do you go to Heaven or Hell? A world like this one is a far better preparation for living in Hell than in Heaven. What would happen if you could just go to the supermarket and get little blue pills that would put you permanently and painlessly to sleep? The population would be much smaller. I don't think anyone who kills themselves actually wants to die. What they want is to be better people. Happier people. In a happier world. But they despair of it ever happening. I have schizophrenia. If you have no idea what that is, consider yourself lucky. It has been my constant companion for over 16 years. Words can never come close to describing what it is "like". It is not "like" anything else.

It is a mystery. It is every conceivable Hell rolled into one neat package. It destroys your sense of what is real and who you are. Imagine you are the only person on a plane and someone has turned off the auto-pilot and you have no idea how to fly that plane. If you do nothing, the pl ane will crash. If you do the wrong thing, the plane will also crash. Now, imagine that plane is your life, your emotions, your thoughts. You now have some taste of what schizophrenia can be "like". Just a taste. In the early days of my journey through schizophrenia, it required an enormous effort on a daily basis just to keep my head above water. This effort was all-consuming. I simply had no energy left over to even consider the pursuits of happiness which most people take for granted. A job. Marriage. Children. These were all impossible dreams. I was alone in the middle of a vast ocean furiously treading water and eventually I would get so tired that I would surely drown. Why did I even bother with the effort if it was so futile and exhausting? I came to deeply resent my own instincts for survival. Often I was convinced that someone else was controlling my thoughts and emotions. I would wildly speculate as to what the external source is. Aliens, evil spirits, telepathy from other people. Maybe God himself was trying to help but driving me insane inadvertently. Could it be all the people who are labeled as "crazy" are actually in direct contact with a higher level of reality? Does it scramble their minds? Was I being foolish in resisting such an experience, no matter what the source was? These question s would occupy my every waking moment.

There were long periods where I was convinced I was merely dreaming the entire world. That no other human being really existed apart from me. This was an extremely liberating as well as a terrifying thought. How would I ever know what was real and what was just a dream? Did it matter? I would often ask myself why I couldn't manage to dream a more interesting and less violent dream. Maybe I was just a character in somebody else's dream and I would simply die once they awoke. At other times, I felt like the devil himself and that I should definitely be locked away forever or lobotomised if there was even the remotest chance I would act on any of the thoughts in my head. Surely people like me should be quietly put to sleep so we don't disturb the smooth running of this beautiful civilisation. As I continued my journey through the infinite landscape of schizophrenia, I began to believe I was a prophet. The "voices" in my head were giving me a message that would transform the world, if I could only get people to believe me. I seemed to have an instinctive knowledge which had never been taught to me. I "just knew" the entire system of society was fatally flawed. It was painfully obvious to me that any society based on competition would always have problems. Competition creates "winners" and "losers". Yet in the end everybody loses. An enormous amount of negative emotional energy is created. Anger, resentment, depression, envy. These are all inevitable results of such a system. This negative emotional energy is very real and fills the environment. It seeps into every corner of the world like the pollution in the air we all breathe.

Surely it would require nothing short of divine intervention to fundamentally alter the current system. If so, what was this divine source waiting for? How bad did the world have to get before it would step in and fix things up? How many millions would have to starve or die in wars before the transformation would take place. I had a curious thought. Perhaps the divine source was inside every one of us, just waiting to be released.

But who would listen to a psychiatric patient? And even if they did, would it make any difference? By conforming to a monstrous society, have we not all become monsters already? Perhaps some are simply more monstrous than others. In time, I came to discover that psychosis could create ecstasy as well as agony. Ecstasy so exquisite that it is indescribable. Ecstasy that is so addictive it consumes your every waking thought. Once I discovered this fact, it became my mission in life to find a way of fine-tuning my psychosis so that it produced far more ecstasy than agony. I fully realised I was playing with fire and could very easily destroy myself in the process. I even discussed my theories with psychiatrists who rather predictably t old me I was seeking to do the impossible. This only spurred me on. If their wretchedly limited minds advised me against it, then I must be onto something. I felt like one of Arthur's Knights in search of the Holy Grail. At times, I lost all confidence and a little voice inside my head would say, "Geoff you are not a prophet sent from God. This is all just a sick, twisted fantasy created by your subconscious to help you cope with the fact that you have a defective personality which doesn't enable you to deal with people in an enjoyable manner and get close to them." So I would make another attempt at "rehabilitation" back into a society that I knew was just as lost as I was. These attempts were generally half-hearted for many reasons. I could never shake the maddening thought that maybe I was giving up my quest just when the Grail was within reach. I also figured that my quest had already done untold damage to my conscious and subconscious mind that I would never be able to re-enter modern society in any truly meaningful fashion. Maybe I would somehow have to learn to live in this limbo state. So I found myself back inside a psychiatric hospital. This was just perfect, I thought. I never expected to be back in a place like this. Maybe this time things would be different. Waves of absurd optimism rolled over me. Sitting in the lounge room, I wrote a poem but it didn't turn out quite the way I had pictured it in my head: I told the doctor my soul was hurting, He gave me pills to calm my brain, Then he made sure the staff were alerting They must all think that I'm insane.

Continues ....

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A million thoughts rattled through my mind and for once I decided not to fight them or even analyse them but just let them happen. It felt
like a very Zen thing to do:

"I am the implausible"

"I am living inside the plastic dreams of the insane."

"Don't bother me just at the moment, I'm trying to rearrange the thought patterns of the entire human race. It's very tricky work." "I was a beautiful madman, walking through the 12th century"

"Where is my life and where is my lifetime"

"Crazy people are the only ones worth talking to. The others should be avoided like the plague. Just being near them can deaden your brain."

"I'm waiting for the day when we all take a vow of silence and communicate by telepathy."

"I'm not a madman. I am the ghost of your lifetimes."

" Twelve is my name and twelve is my number. Twelve is twelve and twelve is the only number."

"Can we ever know if our lives are real?"

"How many ways can a man be insane? How many ways can a man walk through a train?"

"I'm not mad and I'm not insane. I have lions and tigers in my brain."

"Here doggie. What's your little number"

"I'm not in your reality at the moment. I am away with the fairies and I may not be coming back for a long time."

"I have lived a thousand lives. I could bounce on a thousand knives."

"Normality is actually the most bizarre and dangerous cult on the planet."

"Life is weird and you are the weirdest."

"Tell me why my life is so strange. Tell me why things never really change."

"I am part of the beneficial nightmare of life."

"Show me what kind of world I would ever need to live in."

"I don't really want to be a genius. I'd much rather be an ordinary person in a society that I didn't regard as hopelessly warped."

"Schizophrenia is an ever-changing kaleidoscope of realities. You are in fact living every conceivable lifetime simultaneously."

I didn't manage to record them all on paper. Whose thoughts were these? Were they mine? They seemed to bubble up from nowhere. They made no sense and yet they made perfect sense to me. Was someone reprogramming my entire consciousness? If so< I would be foolish to resist. I was terrified, intrigued and exhilarated all at once. With my mind still in overdrive, I start talking to John again. My mind tossed around an interesting philosophical debate. If someone is delusional, is it okay to feed that delusion if that makes them interested in you and brings them some enjoyment. John was obviously interested in astronomy, so I told him I was an alien and he laughed out loud. It was good to see someone laugh in this place. I went on to tell him that my race of aliens live inside a black hole. I cannot function in society any longer. My mind has merged with the fabric of the universe and it will shatter into a million pieces if this situation is changed. My inhibitions and fears have dissolved. I have become the universal soldier.

If you know the truth, it will shatter your mind and you will be committed. If you merge with the truth you will be cured. On the third day, I rose again. I rose from my bed at 6 AM having had barely three hour's sleep. This meant a total of possibly 10 hours sleep in the previous 5 days. Generally, I would expect to be exhausted in such circumstances. However I decided to allow myself the possibility that exhaustion was not necessarily going to occur. After breakfast I walked outside and onto the tennis court. What followed was absolutely THE most mind-blowing experience of my entire life. I walked continuously around the outer perimeter of the court for what seemed like several hours but was most likely only about 45 minutes. I opened my mind to a million realities and embraced them all simultaneously without conscious effort. I knew everything and nothing. I became everybody and nobody. It made no sense and it made perfect sense. I could see every even t of my entire life all at once and I knew the reason for all of them. It was as if karma was a river and I could see it flowing through the hills and valleys of my existence on this planet. I felt connected to every living creature and wished to help them in any way I could imagine. I did whatever I could to help those around me. I helped someone with some new batteries for their Walkman. I found I had not needed to turn my own Walkman on at all since I was so busy absorbing the atmosphere around me. I made little gestures and waved to people spontaneously and greeted people several times throughout the course of each day. Simple gestures like a "thumbs up" or a wave made people smile. If you act this way in "normal" society, people think you "strange" or at least eccentric. What a sha me.

I walked out onto the tennis court again and I could feel the trees growing. I reflected on the fact that people all too rarely live "in the moment". To be blissfully unaware of the events of the past or any need to plan for the future. It is a beautiful idea but unrealistic in such a frantic society. There are things to be done. Appointments to keep. Responsibilities to be taken care of. We have made our lives a lot more complicated than they need to be. A lot more complex than is healthy for us. Deep down , our hearts, our minds and our souls are screaming out for a simpler time when people co-operated rather than competed, where they united instead of dividing, where they cared for each other rather than surviving any way they can. Where they felt part of nature rather than trying to exploit it and conquer it. I had no idea if it is even possible to return to such a time. I started to wish that I had magical powers. A life of absolute spontaneity every second is surely an impossible dream. Or is it? I wondered. If something can be imagined then there must be some way to make it happen. Perhaps just daring to imagine the "impossible" was all that was required. Surrounded by all these beautiful but fragile souls, I wanted to reach inside every one of them and remove their pain. Even if that meant I would have to absorb it into my own soul. Now that all my fears had dissolved, it was as if I was seeing for the first time. I looked into the eyes of everyone around me with no hint of hesitation or reluctance from either end. I could see God in all of those eyes. I knew I could never view the world or myself the same way ever again. This experience of being able to see God in other people's eyes has become a frustratingly rare since my return to the outside world. My dream is that one day everyone will see God in themselves and in every person they meet. Maybe one day soon. Maybe I am just a dreamer. Maybe. I realise very few people will see my tale as anything other than an overactive imagination. Possibly that is all that it is. If you imagine something strongly enough then maybe it simply becomes real. If this is madness, then everyone should be mad. As I write these words, I am so "together" it is almost scary. It would indeed be scary if I did not have a deep, inexpressible, unexplainable conviction that this experience has a divine origin. There is no ego in me at the moment. No jealousy. No envy. No insecurity. No fear. No resentment. I remember vividly what t was like when I did feel all those negative emotions but it just that. Just a memory. This sounds like an impossible dream and I would once have laughed out loud at anyone who dared express su ch sentiments. I am not saying I have all the answers - I wish I did.

So, there it is. The tale of my soul's awakening. A tale too preposterous to be fiction. If you find it hard to believe, I completely understand. Having experienced it first hand, I still struggle to believe it myself. In the weeks since, I have since discovered that a soul doesn't necessarily stay awake. There are many things in the modern world that can put a soul to sleep again. Falling in love is the spark that wakes up most souls. I had to wait until I fell in love with the entire universe. I l u with a poem that comes close to capturing the way I felt in Acacia ward during those seven days.

One Man's Heaven
I write this little poem as I sit
I'm in Acacia ward until I split
Surrounded by the maddest folk
It is the sweetest, most ironic joke

I'm actually living in another world
Where dreams and magic are unfurled
The people in here have no greed or hate
They all have learned the way to wait

Waiting for the coming of the sun
Knowing they are truly all one
We laugh along with all the staff
My best mate thinks he's a giraffe

I gladly watch over these fragile souls
Some think their minds are full of holes
They cannot handle the jungle outside
This is their refuge where they can hide

They hide not from themselves of course
We are all connected to one pure source
Our hearts and minds have merged with each other
I call every one in here my soul-brother

If you want to join us, please feel free
This really is the safest place to be
Surrounded by such understanding
You'll find we are never ever demanding

You'll never know who you might meet
If you take a walk down our secret street
Please visit us if you get the chance
We may even teach your soul to dance

Geoff Allen June 1999
Back to main page

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Very same day - reading some old printouts -

Things you can control

Twyman beloved disciple

Jacqueline Ripstein Mary

Prayers for peace

Ascension of the Planetary consciousness

Ascension of the Planet?

The Madman!!!! - google it?? or attach???

Improve your self esteem

Leunig near death experience

Leunig prayer for friends

I thought there was even MORE ... Twyman alone! The timing is uncanny!

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Earth ascension ...

Ascension comes with certain side effects. When the process begins you may feel weird in different ways. Changes are occurring on all levels of your being. These can be experienced on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. You are going through an energetic reboot. There can be digestive problems, your diet may naturally change. You may want to eat in new ways. This is not a conscious thing more you body just shifting. There can be strange head sensations. Changes in hearing or an increased sensitivity to sound. The same can apply to bright lights. Changes in sleep patterns with waves of extreme fatigue that can come and go unexpectedly. General body aches and pains, including tension and soreness. Sporadic bursts of increased energy. Feeling hyper-active at times. Sudden anxiety, panic attacks for no apparent reason, accelerated mental energy, racing or scattered thoughts. Feeling Intense or unusual vibrations. Also intense emotions that come and go. A need for more personal space. Feeling more drawn to be in nature and in more serene environments. A lack of mental focus, feeling scattered, brain fog and being unusually forgetful. The list continues. I recommend you doing a search on the internet for Ascension Symptoms. There is plenty of information out there.

Comes from this site -

ASCENSION NEWS – What on Earth is Happening Here on Planet Earth! ⋆ The Soul Matrix

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the Muses, believing that technique alone will make him a good poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the performances of the inspired madman.”

~ Socrates