• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi Arabia offers to build 200 mosques in Germany for refugees

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
I can't help but feel that if Turkey had been allowed to intervene directly, this wouldn't of been so bad. Form a Syrian Liberation Army from the refugees, they certainly have enough of them, and set up a friendly government. Worst-case scenario, peace is restored to the border-areas and the refugees have a place to go.

MD

qualiaphile
I can't help but feel that if Turkey had been allowed to intervene directly, this wouldn't of been so bad. Form a Syrian Liberation Army from the refugees, they certainly have enough of them, and set up a friendly government. Worst-case scenario, peace is restored to the border-areas and the refugees have a place to go.

Why would Turkey intervene directly? ISIS is damaging PKK and other Kurdish militias in ways Turkish generals could only dream of.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I don't think it's that easy. ISIS could have spies, vandals and agent planted within the refugees. There is absolutely no way to tell who's and who's not so in those refugees. Besides, they are civilians and I believe current warfare is not as it used to be in the past. Now it requires intensive training and playing much video games. That's what I see in the movies, at least. Wait, am I getting off-topic?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
As for how it goes with Saudi Arabia, since like two month ago, it's been religious seasons here. People from all over the world come here and nothing stops them as long as they have a permit to perform those religious practices. This alone is a great opportunity for vandals and hooligans to enter and cause almost permanent destruction. I'm really worried here. It did happen before that terrorists took over the sanctuary in Makkah and cause the death of many people. I honestly fear that the crisis of the falling crane happened last week is related. I mean, it happened in day 9/11 too.

Dunno. I think I better go back to Streets of Rage Remake. That game is awesome!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The USA has currently got millions and millions of 3rd world refugees. Most are from Mexico. We are having a tough time dealing with those people. And they are from a culture that is far more compatible with ours than Middle Eastern Muslim culture.

We need to figure out how to do better with them before we start inviting significant numbers of far less compatible people. And we need to be better at screening for problem people.

I am really good with people from anywhere who want to come here and join the culture. I don't want people who want to come here and make it suit them. Muslims seem rather insistent on doing that. We already have enough Christians. We don't need another flavor of religious domination.
Tom
No. That's just wrong. Christians and Yazidis are fleeing from genocide and slavery in the Middle East. They are no threat to us and it is a duty of basic human compassion to give them safe shelter. You realize that the government is letting in many thousands of North and East African and Arab Muslims? My area is being practically flooded with Muslims, many of which are pretty conservative or hardline.

I see people dressed like this on a daily basis in my neighborhood:
article-2172561-0DFFED2A00000578-701_634x444.jpg

28952-131209002226.png

There's a mosque a few blocks up the street from me and another one a few blocks up from that. Those just popped up recently. The Muslim population in my area has grown hugely in the last decade. When I moved to Columbus in the late '90s, I pretty much never saw Muslims. Now they're everywhere, and I'm back living in the same area that I lived in when I moved here. It has changed drastically. My neighbors living right next to me are Sudanese Muslims (except for the wife, who is Christian but she's basically just a slave that pops out babies; she was married off when she was 14 and now she's 22 and pregnant with her 4th child already.)

But we won't accept Christian and Yazidi refugees from the Middle East that are fleeing real threats to their survival?!
US:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/17/yazidi-refugees-flee-isis-but-find-door-to-us-asylum-closed/
Britain:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ot-offering-asylum-to-the-Iraqi-refugees.html

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
No. That's just wrong. Christians and Yazidis are fleeing from genocide and slavery in the Middle East. They are no threat to us and it is a duty of basic human compassion to give them safe shelter. You realize that the government is letting in many thousands of North and East African and Arab Muslims? My area is being practically flooded with Muslims, many of which are pretty conservative or hardline.

I see people dressed like this on a daily basis in my neighborhood:

There's a mosque a few blocks up the street from me and another one a few blocks up from that. Those just popped up recently. The Muslim population in my area has grown hugely in the last decade. When I moved to Columbus in the late '90s, I pretty much never saw Muslims. Now they're everywhere, and I'm back living in the same area that I lived in when I moved here. It has changed drastically. My neighbors living right next to me are Sudanese Muslims (except for the wife, who is Christian but she's basically just a slave that pops out babies; she was married off when she was 14 and now she's 22 and pregnant with her 4th child already.)

But we won't accept Christian and Yazidi refugees from the Middle East that are fleeing real threats to their survival?!
US:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/17/yazidi-refugees-flee-isis-but-find-door-to-us-asylum-closed/
Britain:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ot-offering-asylum-to-the-Iraqi-refugees.html
One could argue that the problem is the numbers involved. From a resources-expended-for-people-saved viewpoint, taking in the majority is going to save way more people than if we focused on minorities. If it were up to me, I'd be doing the same thing. A 1,000 dead Syrian Christians is terrible, but less-terrible than 20,000+ dead Syrian Muslims who didn't get picked up because we were trying to find needles in the haystack of human suffering.

suncowiam

Why don't we forget the religious context for a second and just realize that these folks are refugees fleeing for their lives?

That's what happens when there is a civil war and oppression. Stop rooting for your favorite religion or non-religion and just help out another human being whatever their background is.

No, I can't guarantee every refugee will not be a spy, or a hardline religious fanatic that won't convert to western ideals. Does that mean we exclude all the refugees from a chance at survival due to fear and hate?

I'd be a hypocrite being a refugee myself to deny this. Luckily, someone wasn't so fearful of my potential communist background by sponsoring me and the thousands of thousands of other Vietnamese during the late 70s and early 80s.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Why don't we forget the religious context for a second and just realize that these folks are refugees fleeing for their lives?

That's what happens when there is a civil war and oppression. Stop rooting for your favorite religion or non-religion and just help out another human being whatever their background is.

No, I can't guarantee every refugee will not be a spy, or a hardline religious fanatic that won't convert to western ideals. Does that mean we exclude all the refugees from a chance at survival due to fear and hate?

I'd be a hypocrite being a refugee myself to deny this. Luckily, someone wasn't so fearful of my potential communist background by sponsoring me and the thousands of thousands of other Vietnamese during the late 70s and early 80s.
Most of refugees are Muslims , they are runing from civil war and terrorism that created in Syria and Iraq and Libya

We Muslims are the most victimes of terrorism and most fighting of terrorism , that's all because intervention of West and Gulf states in ME .

suncowiam

Most of refugees are Muslims , they are runing from civil war and terrorism that created in Syria and Iraq and Libya

We Muslims are the most victimes of terrorism and most fighting of terrorism , that's all because intervention of West and Gulf states in ME .

Yes, its a mess, but, finger pointing won't solve this issue.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Yes, its a mess, but, finger pointing won't solve this issue.

i finger pointing , because the support of West and Kings of oil to rebels in Syria is still existing .

so when they stop supply the rebels (99% of them are terrorists) , so that problem will end , so refugees will comeback to Syria .

So after 4 years of suppling rebels against Assad regime , i can say West and his follwers (kings of oil) are failed in Syria :
1- creating wave of terrorists .
2- Bashar Assad is still the leader
3- thousand of refugees come across to Europe , which hurt their economies .

i can say two major victimes in this political game : are Syrian people and Islam reputation .

suncowiam

i finger pointing , because the support of West and Kings of oil to rebels in Syria is still existing .

so when they stop supply the rebels (99% of them are terrorists) , so that problem will end , so refugees will comeback to Syria .

So after 4 years of suppling rebels against Assad regime , i can say West and his follwers (kings of oil) are failed in Syria :

i can say two major victimes in this political game : are Syrian people and Islam reputation .

I see your point. Ending the civil war will eventually stop the exodus. However, I can't comment further on the source. I have no clue.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member

Right on almost everything, except I heard some Germans saying the influx of refugees is predicted to help their economies by providing (cheap) labour.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
My guess is many of the Syrian refugees are highly educated, so not all of that refugee labour will be "cheap". But basically ethnic Germans are having less babies, and their population is going down, right when they need more skilled and unskilled workers. I just hope the refugees don't end up being taken advantage of economically, much the way Immigrant Hispanics are taken advantage of here in California.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
One could argue that the problem is the numbers involved. From a resources-expended-for-people-saved viewpoint, taking in the majority is going to save way more people than if we focused on minorities. If it were up to me, I'd be doing the same thing. A 1,000 dead Syrian Christians is terrible, but less-terrible than 20,000+ dead Syrian Muslims who didn't get picked up because we were trying to find needles in the haystack of human suffering.
I'm not saying we shouldn't let Muslim refugees in, but I'm saying that we should let Christian and Yazidi refugees in, too.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
My guess is many of the Syrian refugees are highly educated, so not all of that refugee labour will be "cheap". But basically ethnic Germans are having less babies, and their population is going down, right when they need more skilled and unskilled workers. I just hope the refugees don't end up being taken advantage of economically, much the way Immigrant Hispanics are taken advantage of here in California.
I hope the language barrier doesn't create a problem. Many high skilled Arabs are very productive but their language skills are bad. I know this because where I work we have high caliber engineers with really bad English skills. With German language in the equation, it could be more complicated. Syrian refugees in Saudi Arabia are luckier because of the their mother tongue.