• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi Arabia offers to build 200 mosques in Germany for refugees

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
do you agree with me that this article is aimed refugees much more than Saudi Arabia ?
I mean whatever the sponsor of Mosques , the refugees are the subject .
I don't think the article was aimed at the refugees.
If the reason for the lie was to draw attention to the Saudi Arabian response to the refugee problem it was very successful.
That is what this thread was mainly about, was it not?
Tom

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Its like you've been spoofed by the Onion, and you response is to sit there and say, "It really is a very important article" instead of "I was spoofed"

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I don't think the article was aimed at the refugees.
If the reason for the lie was to draw attention to the Saudi Arabian response to the refugee problem it was very successful.
That is what this thread was mainly about, was it not?
Tom
I disagree , the main subject theses days is refugees.

this lie about Saudi Arabia 200 Mosques , used to support the view of anti-Islam and Muslims .

i notice that when you tag me , you ask me about refugees NOT Saudi Arabia .#12

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
columbus

We get illusioned that its about Saudi Arabia , but actualy the main subject is refugees .

Saudi Arabia may aimed because the Lebaness Website was anti-Saudi site .

do you agree that Algeria or Egypt or Kuwiet build 200 Mosques for refugees ?

you will have the same reaction ;)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Its like you've been spoofed by the Onion, and you response is to sit there and say, "It really is a very important article" instead of "I was spoofed"
Was this swipe aimed at me personally? Or at everyone who has an interest in the refugees situation?
It is hard to tell who you are feeling smugly superior to.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I disagree , the main subject theses days is refugees.

this lie about Saudi Arabia 200 Mosques , used to support the view of anti-Islam and Muslims .

The headline and first paragraph of that story was a lie about Saudi Arabia. That's why I think it was mainly about Saudi Arabian policies.
The rest was information about the refugees that could have come from many sources. It was much less important to me, and I doubt that Mazadaian would have bothered posting the link if it weren't for the lie about Saudi Arabia.

Tom

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Honestly, political lies are all over the media and Saudi Arabia is one place that keeps their news hidden from the world as much as possible. It's really weird how some people rush to judge what they don't like once they hear any possible criticism about it.

Also, at some point here on RF many say that Muslim countries don't care for Muslim refugees, and now so suddenly they say and believe that KSA offered building 200 mosques for them. Double standard? Or maybe double cheese burger :p

Say, anyone knows anything good about Saudi Arabia?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Say, anyone knows anything good about Saudi Arabia?
You! :)
Just as when I criticize the USA I am not referring to every single person here, criticizing SA doesn't mean every Saudi.
But I am afraid to tag you in discussions because I don't know what will get you in trouble with the Saudi authorities.
Tom

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
You! :)
Just as when I criticize the USA I am not referring to every single person here, criticizing SA doesn't mean every Saudi.
But I am afraid to tag you in discussions because I don't know what will get you in trouble with the Saudi authorities.
Tom

Thank you, and for worrying about me :)

Well I'm giving compliments actually :D

KSA provides free medical treatment, reduced gas prices even in crises times, free education, salaries for college students, salaries for families with dead benefactors, salaries for those looking for jobs (both genders), land giveaways, no benefit loans, bonus salaries every once in a while, married women always kept their family names, canceling debt of loans in case of death (God forbid), paying for prisoners' private loans, free international scholarships... these are what I remember for now. My point is, the media keeps looking for hiccups for everything, and when it comes to an Arabic speaking country with very small numbers of good English speakers, it is even worse for not having locals to talk about it worldwide.

dust1n

Zindīq
Yea I figured it was legit after seeing it in the independent and Dawkins going ballistic...next time I'll check the source.

I was surprised myself. I don't trust IBT, and publications by the company, for a couple reasons, mainly being owned by a Christian cult-esque entity. But generally speaking they do pull off the proper rules of writing an article. Now I'll have to keep a an eye for them as well.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Why are all these Muslims fleeing to the Christian/ secular west?
They are primarily fleeing the chaos and destruction caused by the Western-caused destruction of Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria, and the power vacuum that this caused created an opening for Western-backed proxy puppets like ISIS and Al-Qaeda to run amuck.

It's not only Muslims, but there's also Christian, Yazidis and people of other religious minorities from the Middle East that are fleeing, but they are having trouble being approved for refugee status by the US for some evil reason.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yea I figured it was legit after seeing it in the independent and Dawkins going ballistic...next time I'll check the source.
You've posted less lately than you used to. I've missed it. You have been a regular source of news that is ignored or downplayed in the English speaking media.
You have generally been so reliable I trusted the story partly because you posted it. This one goof doesn't change that.
I hope you post more:)
Tom

MD

qualiaphile
You've posted less lately than you used to. I've missed it. You have been a regular source of news that is ignored or downplayed in the English speaking media.
You have generally been so reliable I trusted the story partly because you posted it. This one goof doesn't change that.
I hope you post more:)
Tom

Hey Columbus thanks for the kind words, been really busy. Yea it stumped me too, we have to be more careful now. The world is run by several players in the shadows. Will be posting again :)

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
They are primarily fleeing the chaos and destruction caused by the Western-caused destruction of Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria, and the power vacuum that this caus

This is the sort of response I expect from a professional victim. Ignore the question and go straight to blaming your favorite villain.
My question was not "Who are the refugees fleeing?". It was "Why are the refugees fleeing to the secular west?"

They are not trying to get to Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia, the Gulf States, Egypt, or Algeria as far as I know. And by coming to the west they will have to either give up their Islamic culture or remain permanent cultural minorities. That would not be true if they found homes in another Muslim dominated country.

I think what is happening is that Muslims don't want them. They can't get into Algeria or Iran or any of the others. Those people guard their borders better than Italy or Great Britain, because they don't want a bunch of Muslims either and they have less cultural hospitality.

Maybe I am wrong and someone can show me what I am missing here.
Tom

dust1n

Zindīq
Most of the refugees from Syria are youths. Middle East Eye reports 51% of Syrian asylum-seekers are under age 18, and 39% are under age 11. In other words, two out of every five Syrian refugees are children under age 11...

Turkey has taken the most, close to 2 million.

The tiny nation of Lebanon has accepted over 1.1 million Syrian refugees, who now comprise almost one-fifth of its entire population.

Jordan has accepted around 630,000. Approximately one in every 13 people in Jordan is a Syrian refugee.

Lebanon and Jordan now have the most refugees per capita in the world.

In spite of the brutal war being waged inside of its own borders and the growth of ISIS, Iraq has also taken in almost 250,000 Syrian refugees. Most were welcomed by Iraqi Kurdistan, in the north.

US
The US has fueled the conflicts in all five of the nations from which most refugees are fleeing, and it is directly responsible for the violence in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya.

The US’ over a decade-long war in and occupation of Iraq resulted in the deaths of at least a million people, greatly weakened the government, brought al-Qaeda into the country, and led to the rise of ISIS. Over 3.3 million people in Iraq have been displaced because of ISIS.

In Afghanistan, US occupation is ongoing and the war is escalating, in spite of Obama’s constant insistence that it would end by 2014. There are 2.6 million Afghan refugees, according to the UN.

The US-led NATO bombing of Libya destroyed the government, fomenting chaos that led to the rise of ISIS affiliates in northern Africa. Many thousands of Libyans are now fleeing the country, often on dangerous smuggler boats and rafts. The UN estimates there are over 360,000 displaced Libyans.

A coalition of Middle Eastern nations, led by Saudi Arabia, has pummeled Yemen for half a year, leading to the deaths of over 4,500 people. The US has steadfastly backed the coalition, in spite of human rights organizations accusing it of war crimes, including the intentional targeting of civilians and aid buildings. As a result, the UN says there are over 330,000 displaced Yemenis.

In Syria, from which most of the refugees are coming, the US has provided weapons to rebels fighting the government. Since the rise of ISIS, however, the US government has talked much less about toppling Assad, and some have reported “the US and the government of President Bashar al-Assad have even reached an uncomfortable tacit alliance.”

http://stopwar.org.uk/news/guess-which-countries-have-taken-in-zero-refugees-as-60-million-flee-war

Of course, the fact that the US helped cause the mess doesn't mean there aren't evil Muslim people doing terrible things despite of this.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This is the sort of response I expect from a professional victim. Ignore the question and go straight to blaming your favorite villain.
My question was not "Who are the refugees fleeing?". It was "Why are the refugees fleeing to the secular west?"

They are not trying to get to Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia, the Gulf States, Egypt, or Algeria as far as I know. And by coming to the west they will have to either give up their Islamic culture or remain permanent cultural minorities. That would not be true if they found homes in another Muslim dominated country.

I think what is happening is that Muslims don't want them. They can't get into Algeria or Iran or any of the others. Those people guard their borders better than Italy or Great Britain, because they don't want a bunch of Muslims either and they have less cultural hospitality.

Maybe I am wrong and someone can show me what I am missing here.
Tom
"Professional victim"? Wtf?

Anyway, what I've heard is that the Gulf states aren't letting them in and who in their right mind would run to Pakistan? That place is a ****hole.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It's not only Muslims, but there's also Christian, Yazidis and people of other religious minorities from the Middle East that are fleeing, but they are having trouble being approved for refugee status by the US for some evil reason.

The USA has currently got millions and millions of 3rd world refugees. Most are from Mexico. We are having a tough time dealing with those people. And they are from a culture that is far more compatible with ours than Middle Eastern Muslim culture.

We need to figure out how to do better with them before we start inviting significant numbers of far less compatible people. And we need to be better at screening for problem people.

I am really good with people from anywhere who want to come here and join the culture. I don't want people who want to come here and make it suit them. Muslims seem rather insistent on doing that. We already have enough Christians. We don't need another flavor of religious domination.
Tom