• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saudi Arabia offers to build 200 mosques in Germany for refugees

MD

qualiaphile

MD

qualiaphile
Damn check this out http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/q...ng-200-mosques-but-not-accepting-any-refugees

Translation: After the arrival of the number of Syrian and Iraqi refugees to Germany, 800 thousand Syrian and a half million Iraqis. The Saudi "committee" has demanded the committee chieftains of Muslim refugees build 200 mosque for Muslims in Germany. Muslim sheikhs said that Saudi Arabia was ready to build 200 mosques in Germany for refugees, subject to approval by the German authorities, but Municipalities Act imposes a referendum on the establishment of a mosque or not, as well as [restrictions?] on dawn and evening speaker broadcasts as they constitutes a nuisance to non-Muslims under the German law. Saudi Arabia are willing to donate USD 200,000,000 or more according to the announcement of the Emir of Mecca in the name of King Salman.

The article has no source, whatsoever. Moreover, Al Diyar's reputation in Lebanon is that it is biased and politically aligned with Hezbollah and the Assad regime in Syria:

Charles Ayoub, editor-in-chief of Al-Diyar, newspaper generally aligned with Syria and Hezbollah, published a front-page account in which he described accepting financial assistance in return for taking a middle line in his paper’s coverage of two political alliances, the March 14th movement (Western-backed, anti-Syria) and the March 8th movement (pro-Syria).

The "pro-Hezbollah" bias of Aldiyar would make the source unreliable since the relationship between Hezbollah (the Shia) and Saudi Arabia (mostly Sunna) is pretty tense. Hezbollah's leader Nasrallah has recently sent a message to Saudi Arabia saying "enough is enough" referring to the Shiite-Sunni war between Saudi Arabia and Yemen.

Until further evidence is found, we cannot determine if this claim is true or not."

Looks like the media might have played me (and Richard Dawkins) well, although Saudi Arabia has funded several mosques in Europe so I still feel there might be some truth to it. Amazed though that this is an anti sunni article by a shia source.

Last edited:
So if it's a fake story then the Saudis aren't taking in any refugees and aren't offering to build any mosques either.

Paints them in a much better light...

Don't worry though, they certainly are building mosques and madrassas all over the developing world, spreading their merry brand of intolerance and sectarianism to the deleterious effect of the host society.

Such a lovely, benevolent regime.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Looks like the media might have played me (and Richard Dawkins) well, although Saudi Arabia has funded several mosques in Europe so I still feel there might be some truth to it. Amazed though that this is an anti sunni article by a shia source.
yes we got fooled by media ,in this one .

indeed it's fake information and not official .

maybe the author don't know that his article will translated to English and taked by Western media as real , so that will effect on the refugees more than Saudi Arabia .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Damn check this out http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/q...ng-200-mosques-but-not-accepting-any-refugees

Translation: After the arrival of the number of Syrian and Iraqi refugees to Germany, 800 thousand Syrian and a half million Iraqis. The Saudi "committee" has demanded the committee chieftains of Muslim refugees build 200 mosque for Muslims in Germany. Muslim sheikhs said that Saudi Arabia was ready to build 200 mosques in Germany for refugees, subject to approval by the German authorities, but Municipalities Act imposes a referendum on the establishment of a mosque or not, as well as [restrictions?] on dawn and evening speaker broadcasts as they constitutes a nuisance to non-Muslims under the German law. Saudi Arabia are willing to donate USD 200,000,000 or more according to the announcement of the Emir of Mecca in the name of King Salman.

The article has no source, whatsoever. Moreover, Al Diyar's reputation in Lebanon is that it is biased and politically aligned with Hezbollah and the Assad regime in Syria:

Charles Ayoub, editor-in-chief of Al-Diyar, newspaper generally aligned with Syria and Hezbollah, published a front-page account in which he described accepting financial assistance in return for taking a middle line in his paper’s coverage of two political alliances, the March 14th movement (Western-backed, anti-Syria) and the March 8th movement (pro-Syria).

The "pro-Hezbollah" bias of Aldiyar would make the source unreliable since the relationship between Hezbollah (the Shia) and Saudi Arabia (mostly Sunna) is pretty tense. Hezbollah's leader Nasrallah has recently sent a message to Saudi Arabia saying "enough is enough" referring to the Shiite-Sunni war between Saudi Arabia and Yemen.

Until further evidence is found, we cannot determine if this claim is true or not."

Even if the article is fake, that doesn't change the fact that the Gulf's brand of Islam is extremist and bigoted, and it also doesn't change the fact that they don't give a crap about the refugees.

Not much to see there other than yet another facet of the sectarian conflict between Sunni and Shi'a Islam. It's not amazing at all that a Shi'a source wrote an anti-Sunni article, actually.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Even if the article is fake, that doesn't change the fact that the Gulf's brand of Islam is extremist and bigoted, and it also doesn't change the fact that they don't give a crap about the refugees.

Not much to see there other than yet another facet of the sectarian conflict between Sunni and Shi'a Islam. It's not amazing at all that a Shi'a source wrote an anti-Sunni article, actually.

Even if it's fake lol , that make them guilty too lol

this is joke , they "ARE" guilty even IF they innocent, until they "WILL" prove the otherwise :D

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Even if it's fake lol , that make them guilty too lol

this is joke , they "ARE" guilty (even IF you innocent) until they "WILL" prove the otherwise :D

Did you read what I wrote? I'm not talking about the story about the 200 mosques; I'm talking about the Gulf states' actions in general. Yes, they are still guilty of promoting extremism and bigotry even if this story is fake. There are numerous other things they have said and done that clearly show this, such as their rejection of human rights conventions that go against their beliefs.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Did you read what I wrote? I'm not talking about the story about the 200 mosques; I'm talking about the Gulf states' actions in general. Yes, they are still guilty of promoting extremism and bigotry even if this story is fake. There are numerous other things they have said and done that clearly show this, such as their rejection of human rights conventions that go against their beliefs.

that's doest not what i understood , you said even this article is fake .

this article is about 200 mosques .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
that's doest not what i understood , you said even this article is fake .

this article is about 200 mosques .

Yes, what I meant is that even if this particular story is fake, it doesn't make Saudi Arabia innocent of promoting extremism. There are many other examples of their promotion of such that aren't fake at all.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But then, the refugees will need mosques for their worship. Europe can't bar them from their religion. So, perhaps the Saudi offer is reasonable. I suppose Iran will finance Shia mosques.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Yes, what I meant is that even if this particular story is fake, it doesn't make Saudi Arabia innocent of promoting extremism. There are many other examples of their promotion of such that aren't fake at all.

Meanwhile the wonderful USA and EU are spreading peace, love and joy for everyone!!!

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Please notice this article is hurting refugees reputation more than Saudi Arabia reputation , since you said "EVEN if it's fake" , that mean the Saudi may build 200 mosques . so this may make illusion that this article is not fake .

indeed Saudi Arabia is not innocent and West too in this case "refugees", because interventions and direct supply the rebels which most of them are terrorists .

Since i believe Kings of Oil regimes are followers to West , that's make lot of questions , why West accept to be ally to these regimes or let them act like that .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
But then, the refugees will need mosques for their worship. Europe can't bar them from their religion. So, perhaps the Saudi offer is reasonable. I suppose Iran will finance Shia mosques.
that may against the freedom of Europe to had your freedom in worship:p

that in case if refugees become in status of immigrates or citizens , that's up to Europeens authories to allow or not .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Please notice this article is hurting refugees reputation more than Saudi Arabia reputation , since you said "EVEN if it's fake" , that mean the Saudi may build 200 mosques . so this may make illusion that this article is not fake .

I think this is a language barrier issue. I generally dislike pointless arguments over semantics, so I'll just suggest that you re-read the post to try to understand what I actually meant.

indeed Saudi Arabia is not innocent and West too in this case "refugees", because interventions and direct supply the rebels which most of them are terrorists .

Since i believe Kings of Oil regimes are followers to West , that's make lot of questions , why West accept to be ally to these regimes or let them act like that .

I think a lot of developed countries bow down to the Gulf states because of oil. The U.S. particularly comes to mind here, what with its allying itself with those countries. I find that stance obsequious and shameful.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
This is exactly same as I offer sweets of all kind to diabetics who ask for food,never mind it is not what they need and should not.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I think this is a language barrier issue. I generally dislike pointless arguments over semantics, so I'll just suggest that you re-read the post to try to understand what I actually meant.
it's may , as you said loaded answer (not question)
I understand that you said , even IF this article is fake , the Saudi Arabia encouraged terrorism , so Saudi Arabia will may encourage terrorism between refugees in Europe too .

do you agree with me that this article is aimed refugees much more than Saudi Arabia ?
I mean whatever the sponsor of Mosques , the refugees are the subject .

I think a lot of developed countries bow down to the Gulf states because of oil. The U.S. particularly comes to mind here, what with its allying itself with those countries. I find that stance obsequious and shameful.
lol
USA bow down to Gulf states because of oil , since when ?

I believe the inverse which truth , because USA could remove these regimes by power or coupe , USA army and Western armies are in every country in Gulf states , may except (Oman, and Bahrain) ,and they are in Gulf sea too .