• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Saint Nicholas (Antichrist Type Figure)

FFH

Veteran Member
Christmas tree reference found in the prophecies of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 10

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

SANTA = SATAN ?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Come on FFH...

Nicholas was a Saint, and was known for secret gift-giving... He is most certainly not an antichrist figure... which is defined in the Bible...

"Who is a liar, but he that denieth Jesus is Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and Son."

The final antichrist will do the same thing, act like Christ
Then we, all Christians, are antichrist figures... as we all strive to act like Christ...

Saint Nicholas never tried to be a substitution for Jesus, he tried to live in his savior's way the best he could...

Come on FFH...

Nicholas was a Saint, and was known for secret gift-giving... He is most certainly not an antichrist figure... which is defined in the Bible...

"Who is a liar, but he that denieth Jesus is Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and Son."

Then we, all Christians, are antichrist figures... as we all strive to act like Christ...

Saint Nicholas never tried to be a substitution for Jesus, he tried to live in his savior's way the best he could...

Beautifully put. :)

FFH

Veteran Member
Come on FFH...

Old Nick Informal Satan
Old Nick The Devil; Satan.
Old Nick - definition of Old Nick by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Last edited:

What you have posted has nothing to do with Saint Nicholas, just your own twisted delusions.

Christian Teaching about the Devil - Wikipedia

In Christian tradition

Christian tradition differs from that of Christian demonology in that Satan, Lucifer, Leviathan and Beelzebub all are names that refer to "the Devil", and Prince of this World, The Beast and Dragon (and rarely Serpent or The Old Serpent) use to be elliptic forms to refer to him. The Enemy, The Evil One and The Tempter are other elliptic forms to name the Devil. Belial is held by many to be another name for the Devil. Christian demonology, in contrast, does not have several nicknames for Satan.

It should be noted that the name Mephistopheles is used by some people to refer to the Devil, but it is a mere folkloric custom, and has nothing to do with Christian demonology and Christian tradition. Prince of Darkness and Lord of Darkness are also folkloric names, although they tend to be incorporated to Christian tradition.

In English, the Devil has a number of epithets, including Old Scratch, Old Nick and others.

Old Nick

Nick or Old Nick is a well-known appellation of the Devil. The name appears to have been derived from the Dutch Nikken, the devil, which again comes from the Anglo-Saxon nac-an, to slay--for as Wachter says the devil was "a murderer from the beginning." In the northern countries there is a river spirit named "Neck," "Nikke," or "Nokke" of the same nature as the water Kelpie, and the Merman of Triton. A.G.H.

Old Nick (the devil) has nothing at all to do with Saint Nicholas the Christian saint. If you actually took the time to do a quick Google search, you would see that Old Nick the devil and St. Nicholas are two different beings.

Saint Nicholas - Wikipedia

Saint Nicholas (Greek: Άγιος Νικόλαος , Agios Nikolaos, "victory of the people") (270 - 6 December 346) is the common name for Nicholas of Myra, a saint and Bishop of Myra (in Lycia, part of modern-day Turkey).

Because of the many miracles attributed to his intercession, he is also known as Nicholas the Wonderworker. He had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, and thus became the model for Santa Claus, whose English name comes from the German Sankt Niklaus.

His reputation evolved among the faithful, as is common for early Christian saints.In 1087, his relics were furtively translated to Bari, in southern Italy; for this reason, he is also known as Nicholas of Bari.

The historical Saint Nicholas is remembered and revered among Catholic and Orthodox Christians. He is also honoured by various Anglican and Lutheran churches. Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of sailors, merchants, archers, and children, and students in Greece, Belgium, Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia, Russia, the Republic of Macedonia, Slovakia, Serbia and Montenegro. He is also the patron saint of Barranquilla, Bari, Amsterdam, Beit Jala, and Liverpool. In 1809, the New-York Historical Society convened and retroactively named Sancte Claus the patron saint of Nieuw Amsterdam, the Dutch name for New York City. He was also a patron of the Varangian Guard of the Byzantine emperors, who protected his relics in Bari.

Last edited:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
There's no point in trying to post real facts about stuff. FFH will just ignore it and keep post ignorant propaganda and find ways to Bash and flame things he's knows nothing about at all.

FFH

Veteran Member
Old Nick - (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell
Old Nick - definition of Old Nick by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

"Jolly old St Nick"

The devil laughs at our stupidity.

3 Nephi 9: 2 (Book of Mormon)
Wo, wo, wo unto this people; wo unto the inhabitants of the whole earth except they shall repent; for the devil laugheth, and his angels rejoice, because of the slain of the fair sons and daughters of my people; and it is because of their iniquity and abominations that they are fallen!

Last edited:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Saint Nicholas is not an abomination...

Are you saying that Saint Nicholas was not a historical Christian? Are you saying the historical Saint Nicholas was a satanist?

Are you differentiating between the modern red suited, reindeer flying, Santa Clause and Saint Nicholas, or are you saying both are evil?

Old Nick - (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God; tempter of mankind; master of Hell

"Jolly old St Nick"!

Your lyrics are incorrect,

Jolly Old St. Nicholas

Jolly old Saint Nicholas,
Lean your ear this way!
Don't you tell a single soul
What I'm going to say;
Christmas Eve is coming soon;
Now, you dear old man,
Whisper what you'll bring to me;
Tell me if you can.

When the clock is striking twelve,
When I'm fast asleep,
Down the chimney broad and black,
With your pack you'll creep;
All the stockings you will find
Hanging in a row;
Mine will be the shortest one,
You'll be sure to know.

Johnny wants a pair of skates;
Susy wants a dolly;
Nellie wants a story book;
She thinks dolls are folly;
As for me, my little brain
Isn't very bright;
Choose for me, old Santa Claus,
What you think is right.

As you see, not once in the song is "Old Nick" used. This song refers to Saint Nicholas, the Christian saint, not the devil.

The devil laughs at our stupidity.

He is probably laughing at you because he's gotten you to take this conspiracy theory (Saint Nicholas = Devil) more seriously then you take your actual religious doctrine.

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." (Mosiah 2:17)

Are you doing that FFH?

"But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?" (James 2:20)

It seems like your "devil" has gotten you to worry about things that won't even matter instead of doing something that does matter.

logician

Actually, there's more evidence that Santa Clause exists, that the supposed Jesus.

He watches when you're sleeping.

FFH

Veteran Member
Saint Nicholas is not an abomination...

Are you saying that Saint Nicholas was not a historical Christian? Are you saying the historical Saint Nicholas was a satanist?

Are you differentiating between the modern red suited, reindeer flying, Santa Clause and Saint Nicholas, or are you saying both are evil?
I NEVER ONCE mentioned the Catholic Saint Nicholas in this thread.

This thread is about the twisted man made mythical saint Nick.

Old Nick (Satan/Santa)

FFH

Veteran Member
It's just amazing how people defend a person that doesn't exist.

Satan is just laughing hysterically. I don't blame him, such ignorance never ceases to amaze.

What awaits those who put their trust in antichristian icons is no laughing matter though.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I NEVER ONCE mentioned the Catholic Saint Nicholas in this thread.

This thread is about the twisted man made mythical saint Nick.

Old Nick (Satan/Santa)

Those Myth are also based on Pagan Culture. So now once again you go about call other people culture and beliefs Satanic. It's doesn't surprise me with all your ignorance. Read up.

FFH

Veteran Member
Those Myth are also based on Pagan Culture. So now once again you go about call other people culture and beliefs Satanic. It's doesn't surprise me with all your ignorance. Read up.

狐 (きつね) Fox
狼 (おおかみ) Wolf

Satan is the fox, the ravening wolf.
Jesus is the lamb that was slain.

Last edited:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
狐 (きつね) Fox
狼 (おおかみ) Wolf

Satan is the fox, the ravening wolf.
Jesus is the lamb that was slain.

Yes I know what my title means. But what does that have to do with you bashing of other peoples beliefs. Do you think you are the only one that the rules don't apply to because you say you follow Jesus. All you do is post stuff that HATES on everyone else beliefs.