• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rolling Blackouts in Michigan Coming

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not their job to worry about your electrical needs.

The government, maybe. It'd be nice if they thought ahead but no guarantee.
Better not to rely entirely on the governments.

They profit from your electrical needs, maybe they should consider their customers, their shareholders will appreciate it in the long run

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is just one more state that can't keep up with electrical demand. This is an ongoing problem that is going to get worse thanks to misguided Democrat policies limiting fossil fuel production and use.

In the midst of this crisis these geniuses are pushing the production of EVs which will further strain our power grid.

Renewable energy dependence could lead to rolling blackouts in Michigan this summer | Fox News

Ignoring the Texas disaster I see and decrying progress because it will cause stress. Classic.

A year after Texas cold spell, study shows renewable energy could help prevent blackouts

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
They profit from your electrical needs, maybe they should consider their customers, their shareholders will appreciate it in the long run

Yes, I was thinking not a requirement to keep you happy but they could certainly benefit from having more electricity to sell you.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
How do you explain Texas? How their power grid is failing, in a resolutely Republican state? Something tells me that political party is not germane to energy infrastructure...

Reliance on renewable energy. Them silly republicans.

They had an ice storm or cold front and froze the wind turbines.
In colder climes they can install heaters to prevent the turbines from freezing over. Texas probably thought they save money by not installing heaters.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
This is just one more state that can't keep up with electrical demand. This is an ongoing problem that is going to get worse thanks to misguided Democrat policies limiting fossil fuel production and use.

In the midst of this crisis these geniuses are pushing the production of EVs which will further strain our power grid.

Renewable energy dependence could lead to rolling blackouts in Michigan this summer | Fox News
Um, since I live here, let me just say that the above is misleading as we have a working agreement with Canada whereas we buy hydro at times in the summer and they sometimes buy our electricity in the winter when their consumption is at the highest. We've had this agreement for decades now.

BTW, since you again use a right-wing source, namely the Fox Propaganda Channel, your mind-numbing bias is again showing. Of the numerous independent fact checks on major news channels,Fox came out the least reliable followed by MSNBC, and PBS NewsHour came out the most accurate followed by CNN.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I thought Republican states were smart. Just build them yourself and sell the power to the Democratic states. Problem solved. I am a functional Democrat and I figured that out in minute.
That just goes up to Canada and they send it back at interest. *grin*

tytlyf

Not Religious

Nope, has nothing to do with renewable energy. Try better sources other than Fox and ALEC.

Michigan might see controlled power outages this summer | wzzm13.com
American Legislative Exchange Council - SourceWatch
ALEC Exposed

ChristineM

Premium Member

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Investment in what?
Excerpted....
The plan includes a multi-billion-dollar investment to combat power outages due to a global increase in storm frequency and strength. These investments include increased automation, self-healing circuits, pole maintenance, tree trimming, and projects that modernize the grid’s oldest infrastructure, especially for our most vulnerable customers. In addition, DTE is planning pilot projects to study the cost and benefits of non-wire alternatives, like energy storage, and burying existing overhead power lines in residential areas.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Excerpted....
The plan includes a multi-billion-dollar investment to combat power outages due to a global increase in storm frequency and strength. These investments include increased automation, self-healing circuits, pole maintenance, tree trimming, and projects that modernize the grid’s oldest infrastructure, especially for our most vulnerable customers. In addition, DTE is planning pilot projects to study the cost and benefits of non-wire alternatives, like energy storage, and burying existing overhead power lines in residential areas.

Sticking plaster then. At least it's something, but apparently not working... Yet

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sticking plaster then. At least it's something, but apparently not working... Yet
How would you know about power reliability
here in our corner of the world?
We've had no power outages this year. DTE
& others are investing in improvements to
increase reliability. It makes sense.

BTW, no system is perfect. I've read of such
outages even in France. (People were furious
that a Jerry Lewis movie was interrupted.)
Are you in a 3rd world country?
Concern about power outages: France starts the coal-fired power plants | tellerreport.com

ChristineM

Premium Member
How would you know about power reliability
here in our corner of the world?
We've had no power outages this year. DTE
& others are investing in improvements to
increase reliability. It makes sense.

BTW, no system is perfect. I've read of such
outages even in France. (People were furious
that a Jerry Lewis movie was interrupted.)
Are you in a 3rd world country?
Concern about power outages: France starts the coal-fired power plants | tellerreport.com

This thread is about proposed power outages in Michigan.

As for france, we get them all the time but no ones creates threads griping that it's a political move