• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"republican war on women"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Except it's not just abortion Revoltingest, It's contraception in general, wanting to defund planned parenthood Holding a panel about birth control without any women on the panel or in hearings, trying to redefine rape, etc.
I now offer the "war on reproductive liberty".

Tis necessary to keep women out of hearings.
They're prone to crying & needing hugs.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
In the US (subject country) "economic libertarians" are simply "libertarians".

"Libertarian" implies that they are for both social and economic freedoms. Since republicans, conservative christians in particular, are social authoritarians, they cannot be labeled simply "libertarian".

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's not just an attack on reproductive rights. It's an attack on equal pay for women too. In fact, it appears to be an attack on many things that benefit women. One might even call it a "war on women" without being too far from the mark given today's use of language.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
It's not just an attack on reproductive rights. It's an attack on equal pay for women too. In fact, it appears to be an attack on many things that benefit women. One might even call it a "war on women" without being too far from the mark given today's use of language.

Perhaps we need to start compiling a definitive list of all the policies that the republican party has enacted or tried to enact or other things they've done that directly affect women.

For starters can bring up any articles on the "equal pay for women"?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Except it's not just abortion Revoltingest, It's contraception in general, wanting to defund planned parenthood Holding a panel about birth control without any women on the panel or in hearings, trying to redefine rape, etc.

Exactly....this is what I'm getting at....

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
"Libertarian" implies that they are for both social and economic freedoms. Since republicans, conservative christians in particular, are social authoritarians, they cannot be labeled simply "libertarian".

Yep, which is why it's interesting to see Ron Paul's name on the same bill with Santorum, Gingrich and Perry regarding "Personhood"

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Sure it's more dramatic to make it a war between 2 genders, but it's more accurate to call it what it is.
Just a minor quibble, but the term "war on women" doesn't imply that it's men vs women. You can have a war on women waged by both female and male participants that are primarily affiliated with another group, say Republicans, that has nothing to do with gender.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Just a minor quibble, but the term "war on women" doesn't imply that it's men vs women. You can have a war on women waged by both female and male participants that are primarily affiliated with another group, say Republicans, that has nothing to do with gender.
I agree, & have even made this point.
It's absurd that Republican women would want to have a war on women.

Alceste

Vagabond
Since when has something being absurd meant that people won't do it?

I found FH's article described some pretty absurd behavior in the form of substantial numbers of pro-life picketers harassing women entering an abortion clinic, popping in through the back door for their own abortion, then rejoining the picket line the next day.

Who says Republican women aren't able to wage a war on themselves?

adi2d

You and I don't need to use a wasteful government to fullfill those obligations. We should feed the poor with wholesome food not give them a government card to buy candy bars at a gas station. :facepalm:

You misrepresent my position. There should be no dignity being poor, you should have to stand in line to be fed not drive a car and shop and act like you are a responsible adult. You should not live in your own apartment either, you should live in a shelter till you can stand on your own two feet.

I would require a license to have children as well. You should take parenting classes and prove that you have the means to take care of your children or they should become wards of the state where we would educate them and end the cycle of poverty.

I could walk into the woods naked with nothing and survive and after a small amount of time live like a king. :yes:

The woods that you walk into probably belongs to someone else so I think you wou be living like a king in an 8x10 cell.
I think you need to visit a few group home to see what 'we' are teaching the children