• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican Drift Into Fascism-- Why?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was not implying that but merely stating that previous fascist leaders generally followed a pattern that could have tipped off where they were going with their rhetoric and actions.

Oh, I very much agree and, btw, Andrew Jackson was Trump's favorite president prior to himself getting elected in 2016. And when hosting some Amerindians at the White House, he had a picture of Jackson in the background.

I recall reading a story about how Teddy Roosevelt had to discipline one of his sons because he was shooting spitballs at the portrait of Andrew Jackson at the White House.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Worthy recipient of spitballs.

I wonder why it's taking so long to get his picture off the $20 bill anyway. I thought the matter of taking him off and adding someone else was already settled years ago.

If the Republicans take power, then I guess that idea would be off the table again.

Not only would they keep Jackson on the 20, they'd probably remove Abe Lincoln from the five and put on Jeff Davis.

Trump would be on the three-dollar bill.

trump-2056666_1280.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wonder why it's taking so long to get his picture off the $20 bill anyway. I thought the matter of taking him off and adding someone else was already settled years ago.

If the Republicans take power, then I guess that idea would be off the table again.

Not only would they keep Jackson on the 20, they'd probably remove Abe Lincoln from the five and put on Jeff Davis.

Trump would be on the three-dollar bill.
trump-2056666_1280.png
Dissing Lincoln is more of a Democrat thing.
San Francisco to strip Washington, Lincoln from school names

Clizby Wampuscat

See: MSNBC’s Mehdi Hasan calls out Republicans for supporting 'fascistic' future PM of Italy (yahoo.com)

We have seen much the same, such as with CPAC's cheering on Orban, who also is fascist leaning. Same with some other such leaders. And why won't Trump denounce Putin even when given the opportunity, such a just a short time ago when Hannity set him up? Why doesn't this seem to bother most of his followers?

As a student of the Holocaust, I find this trend very disturbing, and I don't understand how people who supposedly love democracy and who supposedly believe in Jesus can go along with this? It seems that some have a death wish, not only for democracy but also for Christianity itself.
please define fascism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
San Francisco has turned into some kind of parody city. It's really expensive to live there, and I've heard they have a large homeless population. But at least they have their priorities straight.
At least they won't strip Joseph
Stalin Elementary of its name.