• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reporting on COVID-19 --- CDC is out of here!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The White House has ordered that hospitals stop reporting stats on COVID-19 to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) -- the body set up to do pretty much exactly that kind of thing -- and instead report centrally to Washington.

I can promise you one thing, and one thing only -- the numbers will look much, much better for the Administration from now on.

Who knew?

America...once a great nation...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think it might be a campaign ploy.
He's tired of being Prez, & this move will hurt re-election chances.
Just a theory.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Just a theory.

People have been complaining about the wildly fluctuating numbers. If it's anything, it's the administration putting a lid on this and trying to keep the reporting accurate -- something they've obviously been failing at this whole time.

Shaul

Premium Member
The White House has ordered that hospitals stop reporting stats on COVID-19 to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) -- the body set up to do pretty much exactly that kind of thing -- and instead report centrally to Washington.

I can promise you one thing, and one thing only -- the numbers will look much, much better for the Administration from now on.

Who knew?

That “to Washington” means to the Department of Health and Human Services. That’s the Department that runs the CDC, among other agencies. In other words, instead of multiple agencies each having their own stream of data from sources they share one. Reduces complications and redundancies. Also the data reporting is streamlined. Which means the CDC will actually get more accurate data and more timely.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
People have been complaining about the wildly fluctuating numbers. If it's anything, it's the administration putting a lid on this and trying to keep the reporting accurate -- something they've obviously been failing at this whole time.
That liar? Hardly. Believing in a liar is a losing proposition.

Fluctuating numbers are due to fluctuating reporting.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That “to Washington” means to the Department of Health and Human Services. That’s the Department that runs the CDC, among other agencies. In other words, instead of multiple agencies each having their own stream of data from sources they share one. Reduces complications and redundancies. Also the data reporting is streamlined. Which means the CDC will actually get more accurate data and more timely.
Sad. Believing a liar who lies all the time is telling the truth? As I said in the thread I created on the same topic, I won't believe anything the government says. Fortunately there are alternative ways of getting the true numbers so we don't have to believe in a corrupt and lying administration.

I never realized how it felt to live in a country where the government would lie and deceive its citizens but now I do.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Who knew?

If you can't make it good - make it look good.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
CDC has traditionally been the place where information like this is collected and analyzed. By diverting the information, the information itself is being made political, which is dangerous.

Yes, numbers in the real world fluctuate. The real world is messy. But to have the political process 'massage' the numbers is the way of dictators and those who are afraid of the truth.

If things look significantly better after HHS gets it hands on the info, we know it is politics and not to listen. That would be very, very bad.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But if hospitals' reported statistics are indeed wildly fluctuating,
what is the point of having the CDC excluded from receiving the
data?
The issue here is appearances, ie, the Trump administration
is taking control of the data, & it has a reputation for misinformation.
This will hurt re-election chances IMO.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

The CDC has been the place to send data for a long time. It *is* the agency for the stream of data. By sending things to the HHS, it *increases* complications and adds redundancies.

The *only* reason for the Trump administration to take this step is that it doesn't like the results that the data shows and it wants to suppress that data. It is clear that the goal is to 'massage' the data so it *looks* good as opposed to showing the actual extent of this pandemic.

That is the strategy of dictators and those who want to suppress the truth. But, it is no surprise that the Trump administration has this goal.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Just a theory.
He could save us all the trouble and just... not run again. No shame in that.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

Who knew?

And they say the Chinese have suppressed data on Covid.:rolleyes::confused::eek:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

It means "good" data can be filtered from unfavourable data before it can be published.
talk about "ministry of Truth"

Are the American people so unaware that they are being Manipulated by Trump and his Lie machine.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Who knew?

So sad.

Wandering Monk

But the data will not be available to the public. Why is that?