• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have memories of other, previous lives and they feel like "real" memories. Just not sure I can trust my memories. A lot of research I've read shows how fallible our memories can be.

I remember being sacrificed on a device I've never seen or heard of before. Spent some time looking for any historical records of such a device. Found nothing, so I remain skeptical.

If I ever find any evidence of such a device having existed/being used, might reconsider though.

Excellent! I have great admiration for your rational and reasonable approach to a mystery.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Possible?
No. Once your gone, your gone.

However that doesn't necessarily mean the lights are out forever.

I mean we did come out of the Abyss already, so there's no reason to think that can't ever happen again.

Just that it will be another being, for another place , for another time.

No. Once your gone, your gone.

However that doesn't necessarily mean the lights are out forever.

I mean we did come out of the Abyss already, so there's no reason to think that can't ever happen again.

Just that it will be another being, for another place , for another time.
Here seems the time and the place for me

Moz

Religion. A pox on all their Houses.
Hi
I do not like the concept of good and evil in an everlasting struggle.
If i understand it properly the whole game just keeps on rolling like this forever with new players being eternally feed into the game. I can not see the point of a system that just accepts the status quo. But i may be missing something it is not a subject i know much about in any of its more intricate levels.
Peace

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Hi
If i understand it properly the whole game just keeps on rolling like this forever with new players being eternally feed into the game. I can not see the point of a system that just accepts the status quo. But i may be missing something it is not a subject i know much about in any of its more intricate levels.
Peace
No good. No evil. An end.

susanblange

If there is an incarnation (of God), there can also be reincarnation. You can only be reincarnated if you are in Heaven. Death and Hell is permanent. There are seven people I know of that have been reincarnated. They are Elijah, Gabrielle, Michael, David, Deborah, Adam, and Jesus. The last two were kicked out of Heaven. You can only be reincarnated as human, and not animal.

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
Hi
Peace
Hi
I do not understand what you mean by that. Suffering within creation exists forever in this view doesn't it
Peace

Who told you that reincarnation , more precisely rebirth for evolving souls (punar-janma), and especially suffering, keeps happening forever?

The goal is liberation (moksha) from the cycle of birth and death.

That does not ,mean the jivAtmA (living entity) had just one birth. The multiple births, where the entity resumed where they left off in the last birth, are to give more time for spiritual maturity and progress.

Incarnation of God = avatAr. The difference is that God (Brahman) descends by Will. Whereas rebirth of evolving entities is involuntary.

However, generally the term reincarnation is used to mean rebirth.

Bhagvad GeetA
Arjun asks Krishna , will the yogi who cannot steady the mind or attain final emancipation/peace perish or regress?
BhagvAn (Shri Krishna) says:
BG 6.35 O strong-armed one,no doubt the mind can be unsteady and difficult to restrain. However, O son of Kunti, by the constant practice of Yoga (meditation..., focus on inner Divinity), detachment and renunciation, it is possible to control the mind.

BG 6.40 Dear PArth, son of PruthA, one [who has been practicing Yoga with devotion] never perishes or regresses in this life or the next. No one who works to uplift themselves spiritually ever regresses or devolves.

BG 6.41 The one who had left the practice of Divine Yoga incomplete in the last birth, either goes to Swarga (a heavenly abode) , enjoys the stay there and come back in a family of righteous, moral and rich or royal folks.
BG 6.42 If not, s/he is born in a family of Yogis. However such a birth is extremely rare.

BG 6.43 There, the values qualities and skills learned in the previous birth are carried over, and the yogi pursues (resumes) practice of Yoga with new enthusiasm, more than before.

*BG 6.45 However, the Yogi who studies this science very carefully, is sincere, persistent, due to strength attained through many previous births, attains full perfection, burns up all sins, and reaches the Highest state (i.e. does not return to the mortal world).

BG 6.46 The Yogi (one united with the Divine, having surrendered expectations i.e. karma-yogi) is greater than the tapasvi (austere monk), and also greater than the Jnanis who are the spiritual scientists, knowers of Brahman', and greater than those who focus on work with expectations of results (karmi). Therefore, Arjun, be a [nishkAm karma-]Yogi.

*BG 6.47 Among all Yogis, the one who connects their inner self to Me, and has loving devotion for Me, continuously devoted to Me with faith and focus, is the highest in My opinion.

Last edited: