• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation-the process of reincarnation

joea

Oshoyoi
Could I please have Zenzero,Onkarah ,friends and all to expand on this; Do we get to pick our parents in our next life ?

"One birth has been given to you by your parents,"
the other birth is waiting.
It has to be given to you by yourself.
You have to father and mother yourself.
Then your whole energy is turning in--
it becomes an inner circle.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This would be better suited for posting in the Hinduism or Dharmic Religions DIR's. The teachings of Osho Rajneesh has nothing at all to do with Buddhism. -NM-

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I do not think we get to choose anything about reincarnation, if we do indeed reincarnate. My theistic mixing and ecclecticism give me a unique outlook on reincarnation.

Twilight Hue

Why "quote mining"?...

Tell me how this is out of context? The words you posted are verbatem of Osho Rajneesh who is clearly not a Buddhist practioneer. This is the wrong DIR for this.
-NM-

joea

Oshoyoi
Tell me how this is out of context? The words you posted are verbatem of Osho Rajneesh who is clearly not a Buddhist practioneer. This is the wrong DIR for this.
-NM-
Reincarnation is the discussion, what's your view on it ? or you're just here for something else ?

Twilight Hue

It's in The Beloved Volume 1 amongst the other dribble this fraud, and major criminal had written. Quite a colorful history BTW too. You should you check it out. Just examine his well documented rap sheet, history of violence, and take note of his criminal history as well especially pertaining to the Rajneeshee bio-terror attack in 1984 in Wasco county affecting over 750 people of which was the first bio attack perpetrated on U.S. soil. Just to sway an election. I still remember seeing the news reports of his actions as it was going down. A real piece of work this guy was in the way he had disgraced the dharma and himself of whose actions the karma is still being felt by those he traumatized. You have a funny choice on who to follow. -NM-

joea

Oshoyoi
It's in The Beloved Volume 1 amongst the other dribble this fraud, and major criminal had written. Quite a colorful history BTW too. You should you check it out. Just examine his well documented rap sheet, history of violence, and take note of his criminal history as well especially pertaining to the Rajneeshee bio-terror attack in 1984 in Wasco county affecting over 750 people of which was the first bio attack perpetrated on U.S. soil. Just to sway an election. I still remember seeing the news reports of his actions as it was going down. A real piece of work this guy was in the way he had disgraced the dharma and himself of whose actions the karma is still being felt by those he traumatized. You have a funny choice on who to follow. -NM-
Don't side track...where does it say he didn't follow the teachings of Buddha?..what you have provided is old news.

Twilight Hue

Don't side track...where does it say he didn't follow the teachings of Buddha?..what you have provided is old news.

If its old news, then why is damage control being still done today to explain away his criminal actions? Should I continue on about the conspired assassination plot by his senior members against U.S. attorney Charles Turner a year later as well? People are still talking about all this today.
Karma's a real ***** sometimes. You know?

People should know about this man and what he had intentionally done to others in way of harming them and to those who were in his commune which included childern. To simply stay quiet on this would not be right action now would it?

Tell you what. In regards to his touted "Buddhist lineage" Give me a Theravada, Mahayana, or Vajrayana source (Straight from the horses mouth) that clearly recognises Osho Rajneesh as a transmitted Buddhist teacher of whose lineage I can check up on, and I''ll happily clam up about this being in the wrong DIR. I provided a source. He's not a Buddhist teacher. This is a Buddhist DIR. To do so is misrepresentation. Nows your turn to prove me wrong. Fair enough?

joea

Oshoyoi
If its old news, then why is damage control being still done today to explain away his criminal actions? Should I continue on about the conspired assassination plot by his senior members against U.S. attorney Charles Turner a year later as well? People are still talking about all this today.
Karma's a real ***** sometimes. You know?

People should know about this man and what he had intentionally done to others in way of harming them and to those who were in his commune which included childern. To simply stay quiet on this would not be right action now would it?

Tell you what. In regards to his touted "Buddhist lineage" Give me a Theravada, Mahayana, or Vajrayana source (Straight from the horses mouth) that clearly recognises Osho Rajneesh as a transmitted Buddhist teacher of whose lineage I can check up on, and I''ll happily clam up about this being in the wrong DIR. I provided a source. He's not a Buddhist teacher. This is a Buddhist DIR. To do so is misrepresentation. Nows your turn to prove me wrong. Fair enough?

I am curious as to why you're attacking this thread ( you're Mod or just hate ?).if you know nothing about reincarnation why don't you say so?, otherwise move on....

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend NowhereMan and joea,

The Thread by friend joea is:
Reincarnation-the process of reincarnation
Could I please have Zenzero,Onkarah ,friends and all to expand on this; Do we get to pick our parents in our next life ?

"One birth has been given to you by your parents,"
the other birth is waiting.
It has to be given to you by yourself.
You have to father and mother yourself.
Then your whole energy is turning in--
it becomes an inner circle.
Though friend joea may be a follower and Osho or Rajneesh or whosoever and even quotes him does not mean that Buddhists do not believe in *reincarnation* and so long as the question relates to a belief of the particular path, find no reason why it should be placed elsewhere only because friend joea follows and quotes X, Y or Z.

So, kindly let us not get into semantics and stay focused on DHARMA as that is what every human is part of.

Friend joea as regards responding to your query; frankly have no idea about it as anything read from books and responding are not authentic unless it is a life experience and regards selection of parents, have no such experience. Rebirth / reincarnation, yes, being a part of it is known but selection of parents would require much more work [meditation] to be in that state to be able to respond to it.

Love & rgds

joea

Oshoyoi
Friend NowhereMan and joea,

The Thread by friend joea is:

Though friend joea may be a follower and Osho or Rajneesh or whosoever and even quotes him does not mean that Buddhists do not believe in *reincarnation* and so long as the question relates to a belief of the particular path, find no reason why it should be placed elsewhere only because friend joea follows and quotes X, Y or Z.

So, kindly let us not get into semantics and stay focused on DHARMA as that is what every human is part of.

Friend joea as regards responding to your query; frankly have no idea about it as anything read from books and responding are not authentic unless it is a life experience and regards selection of parents, have no such experience. Rebirth / reincarnation, yes, being a part of it is known but selection of parents would require much more work [meditation] to be in that state to be able to respond to it.

Love & rgds
Thanks Zenzero..had I posted this else where, it would have not been a problem..unfortunately NowhereMan is policing the DIRS to make sure everyone posts in correct forums...maybe he's after a Mod job..lol

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend joea,
Kindly let us remember that what one does is his *karma*.
Only by trusting each other do we progress as we are all from/to the same source and so will not get into why, how, etc.
If he has objected, surely he will have his reasons and have personally stated the reason that have seen in the OP and responded accordingly.

Love & rgds

joea

Oshoyoi
Friend joea,
Kindly let us remember that what one does is his *karma*.
Only by trusting each other do we progress as we are all from/to the same source and so will not get into why, how, etc.
If he has objected, surely he will have his reasons and have personally stated the reason that have seen in the OP and responded accordingly.

Love & rgds
Thank you, I understand.

Twilight Hue

I am curious as to why you're attacking this thread ( you're Mod or just hate ?).if you know nothing about reincarnation why don't you say so?, otherwise move on....

Not a mod and its rather silly to imply hate on my part whereas Ohso Rajneesh has demonstrated this term so beautifully through his actions and consequently showed no sign of remorse towards to those he harmed.
Clearly a follower of the Eightfold Path.
My bad. -NM-

Last edited:

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Dear Nowhere Man, Regardless of his brush with the law, Osho offers incredible insights into matters spiritual. It is not certificates by anyone that determines the value of a work. A valuable work would stand on its own merit. Osho has produced many such works, including on Buddha. Great works do not require official sponsorship and great masters do not need recognition as "transmitted masters"!

joea

Oshoyoi
Not a mod and its rather silly to imply hate on my part whereas Ohso Rajneesh has demonstrated this term so beautifully through his actions and consequently showed no sign of remorse towards to those he harmed.
Clearly a follower of the Eightfold Path.
My bad. -NM-
I believe you have not personally experienced any of the above, except what you have read or heard from others. personally, I know Osho better than you do. You need to sit down and listen to a 2hr discourse ( I have over 1000 of them )before you can know the real Osho. Every Guru has it's own way of teaching and getting through to it's students.His teachings on Buddhism and approach works for me; To me. that is all that matters.

Last edited: