• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Faced, Trump Backs Out Of Using Doral Resort As Host Of G7 summit

sooda

Veteran Member
Well, i respect Napolitano, i however disagree with him. And not all constitutional scholars all agree either.

Look what i found here >

"Clause 8: No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

Explanation: Congress can't make you a Duke, Earl, or even a Marquis. If you are a civil servant or elected official, you can't accept anything from a foreign government or official, including an honorary title or an office. This clause prevents any government official from receiving foreign gifts without the permission of Congress.

What are Emoluments?
Clause 8, the so-called “Emoluments Clause,” specifies that no elected or appointed U.S. government official—including the president of the United States—may accept payments from foreign governments during their terms in office.

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines emoluments as “returns arising from office or employment usually in the form of compensation or perquisites.”

Constitutional scholars suggest the Emoluments Clause was added to prevent American ambassadors of the 1700s, living abroad from being influenced or corrupted by gifts from wealthy European powers."

What the US Constitution Article 1, Section 9 Restricts

So, congress can give permission and it was to prevent being influenced by corruption.

Why Napolitano's interpretation makes zero sense to me. Because hes making it say no leader may take a gift arbitrarily.

The constitution is to PROTECT us.

By trump having leaders pay to have rooms at his hotel does NOT HARM US in any way shape or form. To say otherwise is foolishness.

Also, if Napolitano is right in his arbitrary interpretation, then what about the USA giving aid ("gifts") to other countries? That would be a double standard.

sooda

Veteran Member
"Clause 8: No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States:

And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

Now do you understand the law?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"Clause 8: No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States:

And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

Now do you understand the law?
i know the answer! I know the answer:

"No.:("

Shad

Veteran Member
Fantastic post. You and I are in complete agreement. Trump is not the only one guilty of misusing his office.

I didn't say that. I said he was corrupt going in as he was buddies with many politicians including the Clintons.

But he is guilty of misusing his office.

Assertion

And if he gets away with it that only sets a precedent for the next guy to do the same.

That precedent was set decades ago. You are doing exactly what I said the mob would do with this line. Get their sacrifice and change nothing

But if he gets impeached and removed that sets the precedent to go after all the others as well.

Naive assertion

So which precedent should be set? Should the law and the constitution be upheld, or just let it slide?

You do not care about law nor the constitution. Sell your farce to someone else that is willing to buy.

The system is broken that is why I said clean house.

It seems like you want to argue that the Clintons broke the law so therefore Trump should be allowed to as well. Even if that were true that way leads to chaos.

Nope. I am saying that your system is so broken that it is unrecoverable short of a revolution. You as a citizen have no ability to change anything with the 2 party grip. The majority of your citizens have "checked" out into apathy.

Did you never take a civics class, ever? Honest question.

I know what that is, yes.

Regardless, are you saying you can't figure out what problems would arise where a country's leader could be bought and sold or beholden to a foreign entity? Take a guess, at least. Help us understand how it is you do not understand.

Look, foreign leaders paying trump to stay in his rooms at his hotel is not foreign leaders bribing trump to sell america to the foreign leaders and is not bribing trump to do special favors for that leaders country. This is common sense.

Secondly, if this is about bribery, then trump can STILL meet with foreign leaders at some OTHER hotel and still get bribed!

So, you see, it makes no sense to nit pick at an innocent transaction of paying for rooms at trumps hotel.

If/when/mayby trump ACTUALLY acceps a bribe, THEN he should be punished.

There is no need to punish him for what he MAY do.

I already told you.....because they did not want elected officials to use their offices for personal gain; they wanted them to do the work of the people and work for the benefit of the country.

There is ALWAYS a double standard with democrats! Obama made profits by selling books and selling audographs and doing stuff with netflix.

And look, there is nothing wrong with benefitting and making profits from your business.

And if this is about the founders wanted the presidents to do the work of the country and peoples benefit, well trump is doing that, his kids are running his business, hes running the presidency.

Furthermore, trump does not even accept the salary given to him for the presidency, he gives it to charity! So, talk about not using the office for gain, thats sure not using it for gain.

Like i said in another post, i dont care who hates trump, you can hate him or love him, but UPHOLD the REAL republic.

A true republic does not rule by who you hate!

I didn't say that. I said he was corrupt going in as he was buddies with many politicians including the Clintons.

Assertion

That precedent was set decades ago. You are doing exactly what I said the mob would do with this line. Get their sacrifice and change nothing

Naive assertion

You do not care about law nor the constitution. Sell your farce to someone else that is willing to buy.

The system is broken that is why I said clean house.

Nope. I am saying that your system is so broken that it is unrecoverable short of a revolution. You as a citizen have no ability to change anything with the 2 party grip. The majority of your citizens have "checked" out into apathy.

Your doing a great job shad, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Get those lefties! There all out of control and theres to many of them on here.

I got like 15 posts 3 days ago and another 8 the day after. I cant keep up time wise.

ecco

Veteran Member
I think you Americans need to house clean not merely repaint the outside.
It must be nice to live in a country where there is no corruption.

I guess you'd rather have a Trump or a Boris Johnson instead of a Trudeau. Maybe next time.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
There is ALWAYS a double standard with democrats! Obama made profits by selling books and selling audographs and doing stuff with netflix.
And how many of those did he do while in office or using tax payer money or for the benefit of foreign political powers?

The extent of false equivalency here is simply staggering.

And look, there is nothing wrong with benefitting and making profits from your business.
No. But there IS something wrong with using your position as a democratically elected representative of the people to personally enrich yourself while accepting money from foreign political powers.

And if this is about the founders wanted the presidents to do the work of the country and peoples benefit, well trump is doing that, his kids are running his business, hes running the presidency.
But while doing so, he is personally enriching his own businesses by spending tax-payers money to attempt to hold global summits with foreign political powers at his own, privately run resorts.

Furthermore, trump does not even accept the salary given to him for the presidency, he gives it to charity! So, talk about not using the office for gain, thats sure not using it for gain.
The salary of the president is 400k a year. That's chump change to Trump. Donating his salary to charity is just a publicity stunt used to distract from the fact that he is using his position to accrue massive financial benefits.

Apparently, it worked on you.

Like i said in another post, i dont care who hates trump, you can hate him or love him, but UPHOLD the REAL republic.

A true Republic honors its constitution and doesn't give the President a free pass when he contradicts it or potentially commits criminal acts.

Oh my. A simple question, did Obama make his money while President or after?

I dont know if it was before, during or after or all three and frankly its totally irrelavent because he profitted off his books BECAUSE he was PRESIDENT.

And trumps children are running his business, so there is no comprimise of trumps TIME.

You LOST this point.

If you got a better logical come back, give it. No holds bar buddy!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I dont know if it was before, during or after or all three and frankly its totally irrelavent because he profitted off his books BECAUSE he was PRESIDENT.

And trumps children are running his business, so there is no comprimise of trumps TIME.

You LOST this point.

If you got a better logical come back, give it. No holds bar buddy!

Wrong as usual.

The President is banned from making money from his being President while being President. It is not illegal before or after, only during. This should have been obvious to you.

Your support of Trump has ruined not only your sense of morals but also the sense of what is and what is not legal. As a Christian this should bother you immensely.

And a gentle reminder, logic appears to be a tool missing from your tool box. Never accuse others of not being logical. You will simply lose.

sooda

Veteran Member

Lolol Obama is no longer president.

ecco

Veteran Member
Donating his salary to charity...

My emphases...
Trump donates salary for vet entrepreneurship
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders announced the donation at a White House briefing on Wednesday. Linda McMahon, head of the Small Business Administration, accepted the $100,000 check, saying the funds “would be put to good use.”

Linda McMahon To Quit Small Business Administration, Join Pro-Trump SuperPAC
Linda McMahon, the famous pro wrestling promoter who stayed largely out of the limelight as small business administrator, is quitting President Trump's Cabinet after more than two years on the job.

McMahon plans to join the pro-Trump superPAC America First Action, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

"Linda McMahon has done an incredible job," Trump told reporters Friday at his Florida vacation home. "She has been a superstar."

A multimillionaire, McMahon contributed heavily to Trump's 2016 election effort. At America First Action, she could play a significant role in the president's 2020 bid for re-election.