• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Red Faced, Trump Backs Out Of Using Doral Resort As Host Of G7 summit

ecco

Veteran Member
Please tell me what books President Obama made money selling.

Either you have a serious reading comprehension problem
or, you are intentionally being untruthful.

Ths first book on the list, Dreams From My Father, was published in 1995.
Obama was President from January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2017.

No one would have cared if Trump made Doral available for an international meeting 15 years before he was president.

ecco

Veteran Member
Oh ya, thats merely an assertion. Why not make your post useful and refute and dismantle the solid logical points i keep making and no one has the brain power to destroy!

I DARE YOU to try!
I just did. See post #102 above. Er, what solid logical points were you referring to?

Wrong as usual.

The President is banned from making money from his being President while being President. It is not illegal before or after, only during. This should have been obvious to you.

Your support of Trump has ruined not only your sense of morals but also the sense of what is and what is not legal. As a Christian this should bother you immensely.

And a gentle reminder, logic appears to be a tool missing from your tool box. Never accuse others of not being logical. You will simply lose.

You got proof obama never sold any books DURING his presidency?

Provid it or accept DEFEAT!

Either you have a serious reading comprehension problem
or, you are intentionally being untruthful.

Ths first book on the list, Dreams From My Father, was published in 1995.
Obama was President from January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2017.

No one would have cared if Trump made Doral available for an international meeting 15 years before he was president.

Of thee i sing published November 16, 2010

So, that was DURING.

But hey, i dont even care if it was before, during or after because it doesnt matter. He made profits off his presidency.

Period. The time period that is done is not important.

The importance of the apoluments clause is about bribery, which trump did not do. And he COULD STILL do despite not having leaders at his hotel!

Your arguments are straining at straws!

tytlyf

Not Religious

So, that was DURING.

But hey, i dont even care if it was before, during or after because it doesnt matter. He made profits off his presidency.

The importance of the apoluments clause is about bribery, which trump did not do. And he COULD STILL do despite not having leaders at his hotel!

Should Trump be punished for selling copies of "The Art of the Deal" when he's president?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
There is ALWAYS a double standard with democrats! Obama made profits by selling books and selling audographs and doing stuff with netflix.

And look, there is nothing wrong with benefitting and making profits from your business.

And if this is about the founders wanted the presidents to do the work of the country and peoples benefit, well trump is doing that, his kids are running his business, hes running the presidency.

Furthermore, trump does not even accept the salary given to him for the presidency, he gives it to charity! So, talk about not using the office for gain, thats sure not using it for gain.

Like i said in another post, i dont care who hates trump, you can hate him or love him, but UPHOLD the REAL republic.

A true republic does not rule by who you hate!
Well, I can see that lots of different people have tried to explain things to you but it just isn't getting through, so like I said....I don't think I can help you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

So, that was DURING.

Another epic fail. You found a book published during Obama's Presidency, good for you. What happened to the money from it? I will do your homework for you:

The proceeds from the sale of the book will be donated to a scholarship fund for the children of fallen and disabled US service personnel.[4] Obama finished writing the book in 2008, after he was elected but before taking office.[5]

Of Thee I Sing (book) - Wikipedia.

He might have been able to say that he wrote it before taking office, but again, he did not want to even be close to being accused of abusing his office. He donated the funds from that book.

Should Trump be punished for selling copies of "The Art of the Deal" when he's president?

No, he shouldnt be punished for selling the books, nor should obama. Im simply pointing out the double standard thats going on here in the attack on trump.

Well, I can see that lots of different people have tried to explain things to you but it just isn't getting through, so like I said....I don't think I can help you.

Yea, there certainly are alot of lefties on this forum and alot of them are making effort to respond, but NOT ONE has overturned the power of my magnificent and glorious logic!

Another epic fail. You found a book published during Obama's Presidency, good for you. What happened to the money from it? I will do your homework for you:

The proceeds from the sale of the book will be donated to a scholarship fund for the children of fallen and disabled US service personnel.[4] Obama finished writing the book in 2008, after he was elected but before taking office.[5]

Of Thee I Sing (book) - Wikipedia.

He might have been able to say that he wrote it before taking office, but again, he did not want to even be close to being accused of abusing his office. He donated the funds from that book.

Ok, good point.

However, i fall back on the fact that obama did accept his presidency salary, and trump did not. Trump donated it away.

Secondly, it dont matter if its before or after. He made profits by his being president. Period.

I mean seriously, why does the time period matter? Why is that important?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

So, that was DURING.

"The proceeds from the sale of the book will be donated to a scholarship fund for the children of fallen and disabled US service personnel.[4] Obama finished writing the book in 2008, after he was elected but before taking office.[5]"

Of Thee I Sing (book) - Wikipedia

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

So, that was DURING.

It appears that he was involved in bribery and/or extortion. The "transcript" of the call with the President of the Ukraine was pretty daming in that regard. "I would like you to do us a favor though ..." Never mind the whistle blower's report and testimony from several members involved in the administration, Bill Taylor being one of them.

It's a lot easier to profit from the office when you have people stay directly in your own hotel. How that obvious fact eludes you is bizarre.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok, good point.

However, i fall back on the fact that obama did accept his presidency salary, and trump did not. Trump donated it away.

Secondly, it dont matter if its before or after. He made profits by his being president. Period.

I mean seriously, why does the time period matter? Why is that important?
So what if Trump gives away what is a small sum to him? And the reason one cannot accept bribes while being a President should be obvious. It makes it look as if the President may be corrupt. The money that Trump would get from his abuse of power is much greater than the small sum he gets as a salary. You are letting yourself be blinded by a simple trick.

It appears that he was involved in bribery and/or extortion. The "transcript" of the call with the President of the Ukraine was pretty daming in that regard. "I would like you to do us a favor though ..." Never mind the whistle blower's report and testimony from several members involved in the administration, Bill Taylor being one of them.

Nonsense. The president of ukrain said he was not pushed or blackmailed by trump at all. And the transcript does not say "do me a favor or else no aid".

Trump asked a favor. Thats perfectly acceptable.

And the whistle blowers report is not needed because we all got the transcript. Adam shift made up the whistle blower report whole cloth when he read it on tv.

It's a lot easier to profit from the office when you have people stay directly in your own hotel. How that obvious fact eludes you is bizarre.

Theres nothing wrong with profitting off your business. There is something wrong with bribery. Leaders paying for hotel rooms is not bribery.

Try again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nonsense. The president of ukrain said he was not pushed or blackmailed by trump at all. And the transcript does not say "do me a favor or else no aid".

Trump asked a favor. Thats perfectly acceptable.

And the whistle blowers report is not needed because we all got the transcript. Adam shift made up the whistle blower report whole cloth when he read it on tv.

Theres nothing wrong with profitting off your business. There is something wrong with bribery. Leaders paying for hotel rooms is not bribery.

Try again.
I see that you are still buying that desert swampland.

You have to know when you can trust what someone says. A person whose aid could be cut off if he opposes Trump cannot be trusted when he makes such claims. There was a quid pro quo. Even Republicans are beginning to see that. Heck, one of Trump's staffers admitted that there was a quid pro quo.

So what if Trump gives away what is a small sum to him? And the reason one cannot accept bribes while being a President should be obvious. It makes it look as if the President may be corrupt. The money that Trump would get from his abuse of power is much greater than the small sum he gets as a salary. You are letting yourself be blinded by a simple trick.

Good lord.....your straining at straws.

Do we really got to figure out the math on this? Is it even necessary?

First we need to figure out how many foreign leaders wer gonna come to trumps hotel, then we need to figure out how much each room cost per night, then we need to figure out how many nights they wer gonna stay. Add all that money up and compare it to his 4 years of president salary in office.

But is it really nessesary?

No, because it dont matter. He gives away alot of money in that salary. And profitting of his busness is perfectly fine. He isnt accepting bribes by this.

Your straining at straws.

I see that you are still buying that desert swampland.

You have to know when you can trust what someone says. A person whose aid could be cut off if he opposes Trump cannot be trusted when he makes such claims. There was a quid pro quo. Even Republicans are beginning to see that. Heck, one of Trump's staffers admitted that there was a quid pro quo.

Makes no sense. Zelenky did not have to say trump did not blackmail him.