• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Re-introduce Yourself!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Who are you and where are you from?

My name is Daniel, or Dan, I'm from the Pacific Northwest, America. I live in the city, but not "downtown".
Are you male or female? Are you married or single? Straight or gay?

Male, Married, Straight.
"Catholic, Wiccan, Jewish, Muslim or something else?

I'm a liberal Jew who hangs out with ultra-orthodox Jews. My family and I pay dues at two synagogues ( it's the latest trend ). Reconstructionist and Chabad. I spend most of my time at Chabad for religious practice and community.

What makes you happy?

Kids, and dogs, and crowds of happy people.

Do you have any hopes and dreams you'd like to share?

Learn as many foreign languages as I can.

What are your hobbies and interests?

Cooking, Gardening, Hiking, and Camping

What kind of work do you do?

Information Technology. No job too big or too small.

What are your favorite books?

Dune, Frank Herbert

What's your favorite food, your favorite color, your favorite time of year?

Pizza, green, summer

Not anymore...

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I am Tani, a nickname I've had since forever, and I'm from England.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?

Whichever. I have a vulva. I act like neither.

Are you married or single?

Single.

Straight or gay?

Bisexual.

Catholic, Wiccan, Jewish, Muslim or something else?

Something else.

What makes you happy?
Children. Music. Writing. Fantasising. Learning.

What makes you sad?

My seemingly helpless situation in life and isolation from other people no matter how hard I try.

What are your pet peeves?

When people say 'use, bias' &c. instead of 'used, biased &c.' People scraping bowls with cutlery. Being dragged away from my writing. When I meet a boy who likes me but he's a sub.

I want to lose my virginity and stay with the bloke who takes it.

Writing. Walking. Languages. Ancient languages. Sex. Reading. Buying things I don't need. Poetry.

I'm a teaching assistant.

What are your favorite movies, books, places to visit?

Return to Oz, The Lion King I and II, Harry Potter, Homeward Bound.
Wuthering Heights, anything by Charles Dickens, lots of poetry.
France, Canada.

What's your favorite food,

All the food.

Except those cherries they put on bakewells.

your favorite color,

None.

your favorite time of year?

Autumn.

Do you have kids? Pets?
I have a fat, aggressive cat.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I am David, although most call me Dave. Apart from my mum. I'm from Melbourne.

How old are you?

My actual age is 45, but incredibly I don't look a day over 45.

Are you male or female?

Male

Married

Straight or gay?

Straight

atheist

What makes you happy?
My kids, basketball, writing. And my wife, apart from when we're driving each other insane.

What makes you sad?

I'm kinda a super low key optimist. Plenty of things make me sad, but not for long. My picture is in the dictionary next to 'even keel'.

Hypocrisy, blame-games and the LA Lakers.

I'm hoping to actually finish the novel I'm writing. I want to travel more. Hmm...I hope I develop super powers?

Basketball, writing, reading, video games, posting on a couple of forums, politics, history, Aussie Rules...and manufacturing time by avoiding sleep

I'm a state manager in a software consultancy

I like Joe Abercrombie and Terry Pratchett (fiction), Tom Holland (non fiction), and would have Denmark pretty high up on the places I've been list, along with parts of Germany and Tuscany.
Movies...hmm...dunno. I watch them, but increasingly these days I watch tv series.

I love food, but my first love is beer. Well, apart from my kids.
*ponders*
No, beer is #1. Has to be good beer though. Yum...good beer....

your favorite color,
Green. Grey is number 2 if you let me count that as a colour.

December

Do you have kids? Pets?
I have a dog, he's getting on in years but he's still cool.
Also 2 girls, with a third kid on the way.

:)

gnomon

I was.........now I'm too ****ing tired and tired of being too drunk.

Good night to you all. Sorry there were some questions but I'm tired of being a gnomon.

So yeah. Good night.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
You've been around forever, but we've all forgotten that 2-line blurb you wrote about yourself the day you joined RF. Your posts are insightful, touching, informative, uplifting and clever. Okay, once in a while they are puzzling and annoying! Sometimes they make us wonder what kind of a person is sitting at the keyboard. :confused:

We want to know more about you -- now that we sort of think we know you. If -- and only if -- you have met any of the following criteria, you are invited to re-introduce yourself on this thread:

1. Been a member for at least 8 months and have at least 2400 posts to your credit
2. Been a member for at least 10 months and have at least 2000 posts to your credit
3. Been a member for least 12 months and have at least 1200 posts to your credit.

Please refresh our memories. Who are you and where are you from? How old are you? Are you male or female? Are you married or single? Straight or gay? Catholic, Wiccan, Jewish, Muslim or something else?

Okay, a lot of that stuff is on your profile, but a lot of other stuff isn't. What makes you happy? What makes you sad? What are your pet peeves? Do you have any hopes and dreams you'd like to share? What are your hobbies and interests? What kind of work do you do? What are your favorite movies, books, places to visit? What's your favorite food, your favorite color, your favorite time of year? Do you have kids? Pets? You get my drift...

We want to make this a fun thread where we can all get to know one another better. We also want to make posting on it a goal some of the newbies can set for themselves. Would one of our illustrious admins care to make the first post?
I want to do this as I've been on here almost two years but I don't have that many posts only 987 posts. Guess I have to wait lol.This is what I get for disappearing for several months.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I want to do this as I've been on here almost two years but I don't have that many posts only 987 posts. Guess I have to wait lol.This is what I get for disappearing for several months.
I posted this thread back in 2006, back when this website was considerably smaller than it is now. Besides, there's no rule saying you can't "re-introduce" yourself at any time. And if you'll notice, I'm not even on the staff or anything. It was just me, wanting to get to know a few posters I hadn't really gotten to know back when they first started posting. So, Ray... Have at it! Tell us all about yourself, particularly if you haven't already done so on the new members forum.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
My latest adventures involve me discovering more about myself and my religious beliefs. Becoming more independent and realizing that I only need people if our paths align enough so that we can connect and truly be good friends. I've been studying Satanism and agree with a few philosophies, but don't call me a Satanist as I also love the more right hand path elements found in Hinduism as well as I mediate using New Age techniques. I've well given up on the Baha'i faith after I learned my love of Krishna and the Trimurti was greater than my love of anything found in the Abrahamic faith. I stopped calling myself a Hindu seeker and starting calling myself of the Hindu faith when asked. I think Hinduism and New Age are compatible as well, but, that's just my belief. Definitely a little syncretic in my faith.

I'm finding myself a bit introverted these days as usual. I've tried to be more of an ambivert, but it ended in both success and failure, so to speak.

VoidCat

Ray altho not my birthname. Currently looking for a last and middle name for when I change it. Last name was going to be Warren but my grandma is transphobic and that's her last name.I am from North Carolina,USA.
How old are you?
Are you male or female?
Neither I'm nonbinary/genderqueer. Very simple but not everyone can wrap their head around it.
I am currently single.Ive dated 3 people in the past each ending within 3 months. I was in a QPR.Queerplatonic
Straight or gay?
Neither, panromantic sex-replused asexual.
Pagan witch Quaker.Non Christian but looking into christo-paganism
What makes you happy?
Friends,nature,research...How good the human race can be.
What makes you sad?
Hate,the past, those who harm other ,how awful the human race can be.
Discrimination,closedmindedness.
I want to able to be myself without my family hating me for it.But I doubt that to be possible so I hope to be happy.
Research and being outside in nature.

none currently

Don't like watching tv, any book I can learn from and I feel happy anywhere outside.
What's your favorite food, your favorite color, your favorite time of year?
food-rice. Color-purple time-fall

Do you have kids? Pets?
no kids and even if I wasn't a sex repulsed asexual I was told by a doctor I would be unable to have kids due to medical condition. My grandma who I live with has two foster babies I help with. She also has 5 cats and two dogs.

VoidCat

In terms of hobbies I am currently doing a lot of shadow-work learning about myself.Shadowwork is looking at the parts of yourself you don't want to admit to yourself and learning about them.Hoping to improve who I am.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Who are you

Getting philosophical already, are we? :p

and where are you from?

The Golden State.

How old are you?

Are you male or female?

Male.

Single legally, but in a relationship.

Straight or gay?

Gay as ****.

Used to be Catholic. Now agnostic with a heavy dose of Buddhism.

What makes you happy?
Animals (mostly the domestic mammalian kind).

What makes you sad?

Suffering.

Slow walkers. People who are simultaneously ignorant and arrogant.

I hope to one day be fluent in Spanish. I currently speak what I'd call survival Spanish, but I want to improve my skills.

I'm a Trekkie (someone who likes Star Trek, for you heathens :p). I also enjoy working out (strength training and running). On top of philosophy, religion, and politics of course. :blush:

I work in healthcare, as an administrative manager.

your favorite movies,

Castaway, A Beautiful Mind

Anything fantasy or sci-fi.

places to visit?

I loved Maui (who wouldn't?). Also love the Northern California coast.

ICE CREAM!

your favorite color,

Green.

Hard to say, I enjoy a change of seasons. I do love Christmastime though.

Do you have kids?

No, nor do I plan to.

A dog and a cat.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You've been around forever, but we've all forgotten that 2-line blurb you wrote about yourself the day you joined RF. Your posts are insightful, touching, informative, uplifting and clever. Okay, once in a while they are puzzling and annoying! Sometimes they make us wonder what kind of a person is sitting at the keyboard. :confused:

We want to know more about you -- now that we sort of think we know you. If -- and only if -- you have met any of the following criteria, you are invited to re-introduce yourself on this thread:

1. Been a member for at least 8 months and have at least 2400 posts to your credit
2. Been a member for at least 10 months and have at least 2000 posts to your credit
3. Been a member for least 12 months and have at least 1200 posts to your credit.

Please refresh our memories. Who are you and where are you from? How old are you? Are you male or female? Are you married or single? Straight or gay? Catholic, Wiccan, Jewish, Muslim or something else?

Okay, a lot of that stuff is on your profile, but a lot of other stuff isn't. What makes you happy? What makes you sad? What are your pet peeves? Do you have any hopes and dreams you'd like to share? What are your hobbies and interests? What kind of work do you do? What are your favorite movies, books, places to visit? What's your favorite food, your favorite color, your favorite time of year? Do you have kids? Pets? You get my drift...

We want to make this a fun thread where we can all get to know one another better. We also want to make posting on it a goal some of the newbies can set for themselves. Would one of our illustrious admins care to make the first post?
Wow. There is someone new on the notables list. I just wanted to make that evident and I found this one.

What makes me sad? Discrimination.

Hobbies. Religious Forums.

Favorite food. Everything!

I have kids.

Movies. Stories on the moving screen. Mad Men. OMG! That would be against the RULES of the Jehovah's Witnesses***

What makes me happy? Freedom!

I am from the USA but when my mom ran away from my dad for a while, I lived in Sweden for nine months which I believe is funny. I do not believe a child was born there. I mean, one related to me.

Pet Peeves? (I love you @Katzpur I really do! and I think that you are a great advertisement for your own religion). I have too many to bother you with much.

I am 65 Which reminds me of the @Revoltingest and @The bear who is still working.

I don't want to talk about married or single Which reminds me of @Sunstone Hi!

I think I might be straight as opposed to gay. Sigh.

Hopes. I hope I never drink too much again. Also, that I will lose my winter fat. Even today, after I have cleaned up the wood-stove-aria (I know that's not right) I want to light another fire...

I do not work much. I am retired.

I just read a good book. I forgot the title, but I can look it up....it is still here somewhere.

My favorite movie-movie is Forest Gump. Of course!

Places to visit. That is the most interesting question, I think. Now, I have some pressure on me like God is saying, "Don't". OK, I won't. God says I might have another drink. I say, HAHA

*** Drinking..I lot! Sex...stupid stuff... Drugs too...we do not know too much about those yet.

***Oh, shut up!

VoidCat

Ray altho not my birthname. Currently looking for a last and middle name for when I change it. Last name was going to be Warren but my grandma is transphobic and that's her last name.I am from North Carolina,USA.
My last name shall be Foxfell still looking for a middle name

Pagan witch Quaker.Non Christian but looking into christo-paganism
no longer a quaker. No longer looking into christopaganism. Now looking into demonIatry, theistic satanism and Luciferianism trying to decide how I want to work with Lucifer. Still a pagan worshiping Norse gods Hela, Angrboda,Sigyn, and Loki.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My last name shall be Foxfell still looking for a middle name

no longer a quaker. No longer looking into christopaganism. Now looking into demonIatry, theistic satanism and Luciferianism trying to decide how I want to work with Lucifer. Still a pagan worshiping Norse gods Hela, Angrboda,Sigyn, and Loki.

VoidCat

Mixing both wanting to work with Lucifer and wanting to work with pagan deities. Read what I wrote by religion.