• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick Eats

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If I have leftover rice in the fridge, I'll throw together some MTR puliogare.

If not, I'll warm up a can of Gardein soup.

If I'm more pressed for time, I'll throw a slice of provolone and gouda on rye, or some nuts will do.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
If I have leftover rice in the fridge, I'll throw together some MTR puliogare.

If not, I'll warm up a can of Gardein soup.

If I'm more pressed for time, I'll throw a slice of provolone and gouda on rye, or some nuts will do.
What's Gardein soup?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What's Gardein soup?

I thought it was a misprint of garden so looked it up to check

People also ask

What is Gardein made out of?​
WATER, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN, CANOLA OIL, 2% OR LESS OF: METHYLCELLULOSE, SUNFLOWER OIL, ANCIENT GRAIN FLOUR (KHORASAN WHEAT), SALT, POTATO STARCH, NATURAL FLAVORS, SUGAR, YEAST EXTRACT, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (COLOR), BLACK PEPPER, LACTIC ACID.​

A couple of things concerned me...

Particularly
Titanium dioxide is banned for use in foods in Europe. Thought to cause DNA damage and toxicity of the immune system.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

People also ask

WATER, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN, CANOLA OIL, 2% OR LESS OF: METHYLCELLULOSE, SUNFLOWER OIL, ANCIENT GRAIN FLOUR (KHORASAN WHEAT), SALT, POTATO STARCH, NATURAL FLAVORS, SUGAR, YEAST EXTRACT, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (COLOR), BLACK PEPPER, LACTIC ACID.​

Particularly
Titanium dioxide is banned for use in foods in Europe. Thought to cause DNA damage and toxicity of the immune system.
Is it the meat replacement being spoken of?

All of us end up hungry at times its inconvenient or impossible to prepare a proper meal. Sometimes you can wait, other times your body objects.

What are some of your 'quick grab' or easy prepare foods for these occasions?

Omelette. Can chop some onion, chilli, ham, grate some cheese or whatever takes your fancy. Bit of salt and pepper Cook in butter on low heat.

Basically 5 mins from start to finish.

Cheese on toast another favourite that is tasty filling and quick.

The other thing is to make a load of beef/pork stock one day by boiling up a load of bones and herbs/spices then freeze it in bags.

Can then make fresh noodle soup with veg and frozen sliced beef/pork in about 10mins (or other forms of soup).

I like frozen udon noodles, sliced beef, bean sprouts, onion and mushroom. As long as you have the frozen stock it’s super easy.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

People also ask

Particularly
The soup I eat doesn’t contain titanium dioxide…

IMG_0962.jpeg

As far as the methylcellulose, at least it will keep me regular. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
We treated ourselves at different times with: Ramen, cream cheese with diced olives (sometimes on celery stalks), bagels/cream cheese, pizza, grapes, cherries, baked potato/butter, cinnamon toast/butter, cucumber/mustard sandwich, left-over pizza thawed at room temperature,
condiment sandwiches, fried egg sandwiches, tomato mayonnaise sandwiches, and a partridge in a pear tree.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We treated ourselves at different times with: Ramen, cream cheese with diced olives (sometimes on celery stalks), bagels/cream cheese, pizza, grapes, cherries, baked potato/butter, cinnamon toast/butter, cucumber/mustard sandwich, left-over pizza thawed at room temperature,
condiment sandwiches, fried egg sandwiches, tomato mayonnaise sandwiches, and a partridge in a pear tree.

All in one meal it would be a feast

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I've made a 5-meal batch of moong dal curry and divided it into individual portions in freezer bags and froze 4 of them. So these should end up being some quick "boil-in-bag" meals.

1711619134679.png

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
My easiest signature recipes are:

Fry some halloumi, throw in some asparagus, then some capers. Mix lemon juice, salt and olive oil. Plate the halloumi, asparagus and capers, top with the lemon-oil.

Cook some spaghetti, chop a couple of gloves of garlic, fry the garlic on a low-ish heat with a fair amount of olive oil, add some of the starchy water from the spaghetti to the garlic along with some chilli flakes, throw the cooked spaghetti in with the garlic and throw on a handful of chopped parsley, plate up and top with grated Parmigiano Reggiano/Grana Padano.

If I can't be bothered with either of those things, I just empty an entire packet of biscuits into my mouth.