• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick Eats

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
All of us end up hungry at times its inconvenient or impossible to prepare a proper meal. Sometimes you can wait, other times your body objects.

What are some of your 'quick grab' or easy prepare foods for these occasions?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
All of us end up hungry at times its inconvenient or impossible to prepare a proper meal. Sometimes you can wait, other times your body objects.

Microwave baked potato, then chopped with pepper and butter. Takes less than 5 minutes. Less than 4 if the potato is small. Add sour cream if I have it, but I never have it. In summer for three weeks, at temple, it's pull an apple off the tree and eat it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Microwave baked potato, then chopped with pepper and butter. Takes less than 5 minutes. Less than 4 if the potato is small. Add sour cream if I have it, but I never have it. In summer for three weeks, at temple, it's pull an apple off the tree and eat it.
I love a baked potato cut open and smashed up with ghee, cumin, and chili.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Bowl of cereal, toast some bread, scrambled egg (on toast if you want), open a tin of beans (on toast if you want), eat a banana (or banana sandwich), an apple, cheese sandwich, tuna sandwich, (tuna with chopped bell pepper and onion is nice). pasta with a tin of tomatoes (plus crisp veggies maybe), couscous with a veg stock cube, a baked potato with butter.

Then for the main course;-)

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

Kellogs Krave eaten out of a plastic jug with Soya milk in it

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Frozen chips (AKA as french fries in 3rd world countries). Chuck them in the air fryer and 15 minutes later you have a hot meal.

Frozen meat pies. Nuke them for a few minutes then in the air fryer for 5 minutes to crisp up the pastry. If you're real hungry have pie and chips.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Frozen chips (AKA as french fries in 3rd world countries). Chuck them in the air fryer and 15 minutes later you have a hot meal.
Delicious.

I haven't got an air fryer... I thaw them briefly in the microwave, and then bake them.

(If you don't thaw first, they take damn near an hour to get proper crispiness.)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
th

Seriously. With all the different nut butters around these days, this old classic is just the best.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I couldn't live without my air fryer, use it just about everyday.
I use mine quite often to make French fries from scratch. Much cheaper and better tasting than frozen. But it would not qualify as quick since one has to at least soak the cut potatoes in cold water for a while, with a rinse or two, to get rid of excessive starch.

It is also great for frying chicken legs or thighs. And other things as well.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I use mine quite often to make French fries from scratch. Much cheaper and better tasting than frozen. But it would not qualify as quick since one has to at least soak the cut potatoes in cold water for a while, with a rinse or two, to get rid of excessive starch.

It is also great for frying chicken legs or thighs. And other things as well.

I've found the easiest way to get rid of the starch is to put some salt on them and leave for 20 or 30 minutes then a quick rinse and dry. Best chips ever.