• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question regarding alcohol

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
My twin sister and I will legally be able to drink this year May 2nd. I dont ever plan on drinking but I know she will. Im thinking I'll get her some alcohol to drink on our birthday if she wants any as a birthday gift. Any suggestions on what might taste good? I'd have to wait till May 2nd to purchase it obviously.

Edit: dont make any suggestions after all. I asked to be sure if my sister would want to drink or not she said no. So im not getting any alcohol.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Others make amaretto.
They will disappoint.
OIP.CX2KaTm991lFE12DYmV-PwHaHa

Heyo

Veteran Member
My twin sister and I will legally be able to drink this year May 2nd. I dont ever plan on drinking but I know she will. Im thinking I'll get her some alcohol to drink on our birthday if she wants any as a birthday gift. Any suggestions on what might taste good? I'd have to wait till May 2nd to purchase it obviously.
I'd suggest something with low alcohol contend that is also sweet. Beer, wine or mead of high quality.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A good vintage wine, smooth and mellow without the sharp bite of most alcohol.

If you want something a bit more i suggest a cognac. Not sure if it's available in the US but Remy Martin is nice.

Or perhaps a single malt whisky.

This advice comes grom a non drinker so take it with as much salt as you need.

Edit. I also recommend not (i repeat... Not) poitin Home made poitin (not homemade by me) is the reason i rarely drink alcohol now.

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
Moscato is a great wine for beginners or people just wanting to chill out.

Rum and brandy are usually sweet but have a stronger alcohol content than wine....they still bite.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

This may be a controversial take but young people love it:

Screenshot_20230414_115354_Chrome.jpg

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Be sure she wants alcohol before you decide to go ahead and purchase it. You may be, as you said, "sure" she will take to alcohol, but people should be free to make such a decision on their own, with no pressure into it.

That said, something that will mix well with fruit juice (vodka or rum) is always nice -- and has the advantage that the resulting drink can be mostly (or even almost totally) the juice. One can use as little alcohol as one wants.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It's also important to note that before one does any 'serious' drinking, one should be aware of one's tolerance.

I recall a time in my teens where I went to a company Christmas party, and I decided to try brandy for the first time. My step-father had offered me beer previously, and I was ignorant of the fact the the alcohol content is significantly different between beer and brandy. So I promptly began to chug brandy...two 32oz cupfuls is what I remember before I woke up on the floor with vomit on my tie and a load in my pants. The night ended with my parents picking me up from a police station.

Nimos

The best drink in my opinion is gin and tonic, despite not being all that fancy. But served with ice cubes and a good tonic and maybe a slice of lime, it's a winner. :)

1681503661337.png

VoidCat

Be sure she wants alcohol before you decide to go ahead and purchase it. You may be, as you said, "sure" she will take to alcohol, but people should be free to make such a decision on their own, with no pressure into it.

That said, something that will mix well with fruit juice (vodka or rum) is always nice -- and has the advantage that the resulting drink can be mostly (or even almost totally) the juice. One can use as little alcohol as one wants.
I actually just asked just in case she doesn't want to drink before I read the responses including this one. I realized after i posted this I should ask just to be sure. I posted this cuz she said she did want to drink at 21 a long time ago but it seems she's changed her mind. She don't think she could do moderation so she dont want to drink. So guys stop with the suggestions my sister doesnt want to drink.

VoidCat

Which means now i got to come up with a different gift for her! Rats. I have no clue what she might like for our birthday. I guess I'll just straight up ask

Last edited:

VoidCat

I just asked. She dont want no gift just to visit or have a video chat. Which is what i want for our birthday so thatll work.