• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Evolutionists: Is the cockroach a highly evolved creature?

Is the cockroach a highly evolved creature?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That's what everyone seems to want to know, including me. :)

The ones answered "yes" in the poll should explain it to us and how to know if an organism was
highly evolved or not, i don't know that there's an end or limits for the evolution.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
That's the logical fallacy know as argumentum ad populum, and yes, it is still ill-defined nonsense.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Why would anyone bother? It is nonsense. Spend your time usefully, read any of Jerry Coyne's books.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Question for evolutionists, and creationists can enter the discussion as well, since this DIR is about evolution & creationism.
Is the cockroach a 'highly evolved' creature? Is it 'more evolved', than say, humans? Why or why not?
There is no such thing as a more or less evolved creature. The term itself doesn't make sense since there is no scale of evolution that has a beginning and an end where things on this side of the scale are "more" evolved and the things on the other side are "less" evolved. We can say that humans are more complex than cockroaches but even that doesn't mean we are more evolved. One could say that we are not more evolved that single celled bacteria. Far more complex yes but not "more" evolved.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
Question for evolutionists, and creationists can enter the discussion as well, since this DIR is about evolution & creationism.
Is the cockroach a 'highly evolved' creature? Is it 'more evolved', than say, humans? Why or why not?

Best thread on the forum.
So only one other person would consider it awful to be incarnated as a cockroach next lifetime.
I would really like to know who that other soul is.
I'm glad I'm not the only one more evolved than a cockroach.

Years ago I caught one in a tissue and squished it.
It was a terrible experience.
I've been haunted by it ever since.
It has become something of a definition of lowliness.

Squished cockroaches.
Like, SQUISHED COCKROACHES people.
I mean, what is in the minds of these people?
That western education could result in the notion that almost everybody
has no more ambition than a cockroach.

A squished cockroach!!!

aaaarftrrgrgrghh!!!