• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Atheists

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If you were a theist asking yourself a question on RF, what would you ask yourself?

How would you reply?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If you were a theist asking yourself a question on RF, what would you ask yourself?

How would you reply?

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are asking. Am I both the theist and the atheist asking myself a question and expecting an answer in this formulation? That can't be what you mean. If not, what instead?

If had always been a theist, then my questions would likely look like theirs. How do you know for a fact that that there is no God? What do you do for moral values if you don't have a book to guide you? Why do you hate God? Why are you persecuting me and my religion? Why don't you attack the Muslims like you do us Christians? Did you actually see life evolve from a common ancestor?

But if I suddenly became a theist today, I wouldn't have any questions about atheism for myself, nor for other atheists. What would I ask? Why you don't you believe? I already know. What do you actually believe and why? I already know that answer as well.

Nimos

How would you reply?
Also a bit confused :D

So are we asking our self (the atheist) a question as a theist? or if we were a theist asking our self as a theist a question?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

How would you reply?
I am a theist on RF, but I generally won't ask myself questions here, because the answers will be just plain dumb. CFS syndrome.

On a side note re moderation ... are we breaking any rules if we're incredibly rude to ourselves? What about personal attacks?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What happens if a non-atheist answers a question directed to atheists? Do they become an atheist?

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

How would you reply?
"Why are you so handsome?"
"Ohhh stop" :oops:
"No seriously, you are tall, beautiful stripes! And those whiskers, my my my!"

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

How would you reply?

Theist Me would ask Atheist Me : What aspects of religion do you find beneficial regardless of belief? What aspects of belief do you think are beneficial regardless of religion? And where did you put that $50 note that was in the back pocket of your jeans yesterday?

Atheist Me would ask Theist Me : What happened to you? You used to be cool, and handsome and funny and charming. And now you're...well...cool and handsome and funny and charming, but you have some sort of vague God-belief.

Apatheist Me would ask both Atheist and Theist Me : Are you guys quite done with your pointless existential arguments? I'm trying to eat my $50 pizza in peace here.