• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all the atheists on here

Skwim

Veteran Member
Now where did I hear this silly argument before?
Oh yes!
It is the old one where Atheists claim science proved there was not enough water to cover the Earth 15 feet deep!
That would be closer to 25 feet (the number 15 was a cubit measure in Genesis 7:20)

Silly Atheists, Everest did not exist before the flood, the earth was much flatter and rounder and the oceans much shallower before the flood.
How do you know? There were certainly other mountains that had to be covered, so why not Mt. Everest.

Genesis 7:20
"20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered."

mount everest in global flood.png

The huge catastrophe created Upheavels, and sinking.
Everest was non existant before the flood.
And your source for this claim is what? If it's the Bible, chapter and verse please.

So where did the water go?
Good question. It's your story, so you tell us.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Now where did I hear this silly argument before?
Oh yes!
It is the old one where Atheists claim science proved there was not enough water to cover the Earth 15 feet deep!
it is actually another strawman made up by Atheists to prove nothing.
It goes like this.
Everest is 8 800 meters high.
if the world was covered with 8 800 meters of water, where did this water come from, and where did it go too?
Silly Atheists, Everest did not exist before the flood, the earth was much flatter and rounder and the oceans much shallower before the flood.
The huge catastrophe created Upheavels, and sinking.
Everest was non existant before the flood.
The water of the flood came from a wet atmosphere, and from below the earths surface, and was squashed out to eventually fill the oceans as we see today.
Much of this water was caught up on continents in ice plates, as evidence of lake Misoolah and the scab lands shows.
Looking at light House reef blue hole, the water over 3 000 tears rose at least 300 meters in its level.
Do you know how much 300 meters sircumfence on the oceans of the worls is that drained from the continents?
All the continents of the world dried up over 4 000 years, and is still doing so.
North Africa and the sahara was a lush green savannah with huge fresh water lakes, now desert.
So where did the water go?

Actually it was scientists who calculated how much water was on earth, not atheists.

And actually i also have done a similar calculation of how much water would be required to cover the earth to a depth greater than Everest. (The highest mountain)

It turns out that about 80 times more water is needed than exists or has ever existed.

The water from noahs flood didnt go anywhere, the flood never happened as described so the water never existed.

You will note that the amount of water slowly increases over time because water is deposited by meteors.

all-the-worlds-water.jpg

So the point here is science has evidence, what you have is faith in a bronze age myth.

SA Huguenot

Yes, and I knee every night at my bed and recite the field equations of Einstein and verses from the Darwin’s Origin of Species, or the Pythagorean pairs from the Babylonians Plimpton 322. Our sacred books.

And I lay on the floor and thank God with all my heart. For not existing. The Universe looks much more interesting without that uninvited guy. :)

Ciao

- viole
I love it!!
:)

ChristineM

Premium Member
Again, C14 depends totally upon the equlibrium of the creation of C14 from N14.
If the Atmosphere was not yet in equlibrium, due to huge ammounts of moisture in the Atmosphere, C14 would be non existant, or very shallow.
If somethin occured and the Atmosphere cleared this water moisture, N14 will be exposed, and C14 production would incease untill the ammounts of C14 / C13 ratios in plants equals the atmosphere.
Now, if the Bible say the atmosphere did not have a rainbow untill 4 500 years ago, it would give me the answer that equlibrium was only reached about 500 years after the flood.
This supplies us with a scientific fact, atheists dont want to know about, that C14 / C13 tests will show something that lived 4 500 years ago as having an age of excess of 20 000 years.
Something living 3 000 years ago will test very close to that date because of, yes, equlibrium.
Now why do I say C14 is important?
Because if not for this radiation, one will live very long.
If you can reduce your C14 intake, you can live to be 200 years old with a very healthy body.
funny that the Bible chronology corresponds with the graph if considering C14/C13 ratios.

See my previous post regarding water (including atmospheric moisture) on earth

Now all you need to do is prove C14 is any more of a determent to health than ... say... the rock and soil and sand we all live on.

SA Huguenot

That would be closer to 25 feet (the number 15 was a cubit measure in Genesis 7:20)

How do you know? There were certainly other mountains that had to be covered, so why not Mt. Everest.

Genesis 7:20
"20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered."

And your source for this claim is what? If it's the Bible, chapter and verse please.

Good question. It's your story, so you tell us.

wait a bit!
Are you telling me that the Earth had huge mountains when it was shaped by accretion?
Your argument is a straw puppet.
You are putting words in the Biblical interperetation that simply does not exist at all.
The Bible is clear that the Earth was a collection of Solids, Liquid and gas which seperated into atmosphere, land and sea.
Now, how will the earth appear if it shaped from such an entity?
Round and flat on its surface.
And it will have a lot of water contained within.
How will it appear if the water leaves the interiour with a global catastrophe, it will shape mountains and trenches where the water will collect.
Sorry pal, you should not make things up and decide this is what the Bible say.
I will never do that with science.

SA Huguenot

See my previous post regarding water (including atmospheric moisture) on earth

Now all you need to do is prove C14 is any more of a determent to health than ... say... the rock and soil and sand we all live on.
Well, if you dont know that you age purely because of radiation, there is not much I can say but to go and google a bit.
True, there are other factors, such as poison, but this has an immideate effect.
radiation is the ageing source.
Even if not protected on Mars, you will age 7 years in one day.
I will call this scientific common knowledge.

SA Huguenot

Well, that *is* what happens. but it happens in the upper atmosphere, where cosmic rays hitting the nitrogen produce C14 via the reaction

N14 + n --> C14 + p

Now, what that has to do with a 'clean atmosphere' is anyone's guess.
Easy,
if the Atmophere was moist, C14 would not form.
If C14 / c13 is less in ratio than now, the dating would seem exponentially older.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well, if you dont know that you age purely because of radiation, there is not much I can say but to go and google a bit.
True, there are other factors, such as poison, but this has an immideate effect.
radiation is the ageing source.
Even if not protected on Mars, you will age 7 years in one day.
I will call this scientific common knowledge.

I think you need to do a little research into DNA and Telomere's

SA Huguenot

Actually it was scientists who calculated how much water was on earth, not atheists.

And actually i also have done a similar calculation of how much water would be required to cover the earth to a depth greater than Everest. (The highest mountain)

It turns out that about 80 times more water is needed than exists or has ever existed.

The water from noahs flood didnt go anywhere, the flood never happened as described so the water never existed.

You will note that the amount of water slowly increases over time because water is deposited by meteors.

View attachment 33508

So the point here is science has evidence, what you have is faith in a bronze age myth.
And if you continue to ignore the fact that I shown Everest did not exist before the flood, your argument is valid, too which I will also agree.
But, then again, your straw man is that you say the Bible claims it covered Everest which it does not.
The Bible is clear that the Earth was much rounder and flatter than after the flood.
What you also showed is the volume of water in the ocians, which is beautifull to visualize.
However, even today much more water is discovered in the Earth's interior caught up in woodite.
Drilling in Russia gave evidence of much more water causgt up in the interior of the earth than previously thought.
Zircon crystals and Silver ions actually attests that the earth was much wetter than expected by scientific models 4.5 billion years ago.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Ok, so...
Do believe there is no God?
Yes, although that really says very little.

It would also say very little if I believed that there are any gods.

It is just not a very meaningful question to ask, nor to answer.

Or do you know there is no God?

I know that I personally do not have much of an use for the idea of a God. Is that enough for your purposes?

The religion of Atheism is self explanitory.
As in "non-existent", sure.

SA Huguenot

I think you need to do a little research into DNA and Telomere's
And I did.
it was interesting to learn how much damage the human body endures per day over say 70 years due to radiation.
C14 returning to N14 discharges beta radiation and simply destroys ajacent cells.
This energizes cells to split faster to heal and uses up the telemeres' length.
Eventually it runs out of length and can not split anymore, resulting in cell loss and organ failure.
This is what I learned.
If there is less radiation damage, the cell can live up to say 25 years without having to split saving the length of life expectancy.
Makes you think why the Bible tells us about people that lived almost 1 000 years.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I said Atheism is a religion for believing God does not exist.
Theism is a religion for believing God does exist.
and obviously Theism is a collective word including all different religions.
Why do you say atheism believes god doesn't exist? Haven't you been paying attention to the posts here?

ChristineM

Premium Member
And if you continue to ignore the fact that I shown Everest did not exist before the flood, your argument is valid, too which I will also agree.
But, then again, your straw man is that you say the Bible claims it covered Everest which it does not.
The Bible is clear that the Earth was much rounder and flatter than after the flood.
What you also showed is the volume of water in the ocians, which is beautifull to visualize.
However, even today much more water is discovered in the Earth's interior caught up in woodite.
Drilling in Russia gave evidence of much more water causgt up in the interior of the earth than previously thought.
Zircon crystals and Silver ions actually attests that the earth was much wetter than expected by scientific models 4.5 billion years ago.

And if you continue to ignore geography, plate tectonics, anthropology, the hebrew scriptures, fluid dynamics and geology then i see no point in debating deliberate ignorance.

The bible (Genesis 7:20) states that the waters submerged the world’s highest mountains under 15 cubits of water.

The flood occured (according to hebrew scripture) 1656 years after creation. This is around 2100 bce or just over 4100 years ago.

Are you denying scripture?

Now Everest began to form because of the collision of continents around 60 million years ago. It grows at approximately 3 mm per year, making it around 12.5 metres lower than today when the flood is claimed to have occured.

Had you have bothered to read the key of the graphic it would have shown you that fresh water is included

Rounder??? Do you realise that to scale, earth is rounder and smoother than a billiard ball?

Can i also add that you also ignore seismology to that list of deliberate ignorance. I am sure you have no idea why it is relevant but it was you who mentioned it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
And I did.
it was interesting to learn how much damage the human body endures per day over say 70 years due to radiation.
C14 returning to N14 discharges beta radiation and simply destroys ajacent cells.
Eventually it runs out of length and can not split anymore, resulting in cell loss and organ failure.
This is what I learned.
If there is less radiation damage, the cell can live up to say 25 years without having to split saving the length of life expectancy.
Makes you think why the Bible tells us about people that lived almost 1 000 years.

You may have looked but you most certainly did not study

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I said Atheism is a religion for believing God does not exist.
Theism is a religion for believing God does exist.
and obviously Theism is a collective word including all different religions.
How presumptuous of you to try to define a "religion" for someone else.

How self-centered of you to assume that rejecting your beliefs would be enough to define an entire religion.

ChristineM

Premium Member
And I did.
This is what I learned.

Please find attached a paper compiled by the Institute De Radioprotection et de Surete Nuceaire (IRSN) on Carbon14 and the environment.

https://www.irsn.fr/EN/Research/pub...s/environment/Pages/carbon14-environment.aspx

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Again, why do anyone think God had a beginning?
God exists in a timeless, non spacial, and non material entity.
You seem to know a lot about this god, but I have yet to see any real reason to believe he exists at all. As far as I know there's no empirical evidence for him. The wonders of the world, which theists use as evidence for god, are explainable by ordinary physics, chemistry, biology, &c.
Theists throw out all sorts of objections to scientific theories, thinking that by discrediting science they bolster theism. This is not the case.
I find it ridicilous when people tells me they have evidence that the Universe spontaniously developed from nothing, but demand that God can not!
Not from nothing; from "no thing." Read something about cosmology before you criticize it.
Do you also object to relativity or quantum mechanics? Nothing could possibly be more of an assault on commonsense than these -- yet they work...
First, I do not agree that God had a beginning, time is just something by accident we experience as the Earth travells around the Sun, and we age.
First you need to establish this god's existence, then you can preach about him.
before there was a solar system, there was no measurable time in Earth years.
So, how the heck does science measure time with out a solarsystem for 8 billion years from the Big Bang to the event of our Sun?
No time before there was a solar system? :confused: Where did you get that idea? The universe existed long before our star was born; long before the planets coalesced.
They simply use imaginary Time.
What's imaginary time?
So, what was before the Big Bang?
No time, matter and space.
Exactly!
Now, I dont believe in this God you ascribe as one that came into existance.
I cant, because such a god will be a created god,
Mine is prior to time, free of any created matter, space. My God is one that is without Cause, but caused the universe..
So you're arguing from personal incredulity?
I don't ascribe to a god who came into existence, by the way.
Your religious view is that the universe caused itself!
But!!!
You deny that a divine being could caus itself.
I taste a bit of hypocricy.
My view, not religious, is that we don't know how the universe came to be, or whether there was a "cause" or not, but there is good evidence of a beginning.
I'm not denying anything about a supreme being. I need to establish his existence before I can speculate about his nature or qualities.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
My God said that people lived to be almost 1 000 years.
Then my God said, people will live only 120 years.
Then He said we will live only 70 years.

Oh dear, I think I am overdue - the library will be coming for me and expecting dues. :oops:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No, that is an Agnostic.
Atheists believe there is no God.
They have no evidence to prove otherwize, therefore they believe.
Atheism is a religion, dawkins is your priest, and Marx your philosophy and darwin your god.

Completely wrong on all points. There *are* no divinities. In particular, Darwin, Dawkins, and Marx are humans. All have made at least some errors.

At least Darwin and Dawkins are scientists. Marx was mostly a (bad) philosopher.