• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all the atheists on here

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nope, I have never seen a rainbow in a foggy weather.
You might see it from a distance where Sunlight envelops the fog, but not if you are covered by it.
I am not talking of some small weather pocket pal, I say the whole atmosphere was fog.
I also say the whole earth was a soft collection of mud and it was more marches than dry land we know today.
Therefore, no rainbow
Why do you think the Earth was covered in fog, and when was this? The ancient flora and fauna don't seem to have been fog-selective, and there is no indication of worldwide mud or marsh. These things leave traces.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do you think the Earth was covered in fog, and when was this? The ancient flora and fauna don't seem to have been fog-selective, and thewre is no indication of worldwide mud or marsh. These things leave traces.

In fact, we can go further and state that there were definitely deserts, for example.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You missed out on what I said.
Now, if the Bible say the atmosphere did not have a rainbow untill 4 500 years ago, it would give me the answer that equlibrium was only reached about 500 years after the flood.
I said equlibrium will be reached 500 years after the flood.
It is a scientific fact that if cosmic rays were to start to have an effect on the outer limits of the Atmosphere, it might even take 700 to 1 000 years to reach an equlibrium where C13 and C14 ratio is as it is today. I work on the worst scenario of 500 years.
But there was no world flood! Such a deluge would have had a massive impact and left evidence everywhere, especially if you say it was only ~5000 years ago, There is no such evidence, in fact, there is evidence of human villages, forests, seas, fauna, &c living happily through the period in question.

Evidence for the flood: some stories in an ancient book of folklore, which you apparently accept for emotional reasons despite widespread evidence to the contrary.
I'd be glad to steer you to consilient evidence against Noah and the flood, but I suspect you'd refuse to consider -- and probably refuse to view -- any evidence contrary to your already fixed ideas.

Another thing: why do you think the laws of physics were different a few thousand years ago? There is no indication of this, and no reason it should be so, but, because it might obviate your folklore of choice, you reject it outright and bolster your rejection by collecting these spurious, anti-science "facts" from god knows where.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
wait a bit!
Are you telling me that the Earth had huge mountains when it was shaped by accretion?
Your argument is a straw puppet.
who or what says the earth was shaped by accretion? Do you even know what accretion is? I do!

You are putting words in the Biblical interperetation that simply does not exist at all.
What are you talking about? The only thing I said in reference to the Bible was to quote it:

Genesis 7:20
"Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered."

The Bible is clear that the Earth was a collection of Solids, Liquid and gas which seperated into atmosphere, land and sea.
Now, how will the earth appear if it shaped from such an entity?
Round and flat on its surface.
Then why does the Bible say there were already mountains before the flooding was over?

Genesis 7:20
"Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered."
Genesis 8:4
And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

shutterstock_721400467-e1524484089989.jpg

The mountains of Ararat
.height: 16,854 feet (3.19 miles high)
And it will have a lot of water contained within.
What will?

Sorry pal, you should not make things up and decide this is what the Bible say.
Like what?

I will never do that with science.
That's good.

In any case you still haven't answered my questions:

"How do you know "Everest did not exist before the flood, the earth was much flatter and rounder and the oceans much shallower before the flood?" There were certainly other mountains that had to be covered, so why not Mt. Everest?"
and

"Your source for the claim that "The huge catastrophe created Upheavels, and sinking.
Everest was non existant before the flood" is what? If it's the Bible, chapter and verse please.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you not paid attention in any science classes in school? I ask, because theists tend to be surprisingly ignorant of science despite having taken the classes throughout their education.
If he doesn't even know that air is a gas, a molecular stuff -- which any eight year old could tell you -- I wonder why he thinks we'd give any credence to his musings on atomic physics.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All in the Bible, but not here on this post now.
I might lateron open another.
The Bible is not a book of science. It's folklore; ancient stories from primitive peoples with no knowledge of science, of cause and effect or how the world worked. They didn't even know what the world was.
The bible is not fact based; not science based. It's based on "revelations" from various saints and sages, who were never evaluated psychologically or even interviewed by a dispassionate journalist.
Sure, you can find biblical passages that could be interpreted as scientifically insightful, but you can find the same in the Quran, the Tao, the Popol Vuh or, for that matter, The Hobbit or Harry Potter.

Last edited:

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If you lift your hand up and put it into the air.You will notice there is nothing inside of the air your hand is touching.So how can everything come from nothing when talking about the milky way galaxy?:confused:And by the way I am not trying to offend you with my question.Just curious is all.:)

I hereby dare all atheists at RF to "put their hand in there like they just don't care!"