• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all of the atheists on here

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why not? Besides, you needed an electrical current, I believe, to have "tested it." :) Not quite a real proof. And then -- and then what happened to the combined elements? Still testing? In the words of the late Gilda Radner, "I don't think so."
what are you talking about here? If it is the Miller/Urey experiment that was successfully done over fifty years ago.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, another amazingly weak argument that creationists use.

But then that is why there is no real debate. There is only corrections of creationist misconceptions.
They do use that argument? OK, it's a pretty good one. Not one animal (and I won't call humans animals unless they act like one) has invented or felt the need for clothing. How come? They didn't evolve to that point? Or -- as you say -- it's only a creationist's argument? Creationist, I suppose, to you, is a person who believes that God made animals,rocks, and everything besides Himself? Not sure what creationists believe or what you think they believe. The fact still remains (yes the FACT), that apes, shrimp, giraffes, and lions, do not, and I repeat, do NOT make or wear clothes. Any idea as quantifying it according to evolution as to why that is so? Humans look like humans. Apes resemble apes.

YoursTrue

You still are an ape. Seriously. Creationists quite often have a mistaken idea of a "change in kind". That is a creationist strawman of evolution. In evolution there is no "change of kind".
I would think if an ape produced anything looking close to a human there would be a big commotion about it. but then, as you say, that is construed by you as a "creationist" argument. I'm beginning to think creationists make a lot of sense.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They do use that argument? OK, it's a pretty good one. Not one animal (and I won't call humans animals unless they act like one) has invented or felt the need for clothing. How come? They didn't evolve to that point? Or -- as you say -- it's only a creationist's argument? Creationist, I suppose, to you, is a person who believes that God made animals,rocks, and everything besides Himself? Not sure what creationists believe or what you think they believe. The fact still remains (yes the FACT), that apes, shrimp, giraffes, and lions, do not, and I repeat, do NOT make or wear clothes. Any idea as quantifying it according to evolution as to why that is so? Humans look like humans. Apes resemble apes.

What do you mean by"act like an animal ". Just because someone is acting in a way that you disapprove of does not mean that they are acting like an animal. And yes, you are an animal too. Are you multicellular? Can you chemically make your own food in your body? If you answered yes and no then you are by definition an animal.

And like it or not humans are apes.. So far you have failed to identify a biological difference.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I would think if an ape produced anything looking close to a human there would be a big commotion about it. but then, as you say, that is construed by you as a "creationist" argument. I'm beginning to think creationists make a lot of sense.
but they do every day. Every human mother is an ape. Your mother was an ape. There is no big deal about it because that is what is expected.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Support your claim of it being no older than 500BC
No, no, no. You made the claim first and I asked for evidence. After you give yours then you can ask me to support my claim. Or you could admit that you have nothing and then you can politely ask for evidence. I will gladly comply.

YoursTrue

but they do every day. Every human mother is an ape. Your mother was an ape. There is no big deal about it because that is what is expected.
LOL. Humans, however, come out naked. Like apes. Apes still stay apes
In atheism the afterlife you go to is simply ceasing to exist on your deathbed.Why doesn't the idea of ceasing to exist forever not more scary to atheists?:eek:
Boy we went a long way from the initial question.

We Never Know

No Slack
No, no, no. You made the claim first and I asked for evidence. After you give yours then you can ask me to support my claim. Or you could admit that you have nothing and then you can politely ask for evidence. I will gladly comply.

Fine. But we all know you won't support your claim. You will deny my source. It's your norm from what I have seen

The 500-600BC was only thought because many scholars didn't think writings in Hebrew went back any further. However it has been found Hebrew writing goes back to at least 1000BC.
Bible Possibly Written Centuries Earlier, Text Suggests

We Never Know

No Slack

Anyone making a claim, whether first, second or last, needs to support it.