• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all of the atheists on here

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That is incorrect. People who are often not in the sciences make this sort of error all of the time. Just because a person cannot understand how a concept can be tested does not mean that it cannot be tested.
Perhaps you did not understand what I said. Which shows something on your part. I'll repeat -- you cannot test what's not there. And -- to say that life emerged from a soupy mass is conjecture. In other words, guesswork. That you deny that is demonstrating your obstinacy.

YoursTrue

First of all the theory of evolution does not address the origin of life. Darwin’s book was called Origin of the Species, not origin of the universe. (And yes I’m aware it’s not the “Bible” of biology, as it were.)
Might want to brush up on your science there. Not going to lie, even Miss Frizzle would be dismayed at such a showing.
Secondly how does teaching biology promote evolution? Life forms mutate, that’s just observable reality. You can see it in diseases even!!! Does that mean reality promotes evolution?
Science is based in logic, don’t force lofty artsy ideals/interpretations into the STEM side of things. They don’t mix very well.
And thirdly, the alternative can be anything from aliens to an experience concocted by Buddha. You are aware that many atheists can also be found in religions such as Jainism or Buddhism, right? And some religions even go so far as to outright reject the concept of a creator God/goddess?

Life is more complicated than “evolution or God did it.”
While I find cell studies interesting, it is not incredible to say that life did not emerge from a soupy mass. Life cannot be said with authority to have emerged and eventually evolved out of the soupy mass.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Perhaps you did not understand what I said. Which shows something on your part. I'll repeat -- you cannot test what's not there. And -- to say that life emerged from a soupy mass is conjecture. In other words, guesswork. That you deny that is demonstrating your obstinacy.
No, you can't test the concepts, others can. I understood the error that you made just fine.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So did humans evolve from apes or not? Was it you that said they did? :)

You still are an ape. Seriously. Creationists quite often have a mistaken idea of a "change in kind". That is a creationist strawman of evolution. In evolution there is no "change of kind".

YoursTrue

You still are an ape. Seriously. Creationists quite often have a mistaken idea of a "change in kind". That is a creationist strawman of evolution. In evolution there is no "change of kind".
OK, so it was you that said humans evolved from apes, or that humans ARE apes. :- But you didn't mean we "evolved" from apes, did you, but that we ARE apes. OK. lol. And your proof is??

YoursTrue

No, you can't test the concepts, others can. I understood the error that you made just fine.
Again -- you cannot test even the concept that "life" somehow emerged--jumped out of--the soupy mass/lake. Unless, of course, you belong to the Disney studio.

YoursTrue

OK, so it was you that said humans evolved from apes, or that humans ARE apes. :- But you didn't mean we "evolved" from apes, did you, but that we ARE apes. OK. lol. And your proof is??
Oh yes, and I looked at apes recently. I think they're ugly*. But then I'm wondering about ears of humans. Next time I see an ape I'll look at their ears. *I'm quite sure some think apes are beautiful. Or pretty. Or handsome. I don't. I do, however, think some humans are beautiful or handsome. I think some are ugly as well.

We Never Know

No Slack
Again -- you cannot test even the concept that "life" somehow emerged--jumped out of--the soupy mass/lake. Unless, of course, you belong to the Disney studio.

The concept of life's building blocks forming in a lab can and has been tested.
Abiogenesis itself hasn't. We aren't there yet.

YoursTrue

The concept of life's building blocks forming in a lab can and has been tested.
Abiogenesis itself hasn't. We aren't there yet.
Why not? Besides, you needed an electrical current, I believe, to have "tested it." :) Not quite a real proof. And then -- and then what happened to the combined elements? Still testing? In the words of the late Gilda Radner, "I don't think so."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh yes, and I looked at apes recently. I think they're ugly*. But then I'm wondering about ears of humans. Next time I see an ape I'll look at their ears. *I'm quite sure some think apes are beautiful. Or pretty. Or handsome. I don't. I do, however, think some humans are beautiful or handsome. I think some are ugly as well.
That is a terrible thing to say about yourself.

Like it or not people are apes. You will not be able to find a serious biological difference between people and other apes.

YoursTrue

That is a terrible thing to say about yourself.

Like it or not people are apes. You will not be able to find a serious biological difference between people and other apes.
I won't? I think if I go to the zoo I can tell the difference without biological testing between humans and apes. :) For the most part.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
OK, I like the clothing argument. Ape/apes (not human apes) have not devised or invented clothes yet.
Yes, another amazingly weak argument that creationists use.

But then that is why there is no real debate. There is only corrections of creationist misconceptions.