• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about Noah

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
i think it's equally as strange to believe the earth is billions of years old or that we came from monkeys and so on. so either way it sounds a bit far fetched but like i said that's just me. i'm done with this cause it feels like i'm goin around in circles with you guys and it's gotten off topic.
That is fine. There are a lot of things in science that seem far-fetched. It may be hard to imagine that the same force that causes apples to fall to the ground is responsible for keeping the moon in orbit. It may be hard to imagine that all those tiny little stars in the sky are actually the same size or larger than our sun. It may be hard to imagine that the earth is round and that there are people waking upside down on the other side. It may be hard to imagine that gravity can actually affect the flow of time. It may be hard to imagine that a sub atomic particle can exist in many different places at the same time. I can understand how these things may seem strange and be difficult to understand.

But what a tragedy it would be if you were to just stop there. How sad would it be if you just said to yourself, “this seems strange to me so I am just going to pretend it doesn’t exist”. You have to understand that scientists are not just saying that the earth is 4.5 billion years old; they are saying that they have overwhelming evidence that the earth is 4.5 billion of years old from a variety of different scientific disciplines. For you to reject the claim because it seems strange without examining the evidence is ridiculous.

Science is a wonderful and beautiful way of understanding the world you live in. It can open your mind up to new perceptions and new understandings. You say it seems strange but it is so much stranger than you have begun to imagine, and more wonderful. For you to dismiss all this simply because it is strange and “far-fetched” is absolutely tragic. There is no other word for it – tragic.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
no, most of science does work and is proven but i'm just saying... that not all of it does. not for me. maybe for you which is fine but not for me. i'm not saying that all of it doesn't work. i was just pointing out that people think it's so strange to believe in a God... well i think it's equally as strange to believe the earth is billions of years old or that we came from monkeys and so on. so either way it sounds a bit far fetched but like i said that's just me. i'm done with this cause it feels like i'm goin around in circles with you guys and it's gotten off topic.

Well I do find that YECs tend to flee when their arguments are challenged.

Science works but you reject it anyway? I mean as a method. Do you believe the scientific method works or not?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Kimberlee's faith seems extremely weak to me. Whenever anyone says anything that challenges her beliefs, she flees the thread.

MSizer

MSizer
Yes, of course I don't know what is in her mind, but she reminds me of one who is afraid to think for fear of the potential consequences of being led astray. Of course I say that I am only speculating and going on little evidence.

Kimberlee

midians mommy!
no it's not that..... i just feel like i'm sayin the same thing over and over.... and you guys are too so i don't feel the need or want to continue. there are some people that are just disrespectful and i don't deserve that. nobody does. and no not you darkendless you had good points. it's not that i'm challenged, i love a challege. i just don't wanna talk about the same thing forever. athiest and believers will always have the same arguement. i believe in freedom of religion. so i comend you for standing up for what you believe. so on that note.... peace

Kerr

no, most of science does work and is proven but i'm just saying... that not all of it does. not for me. maybe for you which is fine but not for me. i'm not saying that all of it doesn't work. i was just pointing out that people think it's so strange to believe in a God... well i think it's equally as strange to believe the earth is billions of years old or that we came from monkeys and so on. so either way it sounds a bit far fetched but like i said that's just me. i'm done with this cause it feels like i'm goin around in circles with you guys and it's gotten off topic.
If you haven´t read about this, be glad you haven´t read about quantom physics then, or string theory. Those are very good at screwing with ones mind, since they throw all traditional laws out of the window. Like things going though something at the same time as they don´t or particles being in several places at once.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
If we are told, that everyone on earth was destroyed, that would include all the diversity in races.
Noah his wife, and children and their wives, we are in a situation that each of those spouses perhaps made up the ethnic diversity needed for the diversity we have today.

For example, if Noah only went onto the ark with white people, there is no way black people would have been possible.

This scenario of a world wide flood as opposed to a local flood would therefor have to be a miracle.

I thought of this diversity issue last night and thought you all might think it is interesting.

(Yes I already know all the problems with storing bacteria, and all the animals, but thought this was a more simple way to examine the issue of a world wide flood.
If you go back even further in the beliefs of the same religions that believe in Noah, you see that all races would have had to be made from just two people, Adam and Eve. At least in the Noah scenario, if I am not mistaken, his children and their wives came with and it is possible that the wives were of different races. It is always possible, too, that these wives were pregnant with babies of other races before the flood hit (ie: Noah's sons were not the fathers).