• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putin challenges Biden to a live debate after "killer" comment.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I know the response if it was a Republican president. It would be , "Bring it on"!

Now that we have a Democrat President, will this be a wimpout or will Biden rise to the challenge?

I know if it was JFK, he'd be there first to head butt Putin with the spirit of Rocky's Eye of the Tiger or are those days over?

.Putin challenges Biden to debate after president calls him a 'killer'

I say yes because an American President dosent back down on a challenge. Bring on the debate!

Or does Putun win by default?

exchemist

Veteran Member
I know the response if it was a Republican president. It would be , "Bring it on"!

Now that we have a Democrat President, will this be a wimpout or will Biden rise to the challenge?

I know if it was JFK, he'd be there first to head butt Putin with the spirit of Rocky's Eye of the Tiger or are those days over?

I say yes because an American President dosent back down on a challenge. Bring on the debate!

Now, however, the USA has a president that realises he is not a participant in a game show. It seems some people are having a hard time getting used to that. ;)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I predict that Biden will chicken out

Was a dumm move IMHO. Everyone knows that Russians love Russian Roulette and are good at it

Putin will win by default (even if Biden brings it on, 1 on 1)

Twilight Hue

Ya can't buy entertainment like this. Where's my popcorn...
I'm just wondering what the topic would be?

Here's what I'd propose,

Since sensitive Americans say name calling offends and hurts people now in this day and age, is this an attempt to hurt Putins feelings in order to see him step down and seek consoling by a qualified therapist?

Twilight Hue

I predict that Biden will chicken out

Was a dumm move IMHO. Everyone knows that Russians love Russian Roulette and are good at it

Putin will win by default (even if Biden brings it on, 1 on 1)

I say Putin wins too because the choice of president in the modern era will never want stand up to an old traditional Russian leader in debate because of fear of looking like a fool.

Of course in the old days, that challenge would be met with vigor that no American president will back out in front of such a challenge.

Putin knows he's safe here and more capable of handling a debate and it's not like it was in the past when we once had strong tough Presidential opponents that would have givin him a proper run for the money.

Obviously that's no more, much to US embarrassment that Russia has the upper hand now if Biden declines.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Now, however, the USA has a president that realises he is not a participant in a game show
I did not see much of a "realization" when Biden called Putin a "Killer"

That is the worst Ad Hominem Attack ever, hence Biden started the debate, though a very bad first move

Hence if Biden chickens out of the debate he started himself now, he totally lost face for the whole world

It seems some people are having a hard time getting used to that. ;)
Except maybe a few who are having a hard time seeing that

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

This could have been a nice discussion. Too bad it was laced with bias from the onset. Maybe next time.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I did not see much of a "realization" when Biden called Putin a "Killer"

That is the worst Ad Hominem Attack ever, hence Biden started the debate, though a very bad first move

Hence if Biden chickens out of the debate he started himself now, he totally lost face for the whole world

Except maybe a few who are having a hard time seeing that
What nonsense. The word was put to him, in an interview, and he agreed: Putin is a killer - which he is. Putin uses state assassination as a weapon. We have seen it repeatedly. So it's just a simple statement of the truth, requiring no further justification or comment.

I repeat: this is not a game show any more. Everyone needs to think back to when geopolitics was a serious business, hard though that may be after the last four years of infantile chaos.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree with this

Biden will see, with or without Randy Rainbow, Colors anyway when getting hit by Putin
So you advocate hitting 78 year old men? :)

Seriously, Biden should not dignify Putin by giving him a stage like that. I think Trump was the only U.S. President in history to glorify a Russian dictator. Putin loves Trump. Trump loves Putin. I see a perfect solution. A Russian wedding.

Twilight Hue

This could have been a nice discussion. Too bad it was laced with bias from the onset. Maybe next time.
It's not biased. Otherwise I would not have included JFK who imo would gladly back up his comments with Putins challenge had he been alive and president today.

Biden obvously initiated the comment. So he is obligated to take Putin up on his offer and responded with OK. Lets debate it.

It's a matter of backing up what you say.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm not sure what they would actually debate about. Nixon and Khrushchev had their famous "Kitchen Debate," so maybe it could be something like that. But he was vice-president at the time.

Perhaps Biden can have Kamala Harris debate instead. Go in as his champion. Or maybe even Hillary. That might be interesting.

Twilight Hue

So you advocate hitting 78 year old men? :)

Seriously, Biden should not dignify Putin by giving him a stage like that. I think Trump was the only U.S. President in history to glorify a Russian dictator. Putin loves Trump. Trump loves Putin. I see a perfect solution. A Russian wedding.
It's a debate, not a cage match. Albiet I did enjoy using boxing metaphors. :0]

Twilight Hue

I'm not sure what they would actually debate about. Nixon and Khrushchev had their famous "Kitchen Debate," so maybe it could be something like that. But he was vice-president at the time.

Perhaps Biden can have Kamala Harris debate instead. Go in as his champion. Or maybe even Hillary. That might be interesting.
I would prefer Biden and Putin since Biden was the one who started the exchange.

But in the spirit of sending in your "champion" I'd definitely have my money with Hillary. Harris is OK I'd still watch it. I still think Putin would do the debate himself though.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Biden obvously initiated the comment. So he is obligated to take Putin up on his offer and responded with OK. Lets debate it.
I can see that line of reasoning. I might suggest that he not address it at all. Personally, I am not a fan of political drama all the time, especially between superpowers. I wouldn't see anything positive coming out of it, although our meme supply is running a bit low these days.