• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophet Muhammad prophesised in Bible.

Crowley

While Muhammad lived there was no need for a 'king". When Muhammad passed on there was no clear succession. The Caliphate was not instituted by Muhammad. All Muhammad instituted was the Imamate.

The Caliphate was created by Umar and Abu Bakr.
The Hebrew throne NEVER passed through a woman, so Mary's claim to descent from David is moot and irrelevant. The whole charge that Jesus said he was King of the Jews was trumped up by the Sanhedrin to convince the Romans that Jesus was a political threat to control of Palestine; that was the only thing that would trigger Pilate to act.

I refer to what GOD SAYS in his word. I'm not interested in the politics of ancient hypocrites whose kingdoms have long vanished.
I speak of the reigning risen Christ.

Ephesians 1:20-22 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come : And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne. Psalm 132.11

God says there that HE will sit on David's throne through David's body. Jesus is the Son of God (God)

ie: (of God's thinking) Jesus is our high priest, yet was not from the tribe of Levi, but of Judah. David was anointed king, yet was not the firstborn of Jesse. Jacob took the blessing and was not the firstborn. My point is God does things as he says, not as man thinks he should.

Jesus was king because God SAID that He God would sit on David's throne. See Psalm 132.11
And Jesus is the Son of God. God told David that, of the fruit of David's loins, (flesh) he God would sit on David's throne.

Jesus was the heir to David's throne because his legal father Joseph was a descendent of David and legal husband of Mary. No one said anything about Mary's blood. Even though Acts 20.28 says that God has blood.
You're taking things out of their context.
Jesus is king of kings. His kingdom rules over all kingdoms. Right now.
Because God said so!

The "Kingship" of the Prophets has nothing to do with thrones and dynasties, it is a symbolic thing based upon the might confered by being the instrument of the Word of God.

The prophets were not kings. The kings were kings beginning with Saul. Jesus is the Word of God, the Torah in flesh the last Adam, the King now reigning from on high of which there shall be no end to his kingdom as Gabriel told Mary.
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. 32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Most High: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. (Gabriel) (bold type mine)(NT)

To stretch and distort it to make it a thing of physical crowns and thrones is a severe distortion of religion--an idle fancy and vain imagining.

This is your understanding of what Bah'ai'ism teaches you which is in direct contradiction to the Bible.
I just gave a few scriptures since I don't have time to give the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

BTW, I have studied Baha'ism and it is so distorted and idle and a true fancy of the clouded mind of the Bab and his followers.
I could show you so many distortions in your belief starting now.

Popeyesays

Dear Crowley,

All that you cite is tradition not Gospel. If the tradition is flawed, it's no good. And here the tradition is flawed.

\Regards,
Scott

Crowley

I am glad that you agree that the Qur'an is unflawed and the writings of the Bab and Baha`u'llah are also unflawed.

Regards,
Scott

Your beliefs do not come from God, but from the unholy thoughts of sinful men.

Popeyesays

Your beliefs do not come from God, but from the unholy thoughts of sinful men.

A simple question:

Do you truly believe such statements cause people to agree with you?

Regards,
Scott

"And if a nightingale [1] soar upward from the clay of self and dwell in the rose bower of the heart, and in Arabian melodies and sweet Iranian songs recount the mysteries of God -- a single word of which quickeneth to fresh, new life the bodies of the dead, and bestoweth the Holy Spirit upon the moldering bones of this existence -- thou wilt behold a thousand claws of envy, a myriad beaks of rancor hunting after Him and with all their power intent upon His death."
[1 This refers to Bahá'u'lláh's own Manifestation.]
(Baha'u'llah, The Seven Valleys, p. 19)

Crowley

I'm not looking for anyone to agree with me.:rainbow1: Lol.
I learned a long long long time ago when I put my hand to the
plow to follow Christ that I would go it alone.
I have come all the way alone and no one has walked with me but Christ.
I forsook all to follow him and have found it is true as he said that the world will hate me.
My only friends are the other Christians and believe me they are the world's best people.
I sat down one day and counted the cost and sure enough it is as Jesus said,
I will go it alone.
I am fine. I am doing well.
I am doing great!

UnityNow101

Crowley...What are the fruits of the Spirit? Is that not what we are to judge all by? No bad tree shall bear bad fruit.

Crowley

Crowley...What are the fruits of the Spirit? Is that not what we are to judge all by? No bad tree shall bear bad fruit.

Bad trees bear bad fruits (using profanity) cursing me such as Scott did.
If I agree with all he says, then I'm accepted but because I believe only the Bible I'm not open minded to recieve all the bab's so called truths.
I only believe what God said in the Bible, that's it, no compromise no room for anything else for Christ is all in all.
Jesus said "all power is given unto me" so he has all power which means there is no power left over for anyone else.
How clear is that????

Popeyesays

Bad trees bear bad fruits (using profanity) cursing me such as Scott did.
If I agree with all he says, then I'm accepted but because I believe only the Bible I'm not open minded to recieve all the bab's so called truths.
I only believe what God said in the Bible, that's it, no compromise no room for anything else for Christ is all in all.
Jesus said "all power is given unto me" so he has all power which means there is no power left over for anyone else.
How clear is that????

Dear Crowley,

I did not curse you.

jesus' power is God's power. God has plenty of power left over for other Messengers.

Regards,
Scott

UnityNow101

And you have every right to not believe in the Bab and Baha'u'llah or their message. There is nothing wrong with that. But I don't like to hear people say that someone else's beliefs are borderline lunacy or that they have commited blashpemy of the Holy Spirit, the unforgiveable sin. Scott is a great guy and defends himself in a respectful way in most instances. You have every right to your beliefs and so does he. But we shouldn't resort to calling someone else's views lunatic..That is not what I have believed these forums to be for.

Crowley

jesus' power is God's power. God has plenty of power left over for other Messengers.

Regards,
Scott

:rolleyes: So what are you saying that what Jesus said is not true?
He said all power is his in heaven and in earth.
He gives power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and all the power of the enemy.
I tread upon serpents and scorpions and all other power of the enemy in his name but he never said there would be more messengers.:sorry1:
You seem to think that anything is believable.:p
Where do you get the idea Jesus sent more messengers?

Crowley

And you have every right to not believe in the Bab and Baha'u'llah or their message. There is nothing wrong with that. But I don't like to hear people say that someone else's beliefs are borderline lunacy or that they have commited blashpemy of the Holy Spirit, the unforgiveable sin. Scott is a great guy and defends himself in a respectful way in most instances. You have every right to your beliefs and so does he. But we shouldn't resort to calling someone else's views lunatic..That is not what I have believed these forums to be for.

:yes: Amen that's right UnityNow101 I have rights!
I understand the Bab thinks he is the Holy Spirit and also Muslims think this about Muhammed.
The Bible calls that blasphemy.
Not me, the Bible.:clap
I am not a troublemaker and I think I have the right to believe only the Bible.

UnityNow101

Jesus doesn't send anything. All of the power that Jesus had was GIVEN to Him by God, the Almighty Creator of the Heaven and Earth. Jesus said that He had much more to tell the Apostles, but they could not bear to hear it at that time. Therefore, He says that God will send them another Helper or Comforter. Many believe this to mean a reference to Muhammed, as Parakletos or Periklutos(translated into english as comforter), can be translated as "Ahmad", another name used in the Qu'ran to refer to Muhammed.

Christians believe the Paraclete to be the Holy Spirit, but even this is just an interpretation, as you can see the people being guided by the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament. It is not something that just magically appeared once Jesus ascended to Heaven. That is why many believe it to refer to an actual teacher that would reveal the things not told by Jesus. This would probably be more accurate given the fact that the Holy Spirit was present before the time of Jesus.

gnostic

The Lost One
Crowley said:
Jesus came into the world a humble baby born in a stable. Kings came from the east to bring him gifts gold, frankincence and myrrh.
They weren't kings. There were no mention that the 3 visitors from the East were of royal status. The association to them being kings is a myth.

The only thing clear is that came from the east and they studied the stars, ie. astronomers or astrologists. After giving the gifts they left on the road, back to their own countries, avoiding meeting Herod again.

I'd suggest that you read your gospels properly, Crowley.

Popeyesays

They weren't kings. There were no mention that the 3 visitors from the East were of royal status. The association to them being kings is a myth.

The only thing clear is that came from the east and they studied the stars, ie. astronomers or astrologists. After giving the gifts they left on the road, back to their own countries, avoiding meeting Herod again.

I'd suggest that you read your gospels properly, Crowley.

The Gospel does not even specify the number. That they were Magians does not mean they were kings. They were serious students of astrology, numerology, etc. practicing an art that in Persia was highly regarded. The magians were the priests of the Zoroastrian faith in Persia and Iraq.

regards,
Scott

gnostic

The Lost One
popeyesays said:
The Gospel does not even specify the number.
You're right, popeyesays. :yes:

It has being a long while since I have looked at this part of NT, so I don't recall everything about this event. What I do know is that they were not kings.

Sorry about the error and thank you for the correction. :)