• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophet Muhammad prophesised in Bible.

MFaraz_Hayat

The Qur'an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:
"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."
"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem"

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

MFaraz_Hayat

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26: "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."
This refers to Prophet Muhammad as he and the message given to him (Quran), confirms that Jesus was one of the mightiest messengers sent by Allah on Earth. And if a muslim doesnot believe in Jesus being a Prophet, he is not a true muslim.
. Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:
"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."
When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".
Muslims would realize that this was the exact method through which, Prophet Muhammad recieved the first revelation.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Most religions are born out of other religions. Truth is more liquid than any of them can grasp. x

gnomon

I'm just so happy that everything that has already happened is according to prophecy. Now, can someone tell what happens next? Beyond all the screaming and dying prophecy that keeps getting delayed every four years.

MFaraz_Hayat

The Question is that why don't Christians accept Prophet Muhammad, when he has been Prophesised. (All the quotations were from King James version of Bible)

lew0049

CWebb
It is truly inaccurate for one to believe that the reference made in John refer to Muhammad b/c of a few very important reasons.

First, read the entire book of John.
I guess if you routinely pick something out and neglect everything else in a book then your reasoning might work. John states that Jesus existed before Abraham and a ladder between heaven and earth. Thomas refers to Jesus as my Lord and my God. Additionally, the book states that Jesus was crucified, dead, buried and resurrected. Again, something that the Quran does not support. Additionally, the SAME chapters in John you reference also say Jesus is the only way to God.
'
Also, you are not reading the verses closely at all. In John, Jesus says the Spirit was already with them but the prophecy was that the Spirit would be "in them" and dwell with them forever. This is something new as the Spirit was already in Jesus.
Also, Jesus says the Comforter would be with his disciples forever, which Muhammad was not. Also, you neglect where it states the "invisible" Comforter. Many people saw saw Muhammad so he was definitely not invisible.
Also, Jesus says the Comforter will come quickly, not 500 years later. Acts 2:1-4

lew0049

CWebb
And the reference in Solomon is coming from Solomon's wife - and it is describing Solomon.
And the translation you use is wrong when you use Strongs which indicates "machmad" which means "delightful, hence a delight"

MFaraz_Hayat

It is truly inaccurate for one to believe that the reference made in John refer to Muhammad b/c of a few very important reasons.

First, read the entire book of John. I guess if you routinely pick something out and neglect everything else in a book then your reasoning might work. John states that Jesus existed before Abraham and a ladder between heaven and earth. Thomas refers to Jesus as my Lord and my God. Additionally, the book states that Jesus was crucified, dead, buried and resurrected. Again, something that the Quran does not support. Additionally, the SAME chapters in John you reference also say Jesus is the only way to God.
'
Also, you are not reading the verses closely at all. In John, Jesus says the Spirit was already with them but the prophecy was that the Spirit would be "in them" and dwell with them forever. This is something new as the Spirit was already in Jesus.
Also, Jesus says the Comforter would be with his disciples forever, which Muhammad was not. Also, you neglect where it states the "invisible" Comforter. Many people saw saw Muhammad so he was definitely not invisible.
Also, Jesus says the Comforter will come quickly, not 500 years later. Acts 2:1-4
The spirit could not have been in Jesus, because he clearly said that it would come when he DEPARTS.
Secondly even though Prophet Muhammad has died, according to Quran Islam is the religion to be followed and would remain till end of the earth:
"This Day Have I perfected your Religion For You, Completed My favour on You and Chosen Islam As Your Religion." (Quran)

MFaraz_Hayat

And the reference in Solomon is coming from Solomon's wife - and it is describing Solomon.
And the translation you use is wrong when you use Strongs which indicates "machmad" which means "delightful, hence a delight"

The answer to this is on a link but due to 15 post limit I am unable to post it.

MFaraz_Hayat

The spirit could not have been in Jesus, because he clearly said that it would come when he DEPARTS.
Secondly even though Prophet Muhammad has died, according to Quran Islam is the religion to be followed and would remain till end of the earth:
"This Day Have I perfected your Religion For You, Completed My favour on You and Chosen Islam As Your Religion." (Quran)

Also please quote when you make statements.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
I have to wonder how
John 7:39
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

fits into this "The Comforter is Mohammad" theory.

may

I'm just so happy that everything that has already happened is according to prophecy. Now, can someone tell what happens next? Beyond all the screaming and dying prophecy that keeps getting delayed every four years.[/quote ....................................The next prophecy of the bible to come to completion ,is that False religion will come to her end , the reason the bible speaks about false religion as a she ,is because she is spoken of in the last book of the bible as a harlot who is full of bad things. and this harlot is a worldwide empire of False religion, and to make things worse the most guilty ones are those who claim to represent the God of the bible , but really they are full of badness, but in the end it will be ALL of false religion that will be going down in a big way , But the true God of the bible Jehovah PSALM;83-18 is Gathering a GREAT CROWD of people from all nations and he is telling these ones to GET OUT OF HER revelation 7;9-10 revelation 18-4 so when this worldwide empire of False religion goes down ,Gods people will not have to worry because they have got out of her and they will not be effected by her plagues. and yes ,it is the true God that is going to make her go down in a big way , in fact she will NEVER be found again . the bible speaks of this in revelation
"And a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: ‘Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.’" (Revelation 18:21) i would not want to be attached to that millstone because then i would go down with her . i am glad to say that i have no dealings with false religion . i am out of there. i have done what the bible tells his people to do , i have got out of her ,and then i have allowed the true God to take me in . it is only by allowing the true God to take me in that i can be on Gods side . yes this false religion being destroyed, is the start of the GREAT TRIBULATION. but no worries those who heed the warning will get through the great tribulation, and then they will see another prophecy being fullfilled and it is this one in Daniel 2;44 .
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; ...................... Daniel 2;44 even though this heavenly kingdom has already been set up and established in the heavens , while human rulerships are still ruling , it will very soon now crush and put an end to manmade goverments ,and then this heavenly goverment will rule forever. so i am putting myself on the side of this heavenly kingdom that was set up in the heavens in 1914 inline with bible prophecy and chronology. and yes you have guessed it ,the one who has been given the kingship of this heavenly goverment is Jesus christ Daniel 7;13-14
(Ezekiel 21:26, 27)
(Luke 1:32, 33) .................... now wear is my palm branch i can feel a wave coming on revelation 7;9-10:)

lew0049

CWebb

In John it says the Spirit was in Jesus and then the Spirit would be "within" mankind after Jesus departs.

MFaraz_Hayat

I have to wonder how
John 7:39
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
fits into this "The Comforter is Mohammad" theory.

A contradiction in Bible, I think.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
If you read into it enough, you will find it.
I'm sure I can find references to Dracula, Cthulhu, Lestat, and Nostrodamus in the Bible.

love

tri-polar optimist
Muhammad has been dead for many, many years and I find no comfort in the fact that he lived. When you meet the Comforter you will know.

gnostic

The Lost One
Being on the road before, MFaraz_Hayat, with both with the Song of Solomon and with the Gospel of John....well, I see nothing new here.

I am not convince back then that these passages have to do with Muhammad. And I am not convince with these same argument. It speaks of "spirit", not of "man"....not even of a "prophet".

JayHawes

The scriptures that are said to be fortelling of Mohammed are imagined....Jesus Clearly says the Comforter will be the Holy Ghost (whom Muslims think is Gabriel), that itself prooves that Mohammed is not the comforter.

Muslims just pick out any verse in the Bible (which they say is corrupt) and try to make Mohammed fit. The truth....he's not in there.