• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophet Muhammad prophesised in Bible.

JayHawes

A contradiction in Bible, I think.

Originally Posted by Mestemia
I have to wonder how
John 7:39
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
fits into this "The Comforter is Mohammad" theory.

In what way is this a contradiction?

The HOly Spirit, though present was never always present with mankind. When Jesus sent the comforter he would remain with them forever, not for a season.

Crowley

:sorry1: The Bible from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22 is only about Jesus Christ.
And no one else. When someone else is mentioned in the Bible, it is in its connection to Israel.
Beginning at Genesis 3.15 the first Messianic prophesy given by God that He Messiah would crush the serpent's head.
Every prophecy, every verse, every line, every letter, every jot, every tittle, every punctuation is all about Jesus Christ. And no one else.
Who he is. What he is. When he is. Where he is. Why he is. How he is.
There is no prohecy in the Bible about Muhammed.
The Song of Solomon is about Jesus Christ who is the Lily of the valley, the Rose of Sharon, the One altogether lovely, the Fairest of ten thousand.
Muhammed was born in the 6th century I think, and God handed down the Law about 2500 years before that.

Crowley

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:
"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."
"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem"

This is talking of Jesus Christ.
There is no reason to believe or think this is Muhammed or anyone else.
It is Jesus.

Crowley

The Qur'an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

The Qur'an was written about 3000 years after Moses was given the law by God at Sinai. On a burning smoking mountain. The Qur'an is not in agreement with the Holy Bible, thus disqualifying it from being of divine origin.
The Law mentions the Prophet like unto Moses who is obviously Christ. Peter confirms it in Acts.
The Gospels? Jesus said that Moses spoke of him. He was referring to the Prophet like unto Moses in Deuteronomy.
If the Bible is read from beginning to end, you will find no other but Christ. The Bible was written for the sole purpose of revealing Christ.
Israel was formed, and raised up to bring Christ into the world.
Beginning at Adam, then on to Seth to Shem to Abraham, to Isaac, to Jacob, to Judah and down the line through the kings to Joseph and Mary; sixty four sons born in an unbroken line to Jesus born of Mary
The ancestors of Jesus Christ.
Why does the Bible give us the genealogy of Jesus? So we can know exactly who he is where he came from and how he came into the world.
The Bible tells no other story but the story of Jesus our Saviour.

UnityNow101

The Qu'ran is not in agreement with YOUR interpretation of the Holy Bible. Have you ever taken a look at the Holy Book of Islam?

Crowley

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

:yes: The Comforter came in Jesus name on the Day of Pentecost in the upper room.
The Holy Spirit is God, not a mortal man.
:yes: Jesus went away and then the Comforter came. Jesus did not send Muhammed, he poured forth the Holy Ghost which they saw and heard.
:yes: The Bible is only about Jesus Christ.
:no: There is absolutely nothing in the Bible about Muhammed.
I would be more than glad to go through the Bible with any Muslim and prove that the Bible is only about Jesus.
A muslim will not be able to fit Muhammed anywhere in there for the Bible is only about Christ.

Clipping out scriptures and saying it refers to Muhammed is not proof of Muhammed in the Bible.
The Bible is in perfect order and it tells an orderly story of one nation (Israel), one family (Isaac's) and one Saviour (Jesus)
It follows a perfect theme, it does not deviate from the story of Jesus.
Trying to place Muhammed in the Bible is like trying to place a square peg in a round hole. Not possible.

Crowley

The Qu'ran is not in agreement with YOUR interpretation of the Holy Bible. Have you ever taken a look at the Holy Book of Islam?

I know what the Bible is about.
Jesus Christ.

UnityNow101

Is the one that Jesus was to send clearly the Holy Spirit? Hasn't the Holy Spirit been endowed upon men even before Jesus "gave" it unto others? And clearly, if all Christians are entrusted with the Holy Spirit, why the divisions and disagreements? Shouldn't you be blessed with true guidance from the Holy Spirit?

Crowley

Is the one that Jesus was to send clearly the Holy Spirit? Hasn't the Holy Spirit been endowed upon men even before Jesus "gave" it unto others? And clearly, if all Christians are entrusted with the Holy Spirit, why the divisions and disagreements? Shouldn't you be blessed with true guidance from the Holy Spirit

It is recorded in Acts 2 about the Holy Ghost being poured out.
ALL Christians agree that
1. Jesus is the Son of the living God
2. He was born of a virgin
3. He is God.
4. He died and rose again and ascended into heaven.
5. He is coming back to judge the quick and the dead.
People in the Old Testament didn't have the infilling of the Holy Spirit like they do now.
You're asking something from Acts
which is in the New Testament.
Look at Genesis 3.15

Crowley

Have you ever taken a look at the Holy Book of Islam?

The Bible is a closed book. Nothing can be added to it or God will add the plagues in it to to the one who adds to it,

Crowley

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:
"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."
When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".
Muslims would realize that this was the exact method through which, Prophet Muhammad recieved the first revelation.

You're posting something that supposedly took place millenniums after Moses and the Hebrew Prophets.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
In what way is this a contradiction?

The HOly Spirit, though present was never always present with mankind. When Jesus sent the comforter he would remain with them forever, not for a season.
It is only a contradiction for those trying to shove Mohammad into the Bible.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The Bible is a closed book. Nothing can be added to it or God will add the plagues in it to to the one who adds to it,
Says who?
Not the Bible.
The Bible did not even exist in its current form till long long after the scriptures were written.