• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecy Unfolding

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Daniel while in captivity in Babylon- the first kingdom in the image that God showed Nebuchadnezzar in a dream, then God showed Daniel and gave him the interpretation of that dream.
Wow, so a vague and unauthored claim in a book, allegedly came true, and how does this evidence a deity intervened exactly?

Wow, so a vague and unauthored claim in a book, allegedly came true, and how does this evidence a deity intervened exactly?
You wouldn’t know because you obviously haven’t read it. Daniel has the dream and then the interpretation, it’s easy to understand but if you can’t then maybe stop thinking of yourself as an ape or monkey.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Sheldon said:
You wouldn’t know

Hence the question.

Daniel has the dream and then the interpretation,

All you have done yet again, is repeat the claim and ignore my question, how does this evidence a deity intervened exactly?

Question too difficult for you?

InChrist

Free4ever
What do the scriptures say about China? Russia? India? Africa? South America? Seems very limited, racist, ignores most of the world.
Racist??? I think the biblical position is that there is ONE human race created by God and everyone us of equal value. The scriptures don’t say a lot about other countries because God has had a certain purpose for Israel in His plan through history. It is not because others are ignored.

InChrist

Free4ever
But just in your last reply you said that kingdoms are not countries. :shrug:.

I said the terminology is different now and kingdoms are referred to now as countries or nations. I didn’t say a kingdom is not a country.

No they were not, I'm sorry. You'll note that Bahrain, UAE, and Oman are not on the list. Go look up where they are on a map.
Okay, it seems you are correct. But as I’ve said elsewhere, I think this confederacy developing is in the initial stage at this point. According to the scriptures, the final global government and Antichrist world leader will arise from a type of revived Roman Empire. So I think we are beginning to see this coming together, as foretold in the Bible and we’ll see these things taking place.

InChrist

Free4ever
You might have read a different bible to the ones I've read.
Maybe you don’t know how to read or understand the Bible. I used to read the Bible and thought for years it didn’t make sense. Then I was saved by Jesus Christ. Instantaneously, my understanding was changed it became clear .

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Maybe you don’t know how to read or understand the Bible.
Maybe you don't?

I used to read the Bible and thought for years it didn’t make sense. Then I was saved by Jesus Christ. Instantaneously, my understanding was changed it became clear .

Maybe your first impression was correct, and your subjective belief has clouded your judgement? The evidence of the bible suggest this might be the case.

Exodus 21 for example

So is there any context in your opinion where it is moral for one human to buy and own another as a slave, as described in exodus 21? How about the endless tribal ethnic cleansing endorsed in the bible, depicting one tribe as chosen by a deity over all others? That seems like racism to me.

InChrist

Free4ever
Whether it does or doesn't is not for me to say. Also, prophecy using Revelation is fraught with problems with translation of the symbols being used, and that's where the real rub is.

Basically, my take on Revelation is that the Kingdom is already here, thus the "millennial reign" started with Jesus and continues on through today. 1000 years is symbolic in Judaism as it often stands for "great numbers too high to count", much like today if I said: "Look outside as there must be a million birds in our yard!", as you would not likely just start counting.
That’s amillennialism. I have always thought that kind of allegorical perspective of the scriptures in nonsensical. The Bible is very specific to repeat 1000 years six times in Revelation. That tells me is means a literal 1000 year period.

InChrist

Free4ever
Maybe you don't?

Maybe your first impression was correct, and your subjective belief has clouded your judgement? The evidence of the bible suggest this might be the case.

Exodus 21 for example

So is there any context in your opinion where it is moral for one human to buy and own another as a slave, as described in exodus 21? How about the endless tribal ethnic cleansing endorsed in the bible, depicting one tribe as chosen by a deity over all others? That seems like racism to me.
The Bible is a narrative of human history and behavior. God has given humanity much freedom and leeway. A lot of behaviors and practices took place which God allowed humans to be involved in, but which He did not condone. Slavery was a practice of humanity I am sure God does not endorse. Another example is polygamy. So I would say slavery is immoral, just like a lot of other immoral things people do against God’s will.

idea

Question Everything
Racist??? I think the biblical position is that there is ONE human race created by God and everyone us of equal value. The scriptures don’t say a lot about other countries because God has had a certain purpose for Israel in His plan through history. It is not because others are ignored.

If it was really for everyone, there would be accounts for all the countries. So I will ask again,
What are the prophecies for China? Where is the concern for all the Chinese people?
Where are the prophecies for Africa? For all the wars, and history of Africa, where is any of it in the Bible?
Where are the prophecies for South America? Again, for all the wars, famines etc. that have happened, where are they talked about in the Bible?
Where are the prophecies for India?
There are wars, famines, natural disasters all over the world - and somehow, Christians completely ignore all of it - only talk about the middle east, why is that? It is not a religion for the entire world, or helpful to the entire world, when all the wars, disasters, famines for everyone else are completely ignored and not talked about. It is racist, and ignorant of the history for the majority of the world's population.
Christians only seem to care about white history - what influences America/Canada, and the middle east - why is that?
Tell me about China, tell me about Africa, tell me about India, tell me about South America, talk about everyone equally and that would be something.

If it was really for everyone, there would be accounts for all the countries. So I will ask again,
What are the prophecies for China? Where is the concern for all the Chinese people?
Where are the prophecies for Africa? For all the wars, and history of Africa, where is any of it in the Bible?
Where are the prophecies for South America? Again, for all the wars, famines etc. that have happened, where are they talked about in the Bible?
There are wars, famines, natural disasters all over the world - and somehow, Christians completely ignore all of it - only talk about the middle east, why is that? It is not a religion for the entire world, or helpful to the entire world, when all the wars, disasters, famines for everyone else are completely ignored and not talked about. It is racist, and ignorant of the history for the majority of the world's population.
Christians only seem to care about white history - what influences America/Canada, and the middle east - why is that?
Tell me about China, tell me about Africa, tell me about India, tell me about South America, talk about everyone equally and that would be something.

Well I see plenty: The doors are open to Heaven for everyone! Be reconciled to God is what the Spirit is saying! He isn’t holding our sins against us. Thanks be to Jesus Christ!

“And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭14:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬
“And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5:9-10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
“Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭5:20-21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I don’t think it is actually possible to bend the scriptures to suit one’s needs. Maybe some or many have done so, but it is not a legitimate use of the scriptures.
Every day, in every way, things are working into Jesus' prophetic description of what to look for.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I said the terminology is different now and kingdoms are referred to now as countries or nations. I didn’t say a kingdom is not a country.

IC. You literally said:

"The text says...

The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
Daniel 7:24

It doesn’t say one country, but one kingdom and that kingdom was the Roman Empire which will be revived."

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. Are the kingdoms in Daniel actual kingdoms, or just any modern version of a country? Pick a lane.

Okay, it seems you are correct. But as I’ve said elsewhere, I think this confederacy developing is in the initial stage at this point.

Okay, so the facts do not line up with what you actually claimed, but you're gonna keep believing anyway.

Percolate on that.

InChrist

Free4ever
Christians care about all people, or should anyway if their lives are transformed by Christ. The scriptures are not focused on white people at all ... or America. Jesus was Middle Eastern Jewish, by the way, not white. Have you read the Bible? The scriptures don’t contain prophecies for every country because the focus is not this temporary earth or humanly created countries. They are concerned with one place- the new heaven and earth and spreading the message of eternal life to all people. This is a fallen, sinful world plagued with the things you’ve mentioned- famines, disasters, etc. God is calling anyone from anywhere to come to Him and receive an eternal destiny

“And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation”
Revelation 5:9

InChrist

Free4ever
IC. You literally said:

"The text says...

The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
Daniel 7:24

It doesn’t say one country, but one kingdom and that kingdom was the Roman Empire which will be revived."

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. Are the kingdoms in Daniel actual kingdoms, or just any modern version of a country? Pick a lane.

Okay, so the facts do not line up with what you actually claimed, but you're gonna keep believing anyway.

Percolate on that.
My perspective is that the final world government and (Antichrist) leader will arise out of a united group or confederacy of countries which were once included or connected with the Roman Empire at the time of Christ.