• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecy Unfolding

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I realize you are not alone in your thinking. On the other hand, what offer of equality do you see in evolution?

That sounds like whataboutism. Why would you think evolution is offering anything, it is an insentient process, in stark contrast to the notion of an omnipotent omniscient deity, which would have literally limitless choice.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That's a subjective claim, not objective evidence?

There is no better evidence, or any evidence of God, other than the 'Self of God'. This 'Self' is the embodiment, the 'Christ' Annointed of the Holy Spirit.

No one can find God in any other way than by the 'Self of God', the Messenger, their lives and the Word they offer.

Regards Tony

Sheldon

Veteran Member
There is no better evidence, or any evidence of God, other than the 'Self of God'. This 'Self' is the embodiment, the 'Christ' Annointed of the Holy Spirit.

No one can find God in any other way than by the 'Self of God', the Messenger, their lives and the Word they offer.

Regards Tony

I have no idea what that means, but what you offered was entirely subjective, not any kind of objective evidence, if you don't have any why not just say so? Stringing subjective claims together is not objective evidence.

InChrist

Free4ever
IC. You literally said:

"The text says...

The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
Daniel 7:24

It doesn’t say one country, but one kingdom and that kingdom was the Roman Empire which will be revived."

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. Are the kingdoms in Daniel actual kingdoms, or just any modern version of a country? Pick a lane.

Okay, so the facts do not line up with what you actually claimed, but you're gonna keep believing anyway.

Percolate on that.
Here is a recent news article for you...

Boris Johnson keen on forging ‘Roman Empire’ of wider Europe

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

As per usual, Boris is a fool who likely knows little history. He wants a mythological glory akin to the Roman Empire without an actual empire.

And none of this has anything demonstrable to do with any Bible prophecy. Christians have been trying to read the tea leaves of their holy book's prophecies for 2,000 years. They've all been wrong to date. I see no reason to believe the trend is suddenly going to change.

InChrist

Free4ever
As per usual, Boris is a fool who likely knows little history. He wants a mythological glory akin to the Roman Empire without an actual empire.

And none of this has anything demonstrable to do with any Bible prophecy. Christians have been trying to read the tea leaves of their holy book's prophecies for 2,000 years. They've all been wrong to date. I see no reason to believe the trend is suddenly going to change.
After a little further reading, it was actually Emmanuel Macron who suggested creating a revival of the Roman Empire at a recent G7 event and Boris Johnson thought it was a great idea.
But we’ll see. There may have been those who misinterpreted or were wrong in their claims or timing. Yet, when it is God’s appointed time the events of the prophetic scriptures will take in affairs of world for anyone who is paying attention to see initially and all will see.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What objective evidence prompted you to start believing in a deity?
I always wondered what it was all about from the time I was young, but eventually I became an atheist because there is so much hatred and confusion and misery in the world. But then things happened that made me turn around and study the Bible with people I respect. The rest is something we all must find out for ourselves.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That sounds like whataboutism. Why would you think evolution is offering anything, it is an insentient process, in stark contrast to the notion of an omnipotent omniscient deity, which would have literally limitless choice.
I don't speak for God. I only know what I know and of course, anyone's knowledge is limited.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
when it is God’s appointed time the events of the prophetic scriptures will take in affairs of world for anyone who is paying attention to see initially and all will see.
Which deity is this, and what can you offer in support of the claim beyond a bare subjective assertion?

"Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur".

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Sheldon said:
What objective evidence prompted you to start believing in a deity?
I became an atheist because there is so much hatred and confusion and misery in the world. But then things happened that made me turn around and study the Bible with people I respect.

So no objective evidence then? What specifically in the bible made you start to believe a deity exists?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I don't speak for God. I only know what I know and of course, anyone's knowledge is limited.

I never asked if you spoke for any deity, nor do I see what that has to do with my question.

You asked "what offer of equality do you see in evolution?" I asked, since you seem to have missed the question: Why would you think evolution is offering anything, it is an insentient process?