• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof of Islam?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Well I have plenty of courage, but part of that courage leads me to acknowledge that generally speaking over time the interpretation of a text changes as apologists post-hoc rationalise the meaning to suit more modern knowledge in my view.

Therefore I would assert that far from looking to the most modern 2023 interpretation, we should probably be looking to the first interpretations as they would be closer in time to the original meaning in my opinion.

Therefore I would ask of what benefit is your 2023 ultra-post-hoc rationalised version over say a yusuf ali translation which is substantially earlier?
I suspect yusuf ali has a western perspective.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I suspect yusuf ali has a western perspective.
Why do you feel the Indian barrister Yusuf Ali has a more western perspective than a western developed AI and its un-named human inputs who could be any average westernised Muslim with no insider knowledge of Eastern culture such as sureQuran 2023 edition?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Hello,

I am interested in finding out why Muslims believe Islam is the right religion, and discussing these points.
Alternatively, non-Muslims who have an idea as to why Muslims have this belief.

There are almost 2 billion Muslims, so there must be a reason they believe, however I have searched many different places and can’t find a reason I can accept.

Any reasons welcome, but especially if anyone has reasons which are more uncommon, as I have looked at the more common ones already.

This is coming from a Christian standpoint.

Thank you.
Because they believe that Muhammad is a Prophet of God and that the Quran is the Word of God. They also believe in Christ and Moses. The Quran helped establish a religious community with laws and so it was a step forward from the individual teachings of Jesus.

King Phenomenon

Warning: My answer is decidedly harsh.

I think Islam and Christianity are brilliant when it comes to indoctrination and preying on the weak. They are both a lot like unscrupulous used car salesmen, painting rosy pictures and making promises they cannot keep. Further, they unabashedly borrow the best of humanities morals and ethics and attempt to claim them as their own. And even worse, in addition to co-opting good ideas, they also claim that their horrible ideas (like scapegoating and tribalism), are good ideas.
Oh but you’re forgetting the majority of Christians who keep it simple. Ah! Life is good

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I believe that won't matter. In the end there is only Jesus.
I think in the end there will only be black holes.

And in the end-end, even those will disappear / evaporate and all that will be left is a huge black void with scattered photons, neutrinos, electrons, etc flying through it with distances between them so vast they will hardly ever bump into eachother.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why do you feel the Indian barrister Yusuf Ali has a more western perspective than a western developed AI and its un-named human inputs who could be any average westernised Muslim with no insider knowledge of Eastern culture such as sureQuran 2023 edition?
I believe it just feels that way. I don't know his bio.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe that is the same thing. Jesus is God in the flesh not a go between man and God. And the B man has a message but it isn't from God.
Baha'u'llah had a message and it was from God.

Since God is spirit and not flesh, Jesus cannot be God IN the flesh.
Jesus was a Manifestation of God, a Messenger of God, and a Mediator between God and man.

God is:

All-Powerful
All-Knowing
Omnipresent
Self-Existent
Self-Sufficient
Immaterial
Immutable
Impassible
Infinite
Eternal

Flesh cannot have these attributes. That means that Jesus was not God in the flesh.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
(1) Quranic miracle (it sounds too good).
(2) Eloquence (less people aware of these signs).
(3) Philosophical arguments for the religion (even less people aware then above two).
(4) Beauty and mystic appeal (a lot probably for these reasons).