• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof of God in the Simpsons...

Sonic247

Do you remember the good old days when The Simpsons was still funny? Okay it's not like The Simpsons was ever a Christian show but haven't you noticed how directly the rising corniness and blasphemy follow each other. Was it really always just about the money?It used to be so funny you would have to think- "The writers must actually enjoy there jobs." They had that spark, that intuition about what is funny. Now they are trying to replicate it but it is gone.... I miss the Simpsons but I'm glad in a sense, the Simpsons was the funniest show ever. If they didn't lose there edge and were as blasphemous as they are now they would do way more damage than Family Guy. I can't prove what happened but I think it's cursed. And I'm not out of order: Your out of order- The whole freakin' systems out of order. 'Cause when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it Religious Forums it's Chinatown!!!

Sonic247

I actually am curious about what writers wrote what episodes, then maybe I can distinguish there styles and maybe decide who my favorite is. Ahh so many great episodes, Homer at bat was good, Marge vs. the Monorail... It would be hard to pick a favorite episode. If I found out that one of the same people who wrote one of those episodes wrote, for instance, the recent one where Homer goes to Israel, I think I would literally cry (well okay I'm exaggerating but still)

Sonic247

Never saw it yet... there is a block where I have probably seen every episode but idk what season it stopped. I might have missed 1 or two though who knows. I would def. by s. 1-10 at the very least, but I am poor so....

Sonic247

The episode where Bart and Homer become Catholic... that definitely delighted the old Catholic in me. XD
I just watched it and..
(This isn't a serious comment but it comes to mind because I saw A Streetcar Named Marge last night) .... if you set out to push the bile to the tip of my throat, mission accomplished! I'm, uh, I'm gonna crawl into bed with a bottle of amaretto. Good day.

Nah I'm just kidding. But yeah I just didn't think it was funny. I gues it was a little funny where rats apparently jump in your mouth if you open it. lol, Reminds me of my pet rats (although they never did that) that was a little bit funny. But other than that....eh

Sonic247

Oh yeah, that was an early one too. It was a little blasphemous at one point... when God tells Homer "hmm I guess you have a point." But like I said it was never a Christian show. And of course it has the all paths to God view, which is what can be expected from a non Christian view. But now it's just so much worse. But it had some funny moments. Flanders was still a nice guy at least. He was always kind of silly. But now he is a jerk who sleeps around and always gets angry. See Flanders was never really cool but he was almost always a nice guy, but I feel like at some point they figured Flanders being such a nice guy is giving to much credit to Christianity they had to remake him. Ahh I was just talking about how TV and other media will unite the world (but not necessarily for the better) I'm still not ready to give it up yet though... but I just go online and watch the old episodes.

Renji

I was just 4 or 5 when the Simpsons was first aired on the local television channels (we're not using cable channels that time) here in my place. I used to watch it but I can no longer remember the episodes, so I can no longer relate on how that show presented some evidence of God. :D

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I'll be a Presby-Lutheran any day.

BTW, Family Guy beats Simpsons IMO ;)

I never really liked any of the religious Simpsons episodes, but I guess when Lisa was converting and Bart said "Become a Methodist" was incredibly epic.

Sonic247

To me it's just an increased frequency of blasphemy that directly correlates to a decreases frequency of funny jokes. But it could just be changing with the times as society as a whole become cornier and more blasphemous... maybe a 12 year old today feels the way I did about the Simpsons at 12. And maybe my grandfather felt the way about simpsons s. 1 that I feel about modern day Simpsons and only though Rocky and Bullwinkle was funny or something like that.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
To me it's just an increased frequency of blasphemy that directly correlates to a decreases frequency of funny jokes. But it could just be changing with the times as society as a whole become cornier and more blasphemous... maybe a 12 year old today feels the way I did about the Simpsons at 12. And maybe my grandfather felt the way about simpsons s. 1 that I feel about modern day Simpsons and only though Rocky and Bullwinkle was funny or something like that.

Watcha mean? If you are defining Family Guy as blasphemy, then South Park is very blasphemy, and Simpsons not-so-much.

It also means I love blasphemy...-ing? xD

Flankerl

yo3edwgs.jpg

AH HE'S BACK! We have to save Woody Allen!