• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proof Jesus Wasn't God

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Islam said:
I dont get this. Why do you worship him? And why do you say he's God's literal son? Their isnt even one single verse in the Bible where Jesus says "I am God" or "worship me". It doesnt exist. So why eowrship him??

How is he God when he says:

"I can of mine own self do NOTHING . . ." JOHN 5:30

HE HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE HEREAFTER :

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, NEITHER THE SON, but the Father " MARK 13:32

HE WAS IGNORANT OF THE SEASONS :

'And seeing a fig tree afar of having leaves, he came if happily he might find any thing there on. and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves, FOR THE TIME OF FIGS WAS NOT YET." MARK 11:13

IMAGINE A "GOD" BEING TEMPTED by THE DEVIL:

"Where he (Jesus) stayed forty days, being tempted by Satan" MARK 1:13

God being tempted by the devil? Please, no.

HE DOESN'T EVEN CONSIDER HIMSELF GOOD:

So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. Mark 10:18

Please, stop worshiping someone who doesnt even consider himself good.

And why do you consider him the literal son of God? Where the Bible ascribes many other sons to God, but you say they are metaphorical?

You see what Christians have to stop doing is jumping to conclusions. When jesus says the "father" they say its literal. When Someone else says in the bible "the father" they say its metaphorical.

The Bible ascribes sons by the tons to God. (a) 'Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the SON OF GOD." LUKE 3:38 (b) "That the SONS OF GOD saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took wives of all which they chose. ". . when the SONS OF GOD came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." GENESIS 6:2 and 4 (c) " . . Thus- saith the Lord, Israel is MY SON even my FIRSTBORN." EXODUS 4:22 (d) " . . and Ephraim is my FIRSTBORN," JEREMIAH 31:9 (e) " . . Thou (o David) ART MY SON; this day have I (God) BEGOTTEN thee. " PSALMS 2:7 (TONS A ton is 2000 lbs weight, that is about a thousand kilograms.) ("FIRST BORN:" How can there be two "firstborns"?) ("BEGOTTEN" How can God beget David at the age of forty? "This day'?)
(f) "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the SONS OF GOD. ' ROMANS 8:14

So He isnt God and isnt the son of God!

But since we are pulling Bible verses out of the hat:

Isaiah 32:6
For a fool speaks nonsense,
And his heart inclines toward wickedness:
To practice ungodliness and to speak error against the LORD,

Revelations 22:

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. 21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

Genesis

Yes moon woman it is ok to post that, as long as it isnt flaming. To create a better world you must be accepting of others thoughts and openly express your own. People should not take offense easily and rather hear what others have to say. If we dare not say such things in our everyday lives why not here? I have learned a great deal from this thread even if bad intentions started it.

Islam said:
It can be interpreted several ways. A being sent by God he ment that you can't tempt God through me. He wasnt saying he is God. Just listen to yourself. You're saying that God was tempted by the devil ... GOD, tempted by the devil!
Yes, saying that God would succumb to temptation by the devil is about as ludicrous as saying that Jesus would succumb to temptation by the devil;) . It's your personal opinion that He wasn't claiming divine deity there, one not supported by the followers that knew Him and were taught by Him on a daily basis. Who are we to believe, Christ's own followers, or a man who wasn't even born until 600 years after He died?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
islam,

here are some apples for you to ponder:

I am not quoting the entire scripture because I have so many scriptures they would take up too much space. I would recommend looking up each scripture and reading it in context so you are not confused…

I used the topical guide function of scriptures.lds.org to find these scriptures and copied the shortened verse:

Divinity of Jesus

Isaiah 7:14 a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son.
Isaiah 9:6 his name shall be called … The mighty God.
John 3:16 God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son.
Matt. 3:17 This is my beloved Son.
Matt. 14:33 thou art the Son of God
Matt. 16:16 Thou art the Christ the Son of the living God.
Matt. 28:19 baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son.
Mark 1:1 Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Mark 5:7 Jesus, thou Son of the most high God.
(and a whole lot more but you get the point)

The Power and Authority of Jesus Christ

Gen. 17:1 I am the Almighty God. (hmmm, enough said? the rest are icing)
Isaiah 9:6 his name shall be called…The mighty God.
Zech. 14:9 Lord shall be king over all the earth.
Matt. 10:1 he gave them power against unclean spirits.
Matt. 24:30 coming…with power and great glory.
Matt. 28:18 All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mark 2:10 Son of man hath power … to forgive sins.
Luke 4:32 his word was with power.
Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father.
John 1:3 All things were made by him.
John 3:35 Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
John 5:22 hath committed all judgment unto the Son.
John 17:2 given him power over all flesh. (including mohomad I presume):cool:
Acts 2:36 God hath made that same Jesus…both Lord and Christ.
Rom. 1:4 declared to be the Son of God with power.
1 Cor. 15:24 he shall have put down all…authority and power.
Eph. 1:22 put all things under his feet.
Col. 1:11 Strengthened… according to his glorious power.
Rev. 5:12 Lamb that was slain to receive power.
Rev. 12:10 Kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ.
(and a whole lot more but again, you get the point)

Hope this clears up any confusion you had about who Jesus Christ is.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
Islam said:
I dont get this. Why do you worship him? And why do you say he's God's literal son? Their isnt even one single verse in the Bible where Jesus says "I am God" or "worship me". It doesnt exist. So why eowrship him??

How is he God when he says:

"I can of mine own self do NOTHING . . ." JOHN 5:30

HE HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE HEREAFTER :

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, NEITHER THE SON, but the Father " MARK 13:32

HE WAS IGNORANT OF THE SEASONS :

'And seeing a fig tree afar of having leaves, he came if happily he might find any thing there on. and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves, FOR THE TIME OF FIGS WAS NOT YET." MARK 11:13

IMAGINE A "GOD" BEING TEMPTED by THE DEVIL:

"Where he (Jesus) stayed forty days, being tempted by Satan" MARK 1:13

God being tempted by the devil? Please, no.

HE DOESN'T EVEN CONSIDER HIMSELF GOOD:

So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. Mark 10:18

Please, stop worshiping someone who doesnt even consider himself good.

And why do you consider him the literal son of God? Where the Bible ascribes many other sons to God, but you say they are metaphorical?

You see what Christians have to stop doing is jumping to conclusions. When jesus says the "father" they say its literal. When Someone else says in the bible "the father" they say its metaphorical.

The Bible ascribes sons by the tons to God. (a) 'Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the SON OF GOD." LUKE 3:38 (b) "That the SONS OF GOD saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took wives of all which they chose. ". . when the SONS OF GOD came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." GENESIS 6:2 and 4 (c) " . . Thus- saith the Lord, Israel is MY SON even my FIRSTBORN." EXODUS 4:22 (d) " . . and Ephraim is my FIRSTBORN," JEREMIAH 31:9 (e) " . . Thou (o David) ART MY SON; this day have I (God) BEGOTTEN thee. " PSALMS 2:7 (TONS A ton is 2000 lbs weight, that is about a thousand kilograms.) ("FIRST BORN:" How can there be two "firstborns"?) ("BEGOTTEN" How can God beget David at the age of forty? "This day'?)
(f) "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the SONS OF GOD. ' ROMANS 8:14

So He isnt God and isnt the son of God!

people worship him because he brings them hope in a life that they are otherwise unsatisfied or insecure about! it's simple psychology really.

Ryan2065

Hope this clears up any confusion you had about who Jesus Christ is.
You have made a great case for proving Jesus to be the son of god... You have quoted parts of scriptures that were passed down by oral tradition and re-translated so many times its obvious they are finally in their true intended form. :angel2:

It all boils down to your own faith... You cannot prove Jesus was god and you cannot prove Jesus was not god.

Islam

Gen. 17:1 I am the Almighty God. (hmmm, enough said? the rest are icing)

Are you kidding me? You have to be joking. Read the complete verse. Either you were trying to decieve me and the people or you were ignorant.

The verse is:

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.

What does that have to do with Jesus?

Matt. 28:18 All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

This is your understanding of God? God is givven the power? God gives power, no one gives him the power. Jesus says "GIVEN UNTO ME" GIVEN! Which part of given dont you get?

Islam

Who are we to believe, Christ's own followers, or a man who wasn't even born until 600 years after He died?

Let me ask you, how many years after Christ (peace be upon him) was the Bible written down?

Kay

Towards the Sun
FatMan said:
An even more basic question should be asked - -

Why do you care who worships Jesus? It shouldn't affect your beliefs one bit. Frankly, if I want to worship a hairy transvestite named Bob, I should be able to whether he/she is good, bad, or ugly - or all three, without questioning by you.

Wise answer. Frubals.

Islam said:
Are you kidding me? You have to be joking. Read the complete verse. Either you were trying to decieve me and the people or you were ignorant.

The verse is:

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless.

This is your understanding of God? God is givven the power? God gives power, no one gives him the power. Jesus says "GIVEN UNTO ME" GIVEN! Which part of given dont you get?

Jesus quite explicitly says that No man has seen the Father at any time. Yet the LORD appeared to Abraham...so if God appeared to him, but it obviously wasn't the Father, then who was it?

Islam said:
Let me ask you, how many years after Christ (peace be upon him) was the Bible written down?
All the books that would be compiled into the New Testament had been finished by 100 AD. All the Old Testament books were written long before Christ was born.

Islam

Matthew 23:9 (New King James Version)

New King James Version (NKJV)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
http://www.biblegateway.com/bg_versions/bgclick.php?what=94 http://www.biblegateway.com/bg_versions/bgclick.php?what=30
Jesus says:
9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Acts 2:22 (New King James Version)

New King James Version (NKJV) Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

Peter says:

22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a MAN attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know—

Job 25:4-6 (New King James Version)

4 How then can man be righteous before God?
Or how can he be pure who is born of a woman?
5 If even the moon does not shine,
And the stars are not pure in His sight, 6 How much less man, who is a maggot,
And a son of man, who is a worm?”

You and I according to this Bible are nothing more then maggots. "AND THE SON OF MAN WHO IS A WORM". Why? Because why are nothing compared to God. How can God be in human form where he's telling you "how can he be pure who is born of a woman?" Jesus was born of a women! He was even circumsized! 83 times Jesus is adressed as the son of man in the Bible, 83 times. Not one time does he say I am God. We find him saying I by the finger of God cast out devils. I my own self can do NOTHING. We find him ignorant of the seasons. We find him ignorant of the timing of the day of judgment. Yet he is claimed by you to be God.

Islam said:

In the Greek there, "given" is actually better translated "surrendered." It's not the like Father just decided to be nice to Jesus one day so He gave Jesus a present...the power was already Christ's before He came to Earth, but He gave up that power in assuming human form...when He was resurrected, His power was returned to Him.

Islam

Then that is a mistake with the translation. You claim that the Holly Ghost inspired the bible authors to write. Dont you see the irony? The Quran, was a verbal revelation. The Bible according to christians was an inspiration. John has a dream of Jesus, so he writes it down. Etc. Huge mistake.

athanasius

If Jesus wasn't God then he would certainly be lunatic and not a good moral teacher. Becuase no man claims to be God and gets himself killed over this teaching unless 1) He really is God or 2) he is insane

CS Lewis made a remarkable study on this in his book Mere christianity.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Islam said:

The verse is:

Islam. sorry to give you this news but Jesus Christ is the God of the OT. So it has everything to do with Jesus. :D

Islam

If Jesus wasn't God then he would certainly be lunatic and not a good moral teacher. Becuase no man claims to be God and gets himself killed over this teaching unless 1) He really is God

You dont get what Im saying, you dont get the point. JESUS NEVER SAID HE WAS GOD! NOT IN ONE SINGLE VERSE DOES JESUS SAY HE WAS GOD!

Islam

Islam. sorry to give you this news but Jesus Christ is the God of the OT. So it has everything to do with Jesus. :D

And who told you that Jesus is the God of the OT? Jesus did? Did Jesus say I am the God of OT? Jesus never said to be God never mind being the God of the OT!

Islam

the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless

Also, this is a contradiction of the many contradictions in the Bible, be it NT or the OT.

"No man hath seen God at any time John 1: 18

(b) " (God) whom no man hath seen, nor can see .,."I TIMOTHY 6:16

(c) "And he (God) said, Thou canst see my face: for there shall no man see me, and 1ive. EXODUS 33:20

Contradicted by: (a) "And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend Exodus 33:11 (b) 'And they (Moses, Aaron and seventy others) saw the God of Israel . ." EXODUS 24:10 (c) "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved GENESIS 32:30
And as a special favour God shows his back parts to Moses "And I (God) will take away my hand and thou shalt see my back parts . . . " EXODUS 33:23

This is the word of God you claim? God makes mistakes and forgets what he said so he contradicts himself? Please, stop it.